Thread: Where to go and make up!

South Wales UK, the land of sheep worriers

Where to go and make up!

After years of dressing purely alone and without trying to pass I really want to be able to dress, go for a drive and possibly a walk somewhere. The trouble is although I could slip away from work for a few hours during the day I have nowhere to dress, practice make up and use as somewhere to return to when I need to change back. I guess I could use a hotel room but then I am not that confident about make up, would like someone to advise me on clothes etc and just generally support me. After all these years alone I feel I am struggling to make a leap into a new area for me, public dressing!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Come on Girls!!!
    I know there are a few of you in South Wales!!!
    There has to be a 'T' friendly place somewhere up there!!!
    Someone needs to give Sarah an idea of where to go and who to talk to!!!
    Huggs,
    Lisa ELizabeth (Midwestern colonist!!)

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Try and find/befriend some other CD's in your area, maybe one of them has a house where you can change. Here in the USA there is a group called "Tri-Ess", maybe there is a similar group there ?
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Don't worry about how you will look if you decide on a hotel. It's all about how you feel. Hopefully a few Welch girls will see you post and get together with you.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I do hope so! Trouble is I think the UK is less understanding of such things and many more of us are in the closet! Many of the girls on here have too much to lose by getting involved beyond the online world, and therefore remain firmly isolated from the rest of us! I myself cannot entertain any one at home, or even dress at home, so I can't even offer to help others beyond sharing a hotel room for a day as a base or as a convenient meeting point.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

You may have a make-up store to do the transformation. Here in Detroit I have a Merle Norman, or Seporia. They both do make-up applications. I show up underdressed, in girl jeans, and a sweater. Wig, forms, dress in a shopping bag. Quick change in the ladies room. Then I am off for a few hours. I don't get out that. A few times each year. The make-up would go bad, and they have better results. I make an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    You may have a make-up store to do the transformation. Here in Detroit I have a Merle Norman, or Seporia. They both do make-up applications. I show up underdressed, in girl jeans, and a sweater. Wig, forms, dress in a shopping bag. Quick change in the ladies room. Then I am off for a few hours. I don't get out that. A few times each year. The make-up would go bad, and they have better results. I make an appointment.
    I have considered that, but don't know how T-friendly our large stores are, and would want to do the make-up in private, whereas some do it on the shop floor! Guess I might have to make a few enquiries!

Sounds liked it is time to buy a minivan...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Hi Sarah having read your post I had a wee look and found a website for the-Unique Transgender Network,Its a meeting place for all TG and it is situated in Llandudno,meetings are held every third Thursday of each month,The website does have a lot of Info,where you can contact them etc,hope this is of help to you.I realise your in South Wales but they may even know of a group closer.There is more Tolerance in the UK,now than even 5 years ago so I hope you can find friends and develop your girlie side

Sophie xxx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I can relate to your problems also.If you find a place you would like to go for makeup or shopping call them and explain,You would be suprised at how friendly people can be.Just listen to how they reply and you can tell if they want your business or not .Here in the south the ones I like will say something like "You come on in Honey and we will fix you right up"That's the kind of place for me. With the economy the way it is here repeat customers are what they and us girls need. So call And Welcome.Everyone here is so helpful.

I suggest you look up the Gloscats on the web I'm sure you'll find everything you need, they were recently suggested to me and whilst I've not met any of the other girls yet they seem a very lively mixture of girls and various events not too far from you!
    Your not alone !

Sarah, just some general advice. Practice first, go out later. Don't try to do both at the same time, unless you go to a TG-friendly place.

My two cents.

for the lolngest time i would do all my dressing,and makeup in my car.parked way out in a parking lot,i would bring a soaking wet towel to wipe off the makeup after i was done.it worked for me,and i never had any problems.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

[SIZE=4]At some point or another you will decide how serious you really are and takes steps to find adaquate professional help with your makeup. While we did not have our girl friend peers criticising our makeup applications like GG did, we can avail ourselves of the pros advice and go from there. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It is really surprising how many hours of trial and error can be cut out of the equation by learning first. [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

What I did was go online and find out bars that were transgendered. I actually went to a TG bar in heels, stockings and a blouse without makeup or wig. The girls there took care of me. I think they even felt sorry for me! Told me where to get a wig, get books on makeup, where to buy makeup ...etc. I also made several friends.
    Charlie