Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hiding clothes

Banned Read only
    I currently have it right in the open, the closet in my room has only girl clothes in it, most of the dresser. However, when I did hide things, I had them under the mattress, in a duffel bag, or even in the heating duct with some small things I was sure wouldn't get lost.

There was a very good thread last year on this very subject. Do a search and you will add a lot of very good options for hiding your "stuff". Good luck.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Walker
    wondering if where u girls hide ur stuff if u do
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I hide things, but I put everything in its place, since I'm somewhat fastidious. I hide my femme things in plain sight, even if nobody is going to enter my space. I have a closet full of clothes, plus boxes of other things nearby, a dresser with all of my unmentionables, and a bathroom with all of my makeup and hair stuff. Everything is just out of view, but a brief exploration will reveal all in short order…[/SIZE]

The trick to finding a really effective place to stash your stuff is to identify the places that most people are not aware exist. My personal favorite happens to be the space between the floor and the bottom drawer in a dresser or desk. Pull out the bottom drawer and drop your stuff inside, put the drawer back, and bingo - it's gone.

But there are all sorts of places that most folks don't think exist. Drop ceilings are another relatively obvious example. Others might depend on how much work you want to do, and how skilled you are at doing that work.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

As a general rule, women do not like attics and crawlspaces. But they will go looking in basements and garages. I you put clothes in a plastic bag in the attic, especially if the only access is a ceiling hole, you are almost guaranteed it is safe. But it is a pain to retrieve it quickly all the time. If you use garage or basement, set a can of insect killer beside or close to the storage container. It usually scares off most curious females. Another trick is to make sure the place you choose to store the "suitcase, etc. is dark. (no lights on in attic, no lights close to see in dark area, so they avoid going to that area.

FYI, humans have a natural tendency to hide things at eye level and in the direction of their dominate hand (right-handed...off center to the right...etc.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Years ago, when I was married, I kept a box of stuff up in the rafters of the garage. One day I went to get my stuff, and some f***ing mice had built a nest right in the middle of my stuff and chewed much of it up for nest material.

As I have stated, I am closetted and will always be. I am building a utility building in my back yard to move some of my power tools out of the garage. I am building a false wall on one side with a hidden latch. Just so you don't think I am crazy or extreme here, I visited the house of 7 gables 20 years ago and I have been fasinated ever since by the hidden room they used in the event of hostiles. (I also like McGiver LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    As I have stated, I am closetted and will always be. I am building a utility building in my back yard to move some of my power tools out of the garage. I am building a false wall on one side with a hidden latch. Just so you don't think I am crazy or extreme here, I visited the house of 7 gables 20 years ago and I have been fasinated ever since by the hidden room they used in the event of hostiles. (I also like McGiver LOL!)
    when you go to "outside" storage, bugs and animals join the list of pests you are trying to keep from discovering your things, lol. Wasps and hornets are notorious for moving into those secret places. At a minimum, I would have everything in totally sealed plastic bags. I would also keep in mind that any scent of perfume, make-up etc will attract them, as well as four legged creatures of the night.

It is not a deal-killer, but definately requires some additional strategy for those pests who do not "talk".

good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to keep clothes in a bag under my bed, at other times I kept them under my drawer where you can pull the bottom draw out and place them underneath. At one point they were in my gym bag which is not the best place as they got found. Now that my SO is accepting and stays over a lot I tend to keep my nightie under my pillow and if anyone asks its hers. Then the rest of my stuff is in a big bag in my wardrobe which is known as her emergency bag.

As one person suggested my work desk here in my office the last drawer on the floor, I can pull out that drawer so there is a great deal empty space of about 3" of room deep, 15" wide and 22 inches deep. That is where I keep 3 pair of shoes, panty hose and some bras. Then I have all these magazines subscriptions for past umpteen years that that there is like 4" of space in each one. So the top row I have all my dresses in there, Then also in my closet there is my office filing cabinet and in the back behind all the files I can store my so called made breasts a few bras and my makeup. Last place is the closet in garage in my golf bag. I can store mini skirts and tops and a pair of shoes. So I also have a hidden space that was an old radiator area and I have 2 huge plastic bins I can push up in the wall and that holds many dresses, bras and more shoes and boots.Oh yea my last place I have is a business suitcase that is in my office that has my wigs, my nicer bras, corset and stockings. So lots of places to hide items. I may take al the items in the magazines subscription boxes and put them in my closet with my suits. My wife never goes in my closet.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    I still live with my parents (unfortunately), but my room is upstairs, and neither of my parents go up there except maybe once a year. Sometimes I just leave some of my stuff out on my bed, or on the side of the bed that they wouldn't be able to see from the bedroom door.

