Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!

Survey

Hey everyone Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy! I do have some fun stories I need to share, but this is not about that.

My fiance is doing a paper and needs our help! She is studying to be a social worker and is an all around awesome girl. You would be in our debt if you take the time to fill out her survey. Thanks so much for your participation

Hey ladies, I am writing a paper on cross dressers for my human sexuality class and would love it if I could get some real life research. I will not see any of your names, Samantha will send me ANSWERS ONLY.Your identity and anonymity will be respected fully. I want to assure you I do not judge you and truly appreciate your time and honesty. This should only take a few minutes. Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you like and to answer only what you feel comfortable answering.
    -Cat

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? somewhere in between

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? No

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No cognitive judgements at all on my behavior.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? If you are referring to exclusively "gay males", we are often viewed as an enigma, with a very few attracted by curiosity. Most gay males by default, are not interested in the feminine traits being highlighted, for obvious reasons.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have always been viewed as an eccentric, but interesting person with a unique and amusing, but effective approach to life
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 04-06-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed bold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? no

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. no - CDing is relatively harmless, just eccentric

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? don't know - no basis for opinion

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? as a responsible adult who doesn't always fit my gender stereotype

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #1 Hetro with homosexual leanings

#2 Yes

#3 enjoys me being femme,encourages me in every way

#4 No,I am hurting no-one,and am still the same person inside

#5 like any other section of society,a mixture of both,most are fine,minority
    are not

#6 Cant really speak 4 society as whole,but those that know me,think of me as a nice guy who has interesting side to me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes
    2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
    YES
    3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not really I have become accustomed to wearing womens clothing every chance I get other than panties, jeans and a ladies tee shirt for work
    4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't really care how gays view us.
    5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Other than my wife, NO ONE has ever said anything while I am out dressed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Lesbian

No

N/A

I used to hate needing to dress and loathe myself for giving in to the need. This was partly from having been involved with a religious group when I was a teenager that led me to believe it was sinful.

I tried to "shame" myself out of it but only found that the jeers and catcalls were outweighed by the sense of inner peace I got from expressing my true gender.

Since I have accepted who I am, I no longer feel the need to judge or be judged. I also find there are fewer jeers and I can shrug those off.

Those I know personally don't necessarily understand, but don't judge either

Most people I come across accept me for who I am. Society "as a whole" tends to have their view coloured by the gutter press who only ever mention cross-dressers in a negative way

Polysexual
    NO
    N/A
    No. I am who i am thats it.
    Do not care.
    Do not know at this point.
    Mistybtm

Complex Lolita...
    [SIZE="2"]Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between?
    I am physically heterosexual, no considerations necessary. Mentally I am somewhere in between. Of course, when they see me, most people assume I’m homosexual (see below)…

Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other?
    No. I live with my sister…

If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if?
    N/A. I may tell my sister some day, but I like to keep secrets…

Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer.
    Based on what? No, I don’t judge myself, since that would mean thinking like others, and you have to avoid that at all costs in this all too brief life. The individual is responsible for coming to terms with his or her existence, whatever form it may take. For me, it was easy, but others seem to have problems with societal pressures and expectations. I’m definitely one of the lucky ones…

How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers?
    I have no idea – I really don’t pay any attention to how anyone views us. I mean, it doesn’t mean anything, since I don’t crossdress to be viewed (or even thought of) in the first place. This is a private activity, done for personal pleasure and psychological well-being. If you asked me how I view the gay community, I would say I don’t, but we are usually lumped together with that group for reasons of convenience. Nobody has the time or inclination to make distinctions, and the whole alternate universe of ‘being” suffers as a result…

How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?
    With fear and loathing? Really, you can’t make any generalizations regarding society, since they (I assume) are making generalizations about us. We’re all different, just like everybody else. From my answer you may correctly assume that I avoid group-mentality thinking. I know how society views us, but, once again, it is completely meaningless – the world at large is excluded from my private world of crossdressing, and I keep it that way…[/SIZE]

a bit nutty
    1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Spouse

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? No

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I used to think it was rare, odd, and perverse. I know now it isn't quite so rare, yes still odd, but not perverse.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't know anyone in the gay community.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? They think I'm a weirdo.

Ginger

heterosexual

Yes

Yes, possibly not the extent

Yes, Why can't i be 'normal' for my SO

Dunno, never asked. I assume the same as most of the rest of society does.

