Thread: Interesting Poll

Interesting Poll

I subscribe to several polling services. One of them (IPSOS) has a "poll predictor" game which poses a question they placed to 1000 people and you need to guess the results. I just had one where the question was placed to American Men only.. The question was "Would you swap bodies with someone of the opposite sex for one day?" The result was 39% said yes they would. I started wondering how many of those answered yes based on curiosity or if there was more to it?
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I might do it if I had a guarantee that it was for one day only!! I do not have any desire to really become a woman, but would give it a try for one day!

My desire is to wear feminine clothing most of the time, but I don't look very feminine without a lot of work!! And I don't care, as long as I am wearing pretty feminine things!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I'm surprised it's that low, then again I've always thought we were much more curious and bolder than the average guy, which is what got us into this!

I'm shocked that that was all that said yes. Ask that question here and get a 90% yes. I would have guessed 65% had I been asked the question.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Where do I sign up?

I am surprised that the number is less than 50%. I thought for sure it would be higher.

For me I would sign up in a heart beat.

Amanda
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Of course we are assuming their answers were truthful.maybe a few fibs being
    told there
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I belong to IPSOS too, and several others aswell. I answered that poll, so I am 1 of the 39%.lol
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

As Sophie said, we can't be sure all respondents were answering honestly.
    I think if people were honest, the figure would be somewhere about 100%. People are just naturally curious.
    But they are also scared what other people might think of them.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I believe the number is low because of the macho facade most men feel obligated to present. I'm wondering if the respondents answered anonymously ? To get the numbers up I will volunteer about a dozen times, where and when can we sign up ?
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I am not surprised it's that low but I agree I bet a lot of the people didn't answer honestly for fears of doing so, even though it was only a poll.

The more I learn about this side of us, the more I get the feeling there are a whole lot more of us out there then anyone realizes. People like us get such negative attention because of the scripted society we live in thus I think the there are far more of us in hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I might do it if I had a guarantee that it was for one day only!!
    If I had a guarantee it was for a week, a month, or two months...then yeah

One day seems sooooooo short.