Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NC T-Girls Beware !

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar

NC T-Girls Beware !

[SIZE="3"]Attention, North Carolina Girls ! In preparation for my next outings, I took the trouble to contact the District Attorney's office regarding the legality of male-to-female crossdressers' use of women's restrooms. The information I received was very disquieting, as I confirmed that it is illegal for a person having male genitalia to enter a women's restroom in the state of North Carolina. Therefore, it is very important for us to carefully plan our outings to ensure that rest stops will be only made at places having unisex restrooms. Even with my passability and high confidence on outings, I am not willing to risk prosecution for breaking that law.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats a good reason to carry a urinal like in the hospitals with you here in NC. I have not run into the situation yet.I am sure it is bound to happen tho.
    I am kinda taken aback though, I live in Asheville,NC and this is a very TG friendly area. There is a place called Tressa's uptown that is very welcoming of TG af any faith (CD,TS,TG,DQ) what ever. So all of you that say NC is off the list to vist I say Ya'll come now ya hear. you can stop by my place if you have to potty that bad.
    Last edited by Staci G; 03-27-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Glad to see "good old red neck", "billy bob" mentality is alive and well "somewhere"!!!! and oh why not..."Bubba breath" as well....

Like they haven't got enough to do on "important" things!!!!
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

I wonder if "Pink Fog" is a legal defense?!
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

That's very interesting. So what they're saying is only post-op transsexuals are allowed in the gender correct restrooms?

I wonder who is doing the "inspections"
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    it may be time for us nc girls to contact our reps in the capital and show them how many of us there really are and how dangerous it would be for us to be in a MENS room in a DRESS with bubba. this is ridiculous in this day and age.
    when in doubt, dress

I'd like to see the state law from North Carolina that stipulates that.

Just make your stops at gay bars? ..that's half a joke.

I imagine this is the law everywhere isn't it? Frankly I don't want "bubba" putting on a dress and thinking that's an excuse for him to go into the ladies room at the mall or anywhere else you know? They have to draw the line somewhere, and if that line is at having a penis, so be it. From a philosophical point of view, my rights to use the facilities end where it infringes on someone else's rights, which would probably *wink* include the women in the restroom, regardless of how comfortable or confident *I* am.

Now there is a state job that keeps on p@#ing. Now I am sure there will be those who would like that gig but really people, when is society going to ever grow up.

Teri

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Now that is dangerous! So what NC is saying is that if you get beat up in the mens room while dressed you deserve it! So what is the law for F2M's if it is the same the women of NC will be mad when they see a pre-op male in the ladies room!

It is obvious that post-ops are protected unless they define a women and a male as a person having all the birth equiptment! I guess they will install body scanners in the ladies room!

My resolve is the following.. If you have the money get yourself a nice vstring and if they ask just show them!

I guess it's time for a rally in NC!

Quote Originally Posted by cdsara88 View Post
    I imagine this is the law everywhere isn't it? Frankly I don't want "bubba" putting on a dress and thinking that's an excuse for him to go into the ladies room at the mall or anywhere else you know?
    its not really an issue of "bubba" putting on a dress and entering the womens rest room as much as its a sister being forced by the law to enter the mens room in a dress and having bubba think that its ok to beat the living crap out of"that queer" because "it just ain't right" or"its against gods will" that concerns me, If i am wearing a dress and I am presenting as a female on the outside then it would only make sense for me to enter the ladies room to relieve myself.

my thoughts exactly victoria, I am in the process of contacting the ACLU on this matter and possibly organizing a rally on our great state capital.
    Last edited by kym; 03-26-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: no need for all the quotes and no multiposting.
    when in doubt, dress

There are plenty of laws that exist, but aren't enforced.

But I did see a TV show where a woman was caught having sex in the mens restroom. Both parties were given a ticket for something along the lines of public indecency and the woman was given a ticket for being in the wrong restroom.