But the bulk of the stuff is kept in a large box in the bottom of my closet. It was the box my computer case came in a couple years ago. So, they hardly ever come upstairs, they go to my room even more rarely, and they have business with my closet even more rarely than that. :P

I've hid them under drawers, in dropped ceilings, in my travel trailer, in the bottoms of boxes that had other stuff on top, suitcases etc. Then I got really creative. When I was finishing the basement and framing around the main heating ducts, I extended the framework about 8 feet past where the duct work ended thus creating an empty space about 8 ft long by 4 ft wide and about 16 inches deep if you took into account the depth of the floor joists. It was perfect and never discovered. These days I no longer hide anything - but I don't leave it all lying around so that it is always in my wife's face either.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

loves shoe shopping
    I don't hide my clothes at all. They're in full view at all the women's clothing stores all over the world!

Okay, I'm just kidding. Mine are all over the place, mainly in the back of my closets (yes, I've got two closets in my room) and in the back of my dresser drawers.

Oh yes, Melinda! I sympathasize. You should see the mouse damage the lower hem of my wedding dress. And you should be glad you could not smell it the day I spilled gasoline on it--yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Walker View Post
    i live with my family and have hid my girdle clothes in a small box in my closet. but i can only fit a couple pair of underwear in it and i really want to expand my wardrobe i was just wondering if where u girls hide ur stuff if u do
    Tracey-I have a separate room in my place with a deadbolt lock&I just lock it up
    when company comes,namely family&I just tell them certain things in there are
    private&no one's business
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Re: Hiding Clothes

I've loved reading this thread it's really me have a laugh!
    Over the years i've probably used most of the ideas mentioned above,
    I always found the attic to be fairly safe most people I've lived with scared
    of spiders and would not go up there!
    I've lived alone now for 10 years+ and my things are openly about my bedroom
    reading this has brought back memories and reminded me of the blind panic I use to feel when someone was near to one of my stashes L.O.L !!!

In the Car No More

I used to have my clothes in a couple of suitcases in the car. Once, when I went through a security check, they searched my car and opened my bag. One of the guards was a woman, she looked at my corset and boots and assortment of leather skirts and said -- "boy you must have some fun!". I was mortified but then she said -- "hope you have a great day" - and winked. I went on with my meeting and never saw her again. Now, the clothes are in a crawl space in the attic.
    Hugs,
    Connie

I used to hide mine in all sorts of places. Under the floor, Bottom of the wardrobe, sports bag, in the shed, in the garage, in the loft, in the void under the bottom drawer in a cabinet was one of the best but all of them... No matter what, sooner or later someone says.... I want to move the furniture, tidy the shed, find somethng in the garage or call a plumber in.

It was a nightmare, it;s one of the reasons I'm honest with my partner, and told her about my clothes from day one... I hated hiding things and living in fear of being outed by accident.

I have a 2nd room,which is my private den&office&I put a deadbolt on the door&I simply
    lock it up,when company comes over,or stays in my place while I'm away
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

with the money

being out to the wife makes life easy. But the hiding before was a pain.
    In the box spring is easy and convenient. Flip it over and find the spaces to cut open to reach easy when flipped back.
    I have been found out in most other spots, but not in the box spring.

This post sent me on a trip down memory lane big time!! lol

I've hidden stuff in my car, under the bed, behind drawers, you name it! Truth be told, I didn't have a lot to hide back then, so it wasn't that difficult. Can't imagine trying to hide dresses without wrinkling them though.

Good luck!

when I lived at home I had a foot locker,w/lock & key, and kept everything in there now everything in drawers under the bed & in my dresser with my male clothes and other hanging along with my wife clothes

I used to use a big tool box with a lock on it.

I moved my stash around from time to time over the years. But, last May, my wife and I finally had a talk about me. That was a little tense. But, I now have two foundation drawers for bras and panties, and nylons, and a wide drawer for folded clothes. I can put anything in the attic. No one wants to go there.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

My walk-in closet is that my dresses/skirts share space with my suits & dress shirts & ties .
    Anyone amongst family & friends wants to ask what's the deal with that?....they can. I have nothing to lose by telling the truth.

I keep underwear, tops, bottoms & intimates in a separate bureau in a separate bedroom, and my paraphernalia (breast forms, hip padding) and makeup books in a steamer trunk just for the sake of keeping track of it. I am proud to be an eccentric....so shall I be.