Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Survey

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Thanks again everyone for helping us and participating! Cat has been overwhelmed with all the responses, we didn'y expect so many! We appreciate your honesty and willingness to answer such personal questions. She will definitely send a copy of the survey to anyone who wants it when she's finished!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

response

1. heterosexual

2 a. wife

2 b. knows, wishes to remain in denial, likely doesn't grasp the extent.

3. Often judge myself selfish and reckless. Sometimes just enjoy being a girl.

4. Don't know how the gay community views cross dressers.

5. Society as a whole views me personally as a cross dresser mostly with amusement or disinterest. I dress nicely, but the handlebar doesn't go with the outfits.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Hi! Glad to help out.

1. Bisexual but never had sex with a man
    2. Married
    2b. As far as I know she has no idea
    3. Not now. I did through my late teens and early twenties. Felt guilty and hated myself for being a "pervert"
    4. Not really thought about it. My guess would be they feel indifferent about it as the two aren't related
    5. I think society views me as no different as I crossdress at home when alone. I think society views crossdressers as a taboo because we are still an unknown to alot of people and generally different is seen as weird.

Transgender MtFNOp AShley AShes's Avatar
    . Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?
    Bisexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?
    Spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
    Yes, everything and being Bi

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.
    No, it's a part of who I am.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?
    No problems over all in my area.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?
    A strange person.

Smile

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Just occasional date-male

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no- has been a natural part of me since 15

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? don't know -gay male acquaintances have accepted-at least with ones i interact with-female (lesbian) have an indiffference- I don't advertise my lifestyle as 24/7 lasl 2 years

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? in entertainment industr so slanted in my favor- other observations would say they are still "out" on acceptance-but growing- again i don't flaunt the fact that i have made this lifestyle change,

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hope I'm not too late :)

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? My wife is completely involved with my feminine side. She is my role model and teacher!

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Judge myself? I'm completely comfortable with my feminine self...it is a part of me and is not to be denied.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? In general, probably neutral.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Society hasn't a clue about the connection between my masculine and feminine sides. I feel that most of society doesn't care and of those who do, most are negative.

tina

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Girl View Post
    Thanks again everyone for helping us and participating! Cat has been overwhelmed with all the responses, we didn'y expect so many! We appreciate your honesty and willingness to answer such personal questions. She will definitely send a copy of the survey to anyone who wants it when she's finished!
    Please add me to the list Bibtmcd@yahoo.com
    Mistybtm

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Bisexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? YES!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
    yes she knows am her best friend an she mine we go shopping go out to bars dressed an so forth
    no i love my life thats all i have for this one
    4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? the ones i know thinks its fine

really dont care i live my life the way i want my wife loves me an that all that matters to me

Smile

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? homosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Not at this time.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no - It is my chosen reality.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? With some confusion and misunderstanding.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have no difficulty integrating society on a full time basis.

1. Inbetween. I suspect most people are somewhere inbetween, rather like a normal distribution, with 100% homo on one extreme, 100% hetero on the other, and most of us somewhere inbetween

2. Yes. My wife recognises what makes me tick, and seems to be rather turned on by the natural dom/sub relationship that comes with it.

2 b. Totally - I'm sitting here in her panties, and she picks a pair out for me every day.

3. Hell no. I'm me, and my attraction to feminine clothing is just as natural as my affinity for a tasty meal or a nice cold glass of wine. It just feels good.

4. I can't really comment as I've never gone out in public, but it seems that there are two distinct communities and the non-CD gay groups tend to shun CDs as some abberation.

5. Personally: society sees me as a successful and normal member of my community. If I cross dressed in public, I expect that society would just laugh at me and my social status would plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberle View Post
    1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?
    Hetero

Yes, a wife of 14 years

Absolutely.

Never, not in any negative sense.

No idea. But my guess would be that it's roughly the same as society in general. That is, the same percentage of accepting people as those that think we're nuts.

Personally, I can't say, since I do not go out of the house en femme. I would expect the majority of people to think I'm delusional for thinking I could pass as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I hope I'm not too late
    You just made it Tina!

As of now, including email we have 100 responses which is perfect! Feel free to keep posting, but anyone who posts after this point may not make it in to the survey. We are starting to break down the numbers now. Everyone who responded as of now is in

Thank you again everyone! Cat may post something soon, expressing her thanks, maybe not too soon, she's a busy girl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Hey everyone Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy! I do have some fun stories I need to share, but this is not about that.

My fiance is doing a paper and needs our help! She is studying to be a social worker and is an all around awesome girl. You would be in our debt if you take the time to fill out her survey. Thanks so much for your participation

Hey ladies, I am writing a paper on cross dressers for my human sexuality class and would love it if I could get some real life research. I will not see any of your names, Samantha will send me ANSWERS ONLY.Your identity and anonymity will be respected fully. I want to assure you I do not judge you and truly appreciate your time and honesty. This should only take a few minutes. Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you like and to answer only what you feel comfortable answering.
    -Cat

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    1) I consider myself Heterosexual.
    2) Yes I have a Significant Other but she does not know
    3) I sometimes feel wrong for cross dressing but I do know that as much as I want to deny this part of myself, I believe it is part of me and who I am.
    4) I think the community tends to be much more supportive of cross dressers even though both communities can be much farther apart than what society thinks. I believe this because we go through some of the same persecution as the gay community and therefore know what it feels like to lead two life and to fight for their rights.
    5) For the most part I don't think society really cares about someone like me because there is always something so much bigger going on. The only time I feel examined is when I attempt to draw attention to myself.

ok here goes

1. Some where in the middle. (however never been with a man)
    2. Yes (32 years) and I think in the last year she has a better
    understanding to what extent.
    3. Over the years yes I have, again in the last 5 it's been more postive then negitive.
    4. I think gay guys look at me like are you nuts. Gay ladies are a little more understanding. However when I'm at a ladies bar I feel like i have no chance of blending in.
    5. I think loved ones try to understand but can't. and outside world no problem when I blend.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    1. Hetero as I am really only attracted to women. I suppose if i had been with the right woman and an opportunity had come up who knows what would have happened in a purely sexual situation, but I know I wouldn;t have sought it out
    2. Yes
    2b. Yes

3. I am very comfortable with CDing. I don't get to do it enough, but then again I am less compulsive about it than I hve done in the past. I think it is part of me and I dont want to see it go away.

