Thread: Temporary work en femme

Temporary work en femme

I saw that Tamara worked at a cosmetic department/counter over the Christmas holidays. I was wondering if others have had successful temporary work experiences--en femme.
    If so, how did you arrange for it? how long did it last? What were your impressions and insights from doing it?
    I would like to do it, but I wouldn't be able to do it at a cosmetics counter. But I could do secretarial work.
    warmly, Linnea

Temporary work en femme

i haven't been able to work as jenna yet but still looking for something i can do dressed,

closest I've come to that is for two halloweens I dressed as a female nurse ( I am really an RN) and worked my regular 8 hour shift with the nails makeup and wig and the next year dressed as our unit social worker with 4 inch heels and black pantyhose and very short stretch denim miniskirt and I loved every minute of those days and do so wish I could do that all he time but I think my other staff would be too envious of my legs and silicone breastforms - Ellen

That's funny, Ellen. Good for you for dressing en femme at your regular place of work.
    warmly, Linnea

I worked a temp job en femme, Linnea, and also went to college en femme for a couple of semesters.

Many years ago I applied to a temp agency and, after completing a typing test, was sent to fill in for a few days as a secretary in the engineering department of a large company.

I was awkward and shy, but had a great time there for about 10 days. After that, the temp agency kept calling me because the customer wanted me back!

But I hadn't had laser treatment yet, they hadn't invented the Gillette Fusion razor yet, and my face was so torn up from shaving that I just couldn't keep it up. Besides, my two week vacation was over and I had to go back to the "real world!"

A few years later two GG friends and I took a couple of semesters of classes at the local community college. That was great!

I'm sure that more than a few people "read" me there because I did speak up in class with a terrible voice, but I encountered no hostility, learned a great deal, made some friends, and had a lot of fun. And, for the first time in my life, I had a straight A average!

I would have loved to have completed an AA degree, but both of my friends decided to quit. A year or so later I would have gone back, but by then some of my son's friends were at the school and I didn't want to run into them.

Still, I dream of either waiting 'til the kids I know have moved beyond that school (which could take a number of years as we have lots of friends with kids young enough to keep the school supplied for quite a while) or going to another community college further away. I'd *L*O*V*E* to have a degree in my femme name!

If you'd like more details on these adventures, let me know.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Beside my regular work I do freelancing (via Internet), so there is my chance

I know it's far from same as working in 'the real world', but as I haven't even gone out dressed I think this can count, for me at least.
    The Feminine Side of Me - