Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transpore tape

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar

Transpore tape

Everyone says this stuff is so great, but my experience with it yesterday has me thinking twice. It hurt like a MOFO taking it off and it left a tape residue on my skin I can't get off.

Help!.....

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

1) Cut your hair real short or remove it completely. Long hair will get tangled in the tape strands, so unless you want to 'wax' there, short hair is best.

2) Use a soft plastic sandwich baggie or condom to protect the most sensitive bits.

3) A glue remover, like that used in breast form adhesive will work on the residue. Have not tried anything else, but perhaps you can try baby oil or makeup remover. Alcohol or acetone might work, but they will sting...
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Julie
    <------------- Ashley a little petrol/gasolene like in your avatar on a cloth will do the trick.

Julie

I'm really surprised to hear that. I use it and only have problems removing it if when it sticks to the hair. If it's just skin, it shouldn't hurt so much... it's really not that sticky and most certainly shouldn't be leaving a residue.

Just as a sanity check, the label on my roll of tape is labled; 3M Nexcare First Aid, Transpore, Flexible Clear Tape.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Platinum Member
    thats the ting that i don't like abought glue or tape ......yuck .....

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid
    I'm really surprised to hear that. I use it and only have problems removing it if when it sticks to the hair. If it's just skin, it shouldn't hurt so much... it's really not that sticky and most certainly shouldn't be leaving a residue.

Just as a sanity check, the label on my roll of tape is labled; 3M Nexcare First Aid, Transpore, Flexible Clear Tape.
    That is the exact product I used. I have tried rubbing alcohol, soap, Gojo, dish soap and windex. My skin is so red it hurts alot. But the residue is still somewhat there. I guess I will just tough it out and hope I can keep it hidden.

Re: Transpore tape

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Jersey
    Everyone says this stuff is so great, but my experience with it yesterday has me thinking twice. It hurt like a MOFO taking it off and it left a tape residue on my skin I can't get off.

Help!.....
    Heh heh heh...(sorry, not a pain sadist...but this ouch topic is a bit funny)!...

Compared to electric epillators and leg waxing...using transpore for extended periods shouldn't be so "wrenching" an experience!

I am not a regular user of the stuff...but I did once have to use industrial strenght grey duct tape underneath a tie-from-behind halter top (although I had lost too much weight, I was deadset on accompanying someone to Manhattan, at the time en femme)...

J.
    Last edited by Mx Justina; 08-13-2005 at 10:54 AM. Reason: sentence extension

I have leftover acitone I used to remove some nails done at a salon, it wipes the glue reside right off and feels just like acohol evaporating as it drys.
    I used a non-breathable tape while out one night and it blisterd my skin after about 5 hours. It took weeks to heal,hurt like hell, and I swore I would never try that again just to boost the twins LOL
    The 3M transpore wont do that, and after a couple years using it I can say the slight discomfort taking it off is nothing ! I have shoes that hurt more LOL

Cindy

Slight discomfort my a$$. It blistered the poop out of me. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this was just kinda not expected. I will try the acetone tomorrow if it doesn't come off on it's own.

Ashley, if your skin is irritated, the acetone will sting pretty good if you put it on broken skin - just a warning.... where on your body was the tape?

This may sound crazy, but use Ronson lighter fluid for Zippo lighters.

DanaJ

Dana, you beat me to it

Lighter fluid dissolves most adhesives, won't sting you, it evaporates quickly and it's a Hell of a lot safer than messing w/ gaasoline or acetone!

Put a bit on a paper towel et voila!

~ King Crimson, Indiscipline

Next time, Ashley (if you try it again ) be sure to use an astringent to clean the area before using the tape. Lotions, moisturizers, aftershave, etc. will cause the glue to breakdown and leaves a sticky mess. I found that out while doing a facelift with tape. I finally got it off with Jojoba Oil... actually, any oil should loosen it enough... and then use dish soap to get rid of the oil. (In a pinch... even mayonnaise will work.) Also, if the tape sticks too tightly... jump in the shower and the hot water will help to soften the bond. Take it off sloooooooooooowly and you won't lose so much skin!

