Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?

I am Hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?

Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?

yes she knows, is very accepting at times, but usually seems to deal with this side of me

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.

I feel shame for it, mostly because I have asked my wife to keep this secret for me, and that it could embarass her and our kids someday.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?

The one gay male that I know has openly hit on me and says I set off his gaydar but he can't figure out why. I am not out to him as he has openly bashed "those cding freaks"

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?

as a manly man, and has very few clues otherwise. I dont watch sports, or go fishing, but have had painted toenails for long periods of time, I think people a afraid to bring the toenails up as they may think it may cause a confrontation

Hope our answers help

I am heterosexual never met a guy I would like to kiss. I think if I were born a GG I would have been gay.

Yes I have a partner in life

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
    She knows and sees me dressed and lets Me know if I am doing good as far as getting passable.

I did judge my self until I came out to my wife, I think it was because I felt like I was not honest with her.

I have never met a guy person to talk to about this but I would hope they would be understanding as I am about there way of life.

I think society as a whole thinks I am a pervert some one to keep there kids away from. I have never hurt a child or woman in my life and I cherish them both I put them both way above a man on every level. I hope some day that could change we are the way we are and that don't make us bad.

Hope this helps Samantha

Somewhere in between

No

My ex knew and was very supportive of it (it was simply a online thing but the most fulfilling). Not long after telling her, she actually brought it out of me and things just grew from there. It felt natural and it was like, as the relationship grew, I grew. After that, I do not think I could not be in a relationship without them knowing the real me

Yeah, its almost like a love hate relationship. I go phases of feeling guilty and hateful towards myself and all kinds of negative. I have a bad habit of trying to see myself through other peoples eyes and end up only seeing it bad.

My friend is gay and he is very supportive and totally accepting of me and puts up with a lot of my nonsense. I had a gay friend in college too but he..just could not understand and it seemed like thinks it was just one big joke. It might not of helped that he was friends with a drag queen who he made fun of too. It was so hurtful when he said to me that he did not want me to be a girl...
    I'm not saying everyone in the community is like it, but it seems a lot of them are actually quite closed minded and see things the way they want to. I think my friend was just a bad example though

I feel quite invisible to most of society. I could not say about how society around me reacts to me since I hide everything away although it does feel like I don't fit in, even if I am pretending to be a boy. It's like everyone has their own place, role, but being like this I kind of slip through. I used to work in a supermarket and the boys were always such..well, stereotypical men around each other so thats a no go or they would just swoon other the over girls. The girls seemed only interested in the popular guys or their own little groups so everything seems kind of segregated? I found that the older ladies there were very friendly and it did not matter who you are (not that anyone knew) or where you were in your life. They would talk with everyone

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? yes

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. sure, but no longer in a negative way

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? for the most part they see us in the same way as the straight community sees up

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? 99% of the time they see me as a normal male

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Oh My Goodness! Holy crap! Thank you all sooooo much! I cannot believe the response, you are all awesome! Me and Cat are blown away and so thankful! I was a bit worried about what the response would be, silly me!

Oh, it was pointed out to me by Cat that I never filled out the survey! Whoops! Sooo...

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? 90% heterosexual, with some Bi fun from time to time

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes. My fiance Catherine

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, clearly

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Sometimes I worry if I'm spending too much time on Samantha stuff, if I'm being selfish. I try to keep a balance. Sometimes feel shameful, well, I used to feel that way, not so much anymore

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I'm not sure. I've only been out a few times. As far as I've heard they are very welcoming with a few exceptions here and there

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? As a weirdo, a freak, gay, and not a real man. I don't believe everyone thinks this, I know people who don't judge me. But conventional wisdom is we're freaks

Thanks again everyone for participating and helping out my love!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

More hetero than homo but definitely somewhere in between.

Yes engaged to a female

Yes and she accepts it.

A little bit sometimes as I can feel real down or angry with myself.

The only encounter i have had is when a bi male said he didnt want anything to do with me if dressed.

As i am very much in the closet most of my friends or colleagues think I am more macho and rough and ready therefore have no idea

Hi Samantha,

See below

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? We are all somewhere in between!

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Not now, but my ex does know and supports me

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? They enjoy us. We are fun and we are not threatening.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I am amazed at how well I am treated. There is always the odd idiot but in general people are hugely supportive.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.[/QUOTE]
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Heterosexual

Yes, a wife.

Yes, told her six months into dating.