I think that laws like that are skewed to be used against trans people, but are actually meant to protect everyone. They are also meant to uphold decency, to keep someone from having sex in the restrooms and other purposes.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I wonder if they will cut us any slack for p**ing in a Gatoraide bottle next to the woman's restroom. Sorry that is not very lady like but its the best I could come up with.

I guess there will be no traveling to NC for Suzanne.

I wonder if they have ever stopped to think about the fact that they wouldn't have anything to put on their license plates if one of the Wright Brothers had been TG.
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-26-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: P word is not allowed
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle-Leigh View Post
    [SIZE="3"] the District Attorney's office regarding the legality of male-to-female crossdressers' use of women's restrooms. The information I received was very disquieting, as I confirmed that it is illegal for a person having male genitalia to enter a women's restroom in the state of North Carolina. .....[/SIZE]

well i would like to see the Prof in writing myself. North Carolina not the place to visit i'm sure there are many places like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think if there going to impose a law like that then there should also be a law forcing est. to have 3 restroom's one male,one female,and one unisex/handicap. I know at are 3 local casions that's how it is set up and i have seen a few girls use the third option that's just my
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

We'll have to start making our stops before and after NC
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
    I think if there going to impose a law like that then there should also be a law forcing est. to have 3 restroom's one male,one female,and one unisex/handicap. I know at are 3 local casions that's how it is set up and i have seen a few girls use the third option that's just my
    Amber, that is a well thought out solution that would work, now lets see if the lawmakers in this state would be willing to enact it.
    when in doubt, dress

I've been searching through North Carolina General Statutes and can find no mention of any law that even remotely is connected to the use of restrooms by anyone, much less transgendered people.

See for yourself.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...StatutesTOC.pl

That's not to say there IS no law. But, I still want to see some proof that there is a law forbidding men from using women's restrooms or vice versa (whatever definition of 'man' and 'woman' they want to use).

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    That's not to say there IS no law. But, I still want to see some proof that there is a law forbidding men from using women's restrooms or vice versa (whatever definition of 'man' and 'woman' they want to use).
    True. But it's also possible that an official would say 'bad idea' if there's no explicit law on the books saying it's okay. If only because there's no protection for one of us if someone else takes offense to us being in the bathroom of our presented gender.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    well i would like to see the Prof in writing myself. North Carolina not the place to visit i'm sure there are many places like that
    [SIZE="3"]As the info I got on this was verbal, I have contacted an attorney so that I get this double-verified and find out what penalties apply as well. When I do get further proof, I will share it with the forum.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We must be so much more relaxed on this side of the pond. Women (GG's) here will use the Mens room if the queue to the Ladies room is too long, usually at the track on big race days or at concert venues and usually only where alcohol is involved. It is almost an unwritten rule and no one bats an eyelid, in the mens room women line up for the stalls and the guy's line up for the urinal. I have never seen any misbehaviour and I guess there is safety in numbers for the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I've been searching through North Carolina General Statutes and can find no mention of any law that even remotely is connected to the use of restrooms by anyone, much less transgendered people.

See for yourself.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...StatutesTOC.pl

[SIZE="3"]I had also done the very same thing, Julie, with no results. But you cannot trust searches on the internet, with their historic unreliability. That is why I have contacted a lawyer for further verification of this. I feel sure that it is only a trifling obscure little law of which hardly anyone knows, and if it is, I will simply resume my use of those restrooms with my pepperspray close at hand and my feet and legs prepared to run at a moment's notice....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Being one who lives in NC I would really like to know if you all come up with anything in print. The law seems weird to me. How would they know? It's not like they have restroom law enforcement haha. I guess if somehow a woman found out and was offended and decided to report..

This is very interesting to know. As i travel through NC for vacay most of the time. I wonder now if my state has a similar law? I've always just used the women's room, and never had any backlash from it. Now i may have 2nd thoughts.

Smile

can anyone post up the state code showing what is said??

most states have indecency laws...but not gender use of bathroom laws.

just remember to not let the old biddy look through the crack in the door frame.