Thread: The Story so Far

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

The Story so Far

It has been a hell of a 4 weeks or so. Fortunately more good stuff than bad, and now even the bad is rather funny. So, the subtitle of this is ... The perils of underdressing!

4 weeks ago, at 6 AM, I walking from the parking garage to my office. It, being 6 AM, is dark. The street is wet and the pavement is dark. There is no traffic as I cross the street, but good citizen that I am, I use the crosswalk. Oh -- have I mentioned that even though I'm in boy mode, I am underdressed, bra and panties -- hmm girls pants that pass for guys as well as a girls sweater that is unisex. Oh and girls shoes that my wife got for me at goodwill that have sort of clunky heels. So -- to the eye, I'm in boy mode. Anyway, as I cross the street I step in a round hole about 3 inches wide and 6 inches deep. It is an uncovered access thing for a test valve for the gas company. I go tumbling sideways on to the sidewalk, left elbow first then right hand. Incredible waves of pain envelope me! I say several words, similar in spelling to the initial letter and last 3 of firetruck . I lay there for a minute then get up and painfully make it to my office. By 10 AM I am toast, and head off to the doc-in-a-box for treatment.

HORRORS -- I'm wearing a bra! X-Rays! Sweater will come off! So there I am, after painfully making the drive to the clinic, struggling to take off my bra while sitting in my car in the parking lot. Now while this type of situation, taking a girl's bra off in a car in a parking lot is normally reserved to stories of teenage lust, might not seem to apply, I can tell you it truly helped. OMG -- hope I don't have to take off my pants -- or socks!

Shortly thereafter, diagnosis confirmed -- elbow -- small fracture

This meant a sling for two weeks -- HORRORS! -- I couldn't fasten my bra to get it on, it hurts so bad.

My wife had to chuckle at my anguish at not being able to wear a bra. UGH! She thought it a bit comical --not in a mean way -- just that her hubby felt less than fully dressed without his bra

I'm all better now -- mostly - still hurts a bit. But I did get lots of loving care -- and bought a new bra yesterday.

PS -- it took the city a WEEK to put a cover on the hole after I called them twice!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

[SIZE="2"]Wow Toni...I think you got off easy....what if you had been wearing heels and broke one!!!....just kidding, glad it all worked out well, other than the elbow that is.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Ouch!

One of those things you'll laugh about in a year or two that was NOT funny at the time! Hope it heals fast and you can get back to normal: a guy wearing a bra!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Oh, man that stinks... I broke my arm and was in a cast 4 a long time

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I took a tumble down the cellar stairs once fully dressed. Took me a moment at the bottom for me to check all my appendages, all I could think about was if I had been knocked out, or broke a leg and the parents came home to find me!

Luckily I escaped with some bruises and sore bones!

Hope everything heels quickly!

Hugs
    -Kalyee

Toni: I'm glad you got your bra off in time. If I were to worry it would be to have to go to the drs. last minute anh the doc tell me to strip to my waist. I went to the Hosp. in Feb to have a colonoscopy. I had to remove my toenail polish the night before. Don't you know they told me I can leave on my socks.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Great story. It 's tough to not wear a bra for 2 weeks. Glad you can sit back now and laugh at it. It must of been painful trying to take that bra off in your car. I can just picture this. Wow.

I had a dislocated shoulder for several weeks and that wasn't fun either.

I would have sent the city the bill for the doctor's visit! Glad you're (mostly) okay, and bummer about not being able to dress properly!
    Feel sexy because you're confident, be confident because you're sexy. -"Chained" Jane L Michaels

Lady Fox ISO New Friends ladyFox920's Avatar

Thumbs up From Lady Fox

I'm glad it worked out & hope the elbow is better !