I'm really surprised about GoJo... it works on "EVERYTHING"!!! I cut down a dead pine tree this afternoon and it even got the sap off of my hands. I don't recommend this... but I heard that some TGs use it to take off their makeup! And... with all that pumice... you exfoliate at the same time!!!
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]

Re: Transpore tape (caution please!)

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Ashley, if your skin is irritated, the acetone will sting pretty good if you put it on broken skin - just a warning.... where on your body was the tape?

This may sound crazy, but use Ronson lighter fluid for Zippo lighters.

DanaJ
    Then again (without humour)...you all well-meaning souls may be piling suggesttion after suggestion for for chemical applications to what may be a skin condition/reaction equivelant to a chemical burn (you know as in 1st, 2nd or 3rd degree skin damage)... Perhaps keeping the area water-flushed, cooled, and gently dried...and testing carefully for chemical sensitivity (to what's about to be applied)...maybe safer.

I'm reminded of a past personal event, where I innocently put a paint-thinner soaked rag in a rear pocket, and kept painting for several hours...only to later discover a very sensitized (angry-red and painfull to touch) skin area just where my rear chemical-soaked rag containing pocket had been positioned... That rear welt remained visible for months.

J.

Aspiring Member
    I have problems with tapes too especially in hot weather.

I've used Transpore, Leukoplast and a friend also suggested using ordinary hardware store masking tape. The masking tape is actually easier to remove as it is less adhesive. But they all blister my skin in summer. I now use a combination of the right bra, velcro and a small length of tape if necessary.

The residue doesn't particularly worry me too much though it is hard to remove.

Fiona xx

Tristen Cox
    ...or you could use duct tape.... :whistle:

Aspiring Member
    quack - quack.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Acetone, gasoline, lighter fluid... sometimes I forget who posts here.

Just take a hot bath and scrub.

I got gas on my [insert injury from repeatedly jabbing things] thumb (well, everywhere) while changing my fuel filter and it stung for two days whenver I touched something.

It's not something you want to be rubbing on your already irritated skin.

That is.. unless you are some sort of macho guy.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Ashley, I'm no doctor, but I think it's possible you had an allergic reaction to the adhesive. Of all the tapes I tried, I had one that irritated the hell out of my skin. It was sore for a week or two. The surprising thing is it was the 3M skin tape that is waterproof. I don’t remember the name, but the inside or the roll says 3M Healtcare. I have had no sensitivity issues with the other tapes I have tried to include my experiments with duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal
    Acetone, gasoline, lighter fluid... sometimes I forget who posts here.
    Well, Cross Dressers post here generally - why do you post here?

It's not something you want to be rubbing on your already irritated skin.
    Ashley, if your skin is irritated, the acetone will sting pretty good if you put it on broken skin - just a warning....
    ...already covered that

Just take a hot bath and scrub.
    ...and this is supposed to be good for irritated and broken skin???

DanaJ

Update:

Still have red marks from the tape, although they are starting to fade. Tried acetone, didn't do much but burn like a mofo for a second. It is slowly coming off in wear. I have taken 4 showers so far, hot water and scrubbing does absolutley zip for it. Thinking about breaking out the sand paper.

Tristen Cox
    Don't use the dremel!!!!!!!

I wouldn't dare break out such a wimpy tool. I have an angle grinder for sanding.

Tristen Cox
    8" mud hog would help, after all it is used for 'bodywork' Lmao!

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Well, Cross Dressers post here generally - why do you post here?
    That's irrelevant. I just think it's odd for you girly types to be recommending people pour cancer causing flammable liquids on themselves to break away tape residue.

...and this is supposed to be good for irritated and broken skin???
    I didn't say scrub with a rock.

Hot water is the safest bet at any rate. Just sit in a bath for a while and rub your hand over the stuff and it should come right off, and be relaxing.
    If that doesn't work you aren't doing it right.

Besides if you are going to be using distilled petroleums you are going to have to wash yourself to get it off anyways.
    Last edited by Ibuki_Warpetal; 08-14-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

....Hot water is the safest bet at any rate. Just sit in a bath for a while and rub your hand over the stuff and it should come right off, and be relaxing.
    If that doesn't work you aren't doing it right.....
    I think in 29 years, I have figured out how to wash myself. It will not come off with hot water and soap. Still is on my skin two days later. My skin must be sensitive to it, which wouldn't suprise me at all.