In the sense that I feel positively or negatively about myself, no, not at all. When I was a child, yes, I thought I was doing something wrong, but as a middle-aged adult, I pretty much just accept it as the way I am.

Don't know, haven't done enough research to know.

Fine! But, I'm not out (except to my wife, a couple of friends), so don't have any experience with dressing in society. While I don't judge myself negatively, if I went out dressed, I would anticipate some negativity during my workday, as I'm around a wide range of people daily.
    -Sedona

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? No

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No, I've accepted and like who I am.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think they think of us just like the hetero community. It's almost like being a 3rd gender.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I think society as whole puts a stigma on anything out of the norm, and I fit that bill. But as long as I'm happy with myself, I don't really care what society thinks.

Jasmine

Hi Samantha,

Glad to help.

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? In between

Yes: Extremely Supportive Wife of 15 years!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, told her before we married.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not at all. I am who I am!

Overall I feel the Gay community disdains Cross Dressers as much as society disdains them.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? It depends on the group. Progressive thinkers are usually pretty cool, Conservatives think we are abominations to their Deity of choice.

Wink

I am bisexual

Wife

She knows and is very involved!

I'm not sure that I "judge" myself. I know who and what I am, I know I'm different
    than other men because I choose to be!

I have a few gay friends,
    most don't care one way or the other. One of my male friends just doesn't like it at all
    and one of my female friends thinks it's just the best thing ever!

I'm not
    "out" to the general public, the people that I am out to are all OK with it, some don't
    understand just why I crossdress or for that much some don't understand being
    bisexual, but they are all still good friends and there isn't any problems. As a whole
    I think crossdressing is the least accepted of any life style choice there is. I have no
    idea why, just my point of view!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?hetero, with bi-curiousity at some level

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?No -- CD'ing is a very recent interest

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.Only how good I look - not at all for CDing

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?Have no contact with "gay community", so I don't know and don't care

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Probably a couple of cards short of a full deck

1. Profoundly hetero......dang, I'm boring. I have so many gay/lesbian friends...what am I missing out on?
    2. Did have a partner ...nothing to to with CD'ing.
    2B. She did tolerate it ,actually....I was not accepting of myself then.
    3. Yes, as the question was asked.
    4. Some gay fellows would like me as Nathalie....Most I know would like me as my guy self, that's what scares me.
    5. Some of my friends like my eclecticsm (which I've already admitted to my alter ego Nathalie). Others I' scared of.

Heterosexual

Wife

She knows that I consider myself transgendered and I don't believe that fact will ever be a marriage dealbreaker to her.

I am who I've always been. There's nothing to judge about that.

I interact with a number of gay men and women daily and the topic has never come up.

I wouldn't know how society views me personally. I'm not extremely social and prefer a more family-oriented life. I've never cared much for what anyone else thinks of me, other than those that I love.

jenncd

I consider myself a heterosexual woman.

Wife

She has known for many years that I crossdress but is unaware of my sexuality or the extent of my being transgendered.

No judging wharsoever. I enjoy crossdressing, am fully comfortable with it and have little, if any, guilt about it. i would likely have gone through SRS if I was fully aware of my feelings at an earlier age. 1

My experience, as little as it is, leads me to believe that gays have little interest in us,. at least no sexual interest. Frankly I have little interest in gay men either.

I really don't know. I've been out and about and seem to have been unnoticed as anything else then what I appear to be - at least nobody has said anything and any partners that I've had seem to accept me as a woman - which is how I want it. I try my best to be what I appear to be.

1.) Heterosexual
    2.) yes, engaged actually =p
    2b.) no, i dont judge myself for this, judging oneself on a harmless behavior IMO tends to further the idea that what we do is in some way wrong
    3.) yes, she is fully aware and sometimes helps me shop for clothes.
    4.) no clue, dont really know many gay people
    5.) generally, i dont care for the msot part, only peoples opinions who matter r friends, family, and my fianc'e
    Last edited by skylance; 03-25-2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: forgot a question

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I class myself as a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes -- She is very supportive and buys me things and goes out with me dressed and we have girly weekends away.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. At first no but over the years I came to accept this is who I am and I have no choice in the matter. Either accept who I am or lead a miserable life.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? In the majority of cases they tolerate us and thats the truth. Do not kid yourself that the gay community welcomes us with open arms.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? If you mean as a crossdresser then I am a freak, weirdo, pervert and of course gay. If as me in bobe mode, I am a nice friendly, helpful guy.

