Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthdays??

Birthdays??

My SO has a birthday in a couple weeks. Naturally, I have something planned for him, but I didn't know if I should also get Nancy a card and a little something. I recently became aware of his crossdressing so I am still learning the ropes. I bought some panties, make-up and ear-rings for her (Nancy) for Valentines Day, but are birthdays different? I would love any advice and maybe a little guidance as to a special gift that would thrill her/him.
    Thanks... I've only been on this site for few days and already feel at ease.

You know your girl better than the rest of us, but perhaps a nice necklace, or her favorite perfume, some flowers, .......... you could of course ask her to give you some ideas as to what you could get her for her birthday, if she suggests two or three (or more) then you could choose from them, that way you will be giving her something she would really like, and in the style she would prefer(if clothing or accessories)
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Hi, ILN! (Sorry, I don't know your actual name)

A little bit of a late welcome to the group! Speaking from experience, I can tell you that your open and welcoming attitude will do wonders for your relationship. My spouse accepts me, and after a lot of years, is still the center and the joy of my life.

As Sheila wrote, you are, of course, the one who knows your own girl best, so you have to judge accordingly. But I can tell you that it means a great deal and is really special when my spouse remembers my birthday as well as "his."

Since she usually just gives "him" a card, a simple card to me is just fine as well. Of course, if "he" was to get some gift, well, I'd certainly want one too!

A few times, for my birthday or Valentine's Day, she's sent me flowers and, of course, I loved that!

The real thing that shows through is the love that you are giving her, and, as you know, that is what makes all the difference!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I think it is so sweet that you are loving enough to celebrate both the man and the woman within of your SO. Give him the birthday he deserves and if a nightgown or skirt are in the cards I'm sure it would be a most welcomed gift.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Hi, ILN! (Sorry, I don't know your actual name)

A little bit of a late welcome to the group! Speaking from experience, I can tell you that your open and welcoming attitude will do wonders for your relationship. My spouse accepts me, and after a lot of years, is still the center and the joy of my life.

As Sheila wrote, you are, of course, the one who knows your own girl best, so you have to judge accordingly. But I can tell you that it means a great deal and is really special when my spouse remembers my birthday as well as "his."

Since she usually just gives "him" a card, a simple card to me is just fine as well. Of course, if "he" was to get some gift, well, I'd certainly want one too!

A few times, for my birthday or Valentine's Day, she's sent me flowers and, of course, I loved that!

The real thing that shows through is the love that you are giving her, and, as you know, that is what makes all the difference!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    You and Sheila have me pointed in the right direction. Since I just found out about Nancy 6 months ago, I am still learning about her taste. I know my SO like a book and am able to pick out perfect gifts for him. I am used to buying for the men in my life, but now I have a different spin on things. I didn't know if the birthdays were celebrated the same day and if gifts were given too. -I love the idea of two cards and maybe perfume or flowers! I want things to be a surprise, so I turned to all of you! MANY THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by IloveNancy View Post
    I didn't know if the birthdays were celebrated the same day and if gifts were given too. -I love the idea of two cards and maybe perfume or flowers! I want things to be a surprise, so I turned to all of you! MANY THANKS
    You know, it's funny -- I'd always assumed that "he" and I were sort of like Siamese twins joined at the mind, and that we had the same Birthday, but, as time has gone by, I've come to realize that "he" just seems older than I am! So while we still share the same month and day, I'm now 10 years younger!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

With my b-day coming up i actually asked my so for something very different "thou this wont be for everyone" I asked to be taken out as amber A girly gift is wonderful to receive,for Christmas i was given makeup and a nightgown Im sure anything you get for your so he/she is gonna love it. good luck, Amber
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    If it were me, I'd be happy with any gift for her!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Welcome to the site.I think Its fantastic that you have accepted Nancy into your life,I think a nice card and a special gift,jewellery or perfume perhaps would make it really special for
    her,I know the first birthday I had was very special,I recieved nice lingerie and jewellery,we also got engaged the same day,and exchanged girls rings.Just watch the reaction when you give her a female gift.will leave her on cloud nine
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just a idea, if he is comfortable with shareing his c/d ing with you get something you would like to recieve yourself.
    Cathy

I always get girl-to-girl birthday cards from my wife and have kept every one of them because they mean so much more than cards from anyone else. I think your SO would love one too.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    You know, it's funny -- I'd always assumed that "he" and I were sort of like Siamese twins joined at the mind, and that we had the same Birthday, but, as time has gone by, I've come to realize that "he" just seems older than I am! So while we still share the same month and day, I'm now 10 years younger!
    I never thought about the age difference until I married 55 years ago. My dear late wife asked me how old Stephanie was, and I just blurted out that she was 15 years younger! That stuck and my dear wife always gave Stephanie presents for birthdays, Valentines, Christmas, or whatever.