Somewhat strange.

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? somewhere in between but much more hetero

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? YES

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? YES

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. NO

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? ACCEPTING, BUT NOT SUPPORTIVE

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)?LIKE A NORMAL MALE AND A GOOD GUY

heterosexual (as in I'm a genetic male who is engaged to a genetic female)

As stated above yes

Yes, she is fully a part of it

No... Funny thing is some would say we might feel something is wrong with us, however judging on the shere ammount of people on this site (and those not) worldwide I think its a growing trend.

I'm not sure I've not encountered any gay people and told them about my lifestyle.

I think humanity is a very confused group of animals. However how do they view me. I'm not sure, various people view me one way or another. I think as a whole I'm probably misunderstood more than anything. Generaly I do my best to blend in and not draw to much attention to myself.

Aspiring Member
    Hetero but Strong feelings toward bi, particularly when dressed

Yes

Yes

Most of my guilt feelings are long past.

Don't know and don't care

A square peg trying to fit into a round hole. We're most definitely on a different level than the norm.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.[/QUOTE]

1. Somewhere im between
    2. Yes
    3. No, I accept myself.
    4. They consider us as not belonging to the LBGT community.
    5. I am and always been viewed as being different from the rest of the male population.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Yes

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Nope

Not sure

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? As a freak
    Drumming, My other hobby

Let's see here...
    1. Hetero. I love women!
    2a. Yes. 26 years.
    2b. Yes, but NON accepting.
    3. Not actually, I used to feel guilty, but after coming to terms and accepting
    that it is a part of me, I am comfortable with both my masculine and
    feminine sides. It strikes a balance in my life.
    4. Probably a lot better than the general populus. The gay community has
    had lots of struggles in society, which have been helped a bit by laws
    that have been passed to protect their rights, so they know where we
    (crossdressers) stand, since we are viewed about in the same category
    as the gay folks. I have a few gay friends, and they are no different to me
    than my hetero friends. I love and respect them all equally.
    5. Society , in general, is composed of many different folks. I think it depends
    on where you live. It seems that small rural towns are a lot less tolerant
    of things or people that aren't "normal" ( someone please define this word)
    than a major metropolitan area. I think society needs a lot more education
    in the area of individuality and cultural diversity.

Aspiring Member
    A:Heterosexual
    A: Yes, a wife of 8 years
    A: Yes, i am open in our relationship, she tries to be as supportive as she can. Yes she knows the extent of my dressing. Although some aspects still creep her out a little. I personally am still closeted to the rest of the world.
    A: Good Question....YES, let me explain, I find myself putting my crossdressing behaviors in same stereotypes as the rest of the world does on some days. I wake up and feel gross about who i am on some....and some days not. Really unsure why i judge myself like this. Maybe its society's conditioning that has brought me to this place where i feel unaccepted even to myself. When the truth of the matter is i have judged myself harsher than any other would for my crossdressing. I learn more about this the farther i walk in my heels, even if it is in my own house
    A: Poorly as individuals, supportive as a whole. My gay friends dont even know about my crossdressing and will be the last to ever know. I have often heard them make comments about other CD's they know and it was prolly the harshest view i have ever heard on the subject. Harsh enough that i cant even post the convorsation in text.

A: Well society has never had a chance to view my femme side personally and i have yet to do so because of the fear of being ostracized by my friends and loved ones who do not fully understand my lifestyle

- Somewhere in between

-Not currently

-N/A

-I used to, but then I accepted this as a part of myself. After that, it sort of faded away and am currently "at peace" with this aspect of my life.

-I feel like they are accepting of us.

-I'm not completely out yet to the public, so I would assume they view me as just a normal person.
    removed

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual in a dress or out.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Married
    2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? She has caught me and threatend divorce and outing me to family and friends, as well as the church.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. I have the guilt of sneaking around because of answer 2b. but I am proud to be Staci other than that and I think God is my only judge. I get judged by my wife a plenty. So I have to say No.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I am not sure on that I have not been around gays or lesbians while dressed, I know the ones I have talked to on here have not been judgemental. Thats not to say some might be. But thewn refer to answer 3.

