Thread: Small world

Small world

Hi girls,

It was such a beautiful day Friday that I decided to make it a Steffie day and went out shopping to the Asheville mall. I went to various stores, tried on lots of clothes (was allowed to use the dressing room in all stores), got some great things (clothes, shoes) and had dinner in the early evening.

Before going home, though I stopped at a Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for home (about 10 PM). As I was walking down one of the isles, a man was looking at me. The way he was looking I was fearing that maybe he was someone who may have known me as my male self and was trying to place me. (YIKES!) My heart started beating a mile a minute (I'm not out to anyone). When he started taking, he asked me if I were ever at the Southern Comfort Conference (which is for TG girls in Atlanta). Then I realized "he" was a "she" and was really a TG girl like me but she was dressed en-drab. Her femme name was Jessica. I told Jessica that I was never at that conference. She confused me with someone else I guess. In fact, since I have moved down here, I had not yet met any TG girls. She said there are a lot of TG girls here near Asheville (she knew of one that moved from NJ like me even!) and would let me know about the various meetings/activities pertaining to them.

So it turned out to be a great day! I finally met a TG girl in Carolina!

You want to know the final ironic thing? After I was done shopping and went to my car, who do you think was parked next to me? Yes it was the TG girl Jessica! Small world, huh? lol

Below are pics.

Steffie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

That's so cool. Glad you had a great day.
    hEll

Sounds like a wonderful day. And it's always nice meeting new sisters in a new area. Glad things worked out so well for you.

Jasmine

Very cool! I haven't seen any other crossdressers in public in a long time. It's nice that he talked to you, and you were comfortable with it. I think I would also be comfortable being approached like that while out in public.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    That's a pretty cool story! IMHO asking if you had ever been to the SCC is a nice non-intrusive way to "break the ice" and let you know that they're TG or that they are part of our community.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Asheville

I live near Asheville and would LOVE to know about others in the area. I'm not at all far along - don't have a full outfit or go out, but would love to be helped down the road.

Freddy

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Clearly you two were meant to meet, Steffie! Isn't it a great feeling to meet another sister in person? It makes the whole "I'm not alone" thing all the more real, doesn't it?

-Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Great story and pics Steffie. ow you have someone to go clubing with in Carolina.
    Angie

I go shopping en femme with my wife in Asheville every once in a while. If I see you out I'll be sure to say, "Hey"!

Steffie -- Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Now, we know what to say when we see a sister out and about.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Steffie,

Nice story. I know that soon you won't want to go shopping dressed any other way.

I live in Greenville SC just an hour away. Maybe we could meet up sometime.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I agree with the small world! I have seen a few of us while out and about but each one of us just looked and kept going. However that was a great opening to break the ice

Hi Steffie!

Quote Originally Posted by steffie39 View Post
    Hi girls,

It was such a beautiful day Friday that I decided to make it a Steffie day and went out shopping to the Asheville mall. I went to various stores, tried on lots of clothes (was allowed to use the dressing room in all stores), got some great things (clothes, shoes) and had dinner in the early evening.

Before going home, though I stopped at a Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for home (about 10 PM). As I was walking down one of the isles, a man was looking at me. The way he was looking I was fearing that maybe he was someone who may have known me as my male self and was trying to place me. (YIKES!) My heart started beating a mile a minute (I'm not out to anyone). When he started taking, he asked me if I were ever at the Southern Comfort Conference (which is for TG girls in Atlanta). Then I realized "he" was a "she" and was really a TG girl like me but she was dressed en-drab. Her femme name was Jessica. I told Jessica that I was never at that conference. She confused me with someone else I guess. In fact, since I have moved down here, I had not yet met any TG girls. She said there are a lot of TG girls here near Asheville (she knew of one that moved from NJ like me even!) and would let me know about the various meetings/activities pertaining to them.

So it turned out to be a great day! I finally met a TG girl in Carolina!

You want to know the final ironic thing? After I was done shopping and went to my car, who do you think was parked next to me? Yes it was the TG girl Jessica! Small world, huh? lol

Below are pics.

Steffie
    Well hello there, saw this post and realized I'd been slack in not joining the site! Thanks for the kind words Steffie, and it was great meeting you at Wally World the other night. (I knew there was a reason my "T" sense was tingling when I started to walk into the store...)

Thanks for posting this and looking forward to getting together sometime!
    Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased. - Spider Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy12 View Post
    I live near Asheville and would LOVE to know about others in the area. I'm not at all far along - don't have a full outfit or go out, but would love to be helped down the road.

Freddy
    Hi Freddy:

Drop me a note, I'll send you a link to our local support group webpage! If it's ok with the moderators, I'll post it here as well.

Jessica
    Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased. - Spider Robinson

Small world, indeed, huh?! Cool story, sounds like you had a good time and that's what matters!!!

Wow, i've lived in asheville for years, doing most of my shopping in drag, and nobody's ever stopped me in wally-world for a quick chat.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Small world indeed steffi,sounds like you have made a great friend.I have just recently found out there is another TG stays in same block of flats as me,but as I dont know her circumstances I dont think i would say anyting to her,but its nice to know your not the only one
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Asheville is really a jewel of a city....great place to be en femme