Since you say you love Nancy, show her that you do by giving her gifts designed for a girl! My late wife and I had almost 50 years together before cancer took her. And she knew and accepted that I was a CD before we married! Stephanie and her had much fun together, and so can you!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    For me it was just haveing the acceptance that was the best gift i could get. However Rememeber Victora secreate is a grown up chucky cheese!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Welcome, ILN. You are a special person to be accepting and supportive of your SO. There are many of you on this forum, and from reading hundreds of posts, any time is a good time for kindness and love towards each other. I would not hesitate to buy Nancy something special for a B'day gift.

Gold Member
    ILN:
    Welcome to the Forum;
    As for a gift Idea, Why not put a gift card from Victoria's Secret
    in the birthday card for Nancy. Rader

Oh Hon, Anyway you can show your partner how much you love them is a good thing.
    If he is like me, your love, caring, and acceptance means so much.

I think the Victoria Secret card is a great idea, only to be out done by you joining on the shopping spree.

Have fun.

ILN, welcome among us! Since this is Nancy's first birthday since you learned about her, make it special. And that is easy to do.
    The first time I got a card for Tina, that said I love YOU, that was big.
    The first time A florist delivered flowers to me, wow, that was really big.
    A shopping trip, just for things for Nancy is always fun! A cake that says Happy Birthday, Tina, would make me cry, and it is a form of validation that Nancy might love also.
    Just the fact that you show her that she is just as special to you as he is, how could he not be thrilled, and love you even more than I sure he does now. All most of us want is to just be loved for who we are, all of who we are!
    Tina B.

she is lucky to have a wonderful woman like you by her side.wish my wife was as cool.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Definitely... a little something in the lingerie department would never go amiss!

Welcome to the forum btw

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it is literally the thought that counts.

Acknowledging that there is a "her" to be thought about and that you are thinking about her has to be a thrill in and of itself, but your question is about the "birthday".

For me it's a bit different in that Tina's existence is less than 5 years, and her birthday is the day we discovered her (a date in August), so I wouldn't expect my wife would link my male birthday with Tina. If your SO has had a femme self forever, then the birthdate might be completely appropriate.

No matter what you do, every time you acknowledge that Nancy is a part of your SO, you will, without a doubt, send chills through her system, and I'm sure that your thoughtfulness will be appreciated and repaid in many ways.

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you know that many members here look upon your thoughtfulness with incredible envy. Your SO is a lucky guy/girl!

Tina

I have two birthdays, my S/o buys me male things for the one, and female things for the other, usually to about the same value.... and it means the world to me

Birthdays are not different. My SO (GG) usually gives me lingerie. Can't go wrong with it. Just for the heck of it, add a rose.

I don't have a different birthday for Hannah, but what's really going to be the best for Nancy is having your love and acceptance. Of course, clothes, lingerie, shoes, are all great gifts for a CD haha
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    ILN, welcome among us! Since this is Nancy's first birthday since you learned about her, make it special. And that is easy to do.
    The first time I got a card for Tina, that said I love YOU, that was big.
    The first time A florist delivered flowers to me, wow, that was really big.
    A shopping trip, just for things for Nancy is always fun! A cake that says Happy Birthday, Tina, would make me cry, and it is a form of validation that Nancy might love also.
    Just the fact that you show her that she is just as special to you as he is, how could he not be thrilled, and love you even more than I sure he does now. All most of us want is to just be loved for who we are, all of who we are!
    Tina B.
    Can't put it any better than that, except maybe to also add this.......

I hope you realize how wonderful you are. Bless you, mj (Cassie)

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Easy Choice, get "her" what you would like to get, not a vacuum cleaner, mop or toaster. But jewelry, something that would make "her" feel sexy, or a special night on the town, then treat "her" like you best girl friend. Thanks for being so supportive, I'm sure he knows how lucky he is.

Happy Birthday to the lucky girl in your life. Tanya

PS I didn't want "her" to get mixed up with you, thats while the "" .