I have had positive feed back from the people I have met while dressed, although I have seen some stare in bewilderment. or at least confused. Society that I have come in contact with while dressed is generally women and say they feel I or anyone else should be able to wear what they please, Then there are the ones that (like my wife ) think we are a bunch of freaks.
    I hope this is not confusing to you as it is to me but I have run into both ends of the spectrum.
    Last edited by Staci G; 03-23-2010 at 07:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Here you go...

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? I am totally a heterosexual.

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married, 30 years!

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes, my wife fully knows of my crossdressing and supports it.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Yes, at times I do. I wonder why I so enjoy slipping out of "male mode" and into Mackenzie. I realize that I have a very strong feminine side that enjoys expressing herself.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I don't know, I have never asked a gay person what they think about crossdressing.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? I have been out in public as Mackenzie, but to the best of my knowledge, I have passed fairly well. I have not had anyone say anything bad to me, just treated me like another girl. However, I think society as a whole would look down on crossdressing as something wierd, associate us with gays or another group.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? Heterosexual

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? I am married to my incredibly awesome wife.

2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? Yes she does. She doesn't 'love' it but accepts all of me as long as I am honest with her. And I am.

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. No. It'd be like judging myself for my other hobbies. It's just part of who I am and I am comfortable with it.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? I think it depends on the people involved.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? They view me exactly as I've been viewed all my life. My clothing does not change who I am.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Girl View Post

1. Do you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between? What is it they call it when people aren't interested in sex? I have no sexual preferance because i'm not interested having sex.( maybe i just haven't found the right person with the key to getting my sex drive started?)

2. Do you have a partner, meaning spouse or significant other? Nope. Single and always have been.
    2 b. If yes, does your partner know of your cross dressing, or the extent of if? N/A

3. Do you judge yourself for cross dressing? Please explain your answer. Not now that i have finaly accepted who/what i am. I used to think it was wrong and stuff but not now.

4. How do you feel the gay community views cross dressers? Not being one for hanging around pubs and clubs let all being active in the GBLT scene i have no idea.

5. How do you feel society as a whole views you (personally, not as a group)? Not realy sure? We done something at college a while back where by we were to describe the others in the class. I can't realy remember the responses i got but among them was always willing to help, good sense of humour and caring. under all that i think people would say eccentric? and i dunno what else?

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at caruso12@up.edu for any questions or if you would like a copy of the paper when it is done.
    Hope this is of use to you and good luck with the class / studying.

Deep down inside, I'm probably a heterosexual woman. But, the whole thing is a trip, and even though people believe they can separate gender identity from sexuality, I think it's not exactly that simple.

Not at the moment.

N/A

While in principle, I think nothing is wrong with it (it harms no one), given society's reaction, it does harm many people by proxy, so I consider it my personal demon.

I have many gay friends and they'd probably not like me saying this, but it's the truth. They talk a lot, and pretend to support us, because of the "GLBT" thing, but in reality don't "get" us, don't "understand" us and consider us as "freaks" making it harder for them to make further "progress." That's why they throw us under the bus whenever they get the chance to (ENDA bill... hmmm?)

They generally believe we're ALL gay people in denial and having that denial manifest itself in this physical display we do. It's also why they only support drag queens, and in that, slightly, since it's more of an exaggeration, almost a mockery of women, and not an actual expression of femininity to them. While the trans community was fundamental from the start, in the actual Stonewall riots themselves, that seems to be long forgotten.

I think society views the trans community as freaks, akin to having a mental condition (including me), but... is fascinated by girls who are able to transition and be truly passable (even though they won't ever admit to it). A human being going from a caterpillar to a butterfly, whether it is shedding 500lbs or becoming the woman they are, blows people's minds, no doubt. That being said, the gay community still sees those people as gay and in denial, even after fully transitioning, being married, adopting kids, etc.

Hi Samantha, I sent my answers via email. Good luck to you guys!

Smile My answers!

1. Somewhere inbetween. 2. Yes i have a girlfriend. 2b. I told her right from the begining and she has always been supportive. 3. I used to feel silly after getting my kicks out of crossdressing when i was younger but not anymore, i don't judge myself for revealing who i truly am on the inside 4. I've been to the Johannesburg gay pride parade and i got on very well with all those beutifull people. 5. Society would probably think i'm gay , weird or a freak!
    Last edited by Elvira; 03-23-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Alterations