Somewhere in between

No

I try not to judge myself too much I see crossdressing as an natural thing so I don't feel bad doing it

I pretty sure the gay community accepts us for who we are but perhaps curious about crossdressing

That's tough to answer everybody has different inturpations of what crossdressing is

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Girl View Post
    Hey everyone Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy! I do have some fun stories I need to share, but this is not about that.

My fiance is doing a paper and needs our help! She is studying to be a social worker and is an all around awesome girl. You would be in our debt if you take the time to fill out her survey. Thanks so much for your participation

Hey ladies, I am writing a paper on cross dressers for my human sexuality class and would love it if I could get some real life research. I will not see any of your names, Samantha will send me ANSWERS ONLY.Your identity and anonymity will be respected fully. I want to assure you I do not judge you and truly appreciate your time and honesty. This should only take a few minutes. Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you like and to answer only what you feel comfortable answering.
    -Cat

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, but she refuses to discuss details and the extent of it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.Yes, I feel less of a man, perhaps falling short of my potential.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?They are as almost mystified as any other group.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?Society does not understand. I feel some mild disapproval.
    Thanks for your interest.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    Interesting survey.

how do you get on the survey?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carol ehlert View Post
    how do you get on the survey?
    Just reply to the questions in this thread. I copied the questions from the original post then added my answers rather than do a quote of the 5 questions then answer by number.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    1. somewhere in between
    2. Yes, since before we were engaged
    3. Yes and no. I am reluctant to share this part of me with some members of the family and friends, or to go public en femme. I guess that part of me is still somewhat reluctant to fully come out.
    4. I have no idea.
    5. Society as a whole has no freaking idea who I am or that I am a trangendered person.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.[/QUOTE]

1- somewhere inbetween. Including A-sexual

2- not any more. Since I have in the last 2 years gained a greater understanding of myself and this part of me. Prior to that. Yes. I judged myself in a very harsh light that showed not only the supposed flaws of be a transvestite but also my precieved faillings as a man.

3- I am divorced so no SO. My close friends know and don't care. I can say that this one of the reasons for the divorce. But not the only reason. In her defense. I burnedany bridges when I was younger by doing foolish things, not being able to talk about it. Because I didn't understand it myself. By the time I came to understand myself and this urge. The die was cast for a split. By forcing on her in exagerated ways and springing things on her she put up a huge thick wall about the issue. To tjat extent she still does not know nor care to understand the nuts and bolts. She has an opinion and that will not change because she is not interested in learning.

4- my experience is that they, like the greater society don't understand it nor have any interest in it so the go about there biz and say. Live and let live.

5- generally speaking. The view me as a cordial, friendly, benign and happy transvestite. There are always extremes and here there is no difference. I've meet tranny chasers and I've meet complete intolerant people. Mostly people don't understand and have soucj I'm there plate that they don't think about it for longer then they look at me or talk to me. I have recently run into a sterotypical response from a person Ieet. She, yes it wad a she and she isn't lesbian, saw me ad Natasha and instead of asking the questions on her mind decided that I must be gay. So up started the rumor mill within these group. IE. Not understanding, not asking but trying to put it into a context that they could rationalize.

Sorry if the spelling bad or fractured. I'm doing this ony phone.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

None of the above, but I do have two kids. I'm just about midway on the M/F spectrum.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes

I think positively of myself because I have explored my feminine side--few men have the guts to even think they have one. I am a better person for it. Society would benefit if more men would explore their feminine personnas.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Dunno--I never asked any gay person what they think--not that I'd care much anyway.

I guess most men think CDing is creepy, and some (many?) consider it aberrant if not "sinful"; I think many women (in USA, anyway)--esp. younger ones--would think more men should get in touch with their feminine selves--it might make them nicer people. Kind of a "walk a mile in my shoes" thing. (I just can't do heels!)

Please share your findings with us, Cat!
    Malori

I consider myself bisexual but with a little twist: I'm only into men when I'm dressed en femme.

I have just recently moved together with my girlfriend. She is also a (F2M) crossdresser and we frequently reverse roles.

My partner not only knows but actively encourages it. She loves my feminine as well as my masculine aspect equally.

No. I used to feel like a freak but today I'm at peace with my CD''ing.

I don't come in the gay community so I don't know.

Society don't view me as a crossdresser at all since I keep CD'ing within the home and don't go out while dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]