Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife asked

My wife asked

"what is your girl name again?"

As she was doing an internet search for something (doesn't matter here) How many of your wives know you have a girl name (if you do) and how many call you by that name?

my wife has no idea I have a girl name and no one calls me by it except here

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    the only time my wife calls me by my boy name is when she is mad at me, which is hardly ever.
    when in doubt, dress

My SO, I refer to her as SO since we are not yet married, calls me by my fem name whenever "she" is present which is nearly all the time except when her kids are around since not all of them know Laura.

Maybe

Mina is a new name for me. I didn't like the old one I used 7+ years ago before my break from CDing. She never called me by my old name, and I'm sure she wouldn't call me by my new one. Don't ask, don't tell you know...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

My wife know my fem name,but since nearly calling me by it out loud at my mother's house while we were tickling each other "we get goofy at times " she has refrained from calling me amber unless im dressed
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Christie Ann my wife referes to me as Roberta when dressed, once in awhile she slips with Bob. doesent matter as long as she doesent call me "late for dinner" luv Roberta

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife knows my femme name as we go out together as "two girls" but the most amazing thing to me is she never accidentally calls me anything other than "Rachel" or "she" when I'm dressed. Also, whenever she introduces me to someone when I'm dressed she always says: "this is my spouse Rachel" ... never her "husband". I really like that In fact just lately, even when I'm in boy mode at home and it's just the two of us, she's started calling me "Rach"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

She knows but never calls me by it.
    Angie

Years ago when I confessed to my wife about my dressing and she calmed down several days later, she asked (among other questions) if I had a femme name. I told her that I did and she would find it out when she was introduced to me (when all femmed up).

So, she still doesn't know my name since she has never seen me dressed.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

first thing

When my wife and I discovered my femme self, it was my wife who immediately understood that a femme name was necessary to identify not only the feminine person, but the actions that part of me might take. Thus, my femme self is always Tina, but not only that, when I am in drab, she and I will refer to something Tina would do, or Tina would say, or how Tina would respond in a situation.

Thus, it's not just when I've transformed physically to Tina that my wife will use her name, but we both use her name as a metaphore from all facets of my femme self.

Now that I think about it, that's all pretty amazing!

tina

P.S. that necklace in my avatar was my wife's idea in the first year after we discovered Tina. Also, naming Tina was a joint effort, mutually agreed.
    Last edited by suchacutie; 03-31-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: more thoughts

Aspiring Member

Never

My Sweetie knows about and accepts my CDing, But she absolutely refuses to call me Danielle. When I remind her, she just smiles and says "Oh Yeah"

She does call me Dani when i'm dressed, or is she calling me my male name (Danny).......Now i'm confused

When my wife and I go through catalogues and she spots something she knows I'd like she'll say, "Here's something Jennifer would like". And I always get birthday cards or Valentine cards addressed to Jennifer. I like it.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Aspiring Member
    I don't have one at all. Forum name was just because it's what everyone else was doing.

I'm scared to ask my mother what she would have called me if I'd been born a girl, for fear of opening up cans of worms way too early And I don't feel like a Christina.

I have a feeling my wife wouldn't take to it. She will occasionally say "si senor" if I ask if she wants something, whether dressed or not and it's starting to get to me

M<y wife knows my name here, knows I visit this site and talk to others, but rarely calls me Alice.

Now that you mention it, never. she will talk about Tina in the third person, but never in the first person. She addresses cards and packages to Tina, but I don't think she is comfortable with the name change, when dealing one on one. But since she is so supportive of me, I can live without being called by my chosen name.
    She buys most of my clothes, and make up, always makes suggestions that I should put on something "comfortable" and she complements me on how I look when dressed. And if she doesn't see the old man for a week or two, she never complains, so she can call me whatever she is comfortable with, and I promise I won't complain.
    Tina B.

Like many of you, my wife knows all about Renee. She is at a point right now where she doesnt really want to be around when I am dressed, but encourages me and supports me to be Renee when I am alone. She has called me Renee when she was around me dressed and now refers to things about Renee such as, "what did Renee wear today", or when out shopping will say "that outfit or heels would look nice on Renee". She is a Mary Kay Sales Director and I am her office manager so we will talk about makeup ideas and tips for Renee all of the time. I am sooo lucky.

Mine knows it, but doesn't call me by it & I don't see her ever doing it.
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 04-02-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: where'd I learn to spell?? LOL

My wife knows, and has used it a few times, but has since decided she can't anymore.

No problem, I never asked her to use it or fem pronouns.
    DonnaT

My wife gave me my name, and she uses it every day.

Sure my wife knows all about my Kimberly name. Call me by it though? You must be kidding . . .

My wife knows my name,we decided on it together, she calls me by it sometimes.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yeah my wife knows my Girlie name,and has more chance to call me it than my other name.She knew it before she knew my Guy name,as we met online.She thought I needed a middle name too,and picked one for me.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have a few GG's that call me by this name and one auctioneer that calls me miss America
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Banned Read only
    My wife named me so, yeah, she knows. lol