4. I have had no direct contact with the gay community regarding mine or anyone else's perception of crossdressing, so it would purely be my impression and that could be quite wrong.

5. I think society's impression of CDing is rather poor. Almost always it is a big joke. I think some CDs bring this on the community because of what they select to wear out. If women were to wear that out they might be ridiculed too.

in between
    yes
    not at all
    I judge because i do feel guilty sometimes
    i have no clue
    Im having trouble with myself as a cd er so im sure society does

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero, in that I don't think men are attractive - or even care. I want to cuddle only with a woman. I like the term "Male Lesbian".

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? No - but I hope so someday.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I used to think it was odd and wrong, and somewhat a fetish. I know now it isn't rare, and is just the way I am wired. I understand that gender and sex are 2 different things, and I have a different gender than most other males.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think some understand that we are not much different than themselves. But I think most think we are all gay and need to justify it by wearing female clothes.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? If they knew they would think I'm weird. They think of me in the same way they thought of gays 20 years ago - just wrong. But they will take my money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Homosexual (as in I see myself as a woman attracted to other women)

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, she met me as a girl

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No, I may have male genitalia but Im still one of the girls to everyone I know

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Here in NM the tglb community is very accepting

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Again, NM is a very accepting state, not saying is perfect and safe, but I dont worry to much when I leave for work in the morning

-I consider myself a hetero male. However, on occasion I have had homo-erotic fantasies. I have had one homosexual experience and lets just say that the fantasy wasn't as enjoyable as the reality.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant
    other?

-Yes

-Yes. I tell her as much as I can think of and I answer her questions as honestly as I can.

-I wouldn't say judge, no. Sometimes I feel guilt or shame, but those feelings reduce every time I dress these days.
    I do wonder what I would be doing today if I had never gone through my mum's underwear all those 15 years ago.

-I have no idea. I would hope, however, that a community that knows the pain of segregation and abuse would treat crossdressers no differently to anyone else who were decent and kind.

-As no-one but online folk and my SO know about my crossdressing, I think they view me as any other average joe would be viewed. I fear what my family and friends would say/feel if they knew.
    Samantha -x-

Keep posting!!!

Hey again! Cat informs me that it's ok to keep posting, she may need some additional data, so if you haven't answered yet, FEEL FREE!

Thanks again everyone! Below is a note from Cat, enjoy

Hey...you all rock so hard! I have over 100 responses. So many in fact that my professor is trying to talk me into publishing (or at least trying to) my findings! So...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! Remember, I never saw your responses attached to any pic or identifying markers so if you requested a copy of the paper, please email me so I can save all of your emails and forward the preliminary paper along in a few weeks. I will of course keep you all informed should this become something published.

Keep posting or emailing responses if you want to be included in the larger study!

Much love and appreciation,

Cat
    Caruso12@up.edu

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Somewhere in between

Not at the moment but would lean towards a girlfriend. Guys are just toys

N/A

Used to heavily, but I'm getting over it

In our town they are very excepting

Supercalfragalisticexpialadotious

Hetero (with a slight lean to bi)

Yes

No

Yes. I am very ashamed.

Don't know

Society would think of me as a sissy freak.

- I consider myself heterosexual as a male, but if I was a gg, I'd probably be a lesbian.

- I currently do have either, and since I'm only 20, I don't feel any rush to find a mate.

- It depends upon how I'm feeling. You know how you have those days when everything you do seems to go wrong? Or something big goes wrong while everything else goes right? You start looking for things to blame, sometimes my crossdressing goes in front of the firing squad that way.

- Gay community as a whole: accepting but hating that it's associated. Gays as individuals, as different as individuals.

- Well, since I'm in the closet, I don't know how'd they view me as a crossdresser. But, I did go 85% all out as a female cheerleader one year (with shaved legs and everything like that, but no makeup or hair done, since we didn't wind up going out) and my sister's best friend said (in reference to my legs) "I love you, but that's gay." Another person who was there said I had the legs for it though. So I think that the majority of people in the south still don't completely accept crossdressing, but if they'd have to see any "guy in a skirt" they'd rather that the guy look like at least somewhat like a girl, instead of "Joe Football Player."

1) Straight arrow.
    2) Married (b) she knows
    3) No. I've reconciled my crossdressing with my christian life.
    4) I feel it's irrelevant
    5) As a man, just a regular guy. As a crossdresser when out in public, it's a mix of mostly being oblivious to me, to being polite or amivalent. There is very little negative reaction from the public.

I am completely heterosexual in relation to my presentation, i.e. as male I prefer being with a femalwe, as female, I prefer beong with a male.

2. a.Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?

I am married - 45 years.

She is aware that I am a crossdresser, has seen me fully dressed. Does not know the extent of it though in that I prefer being with a man when dressed..

Not at all. I accept what I am, my only regret is that I did not realize it sooner in life.

My limited experience indicates that gay men view crossdressers as "not their cup of tea". That doesn't surprise me because when I dress, I don't consider myself as male in any way.

As is usually the case, society as a whole really has no idea why the act oe think the way they do. They are badgered by political and religious bigots and "brainwashed" into agreeing whith the emotion of the moment. Most are easily led.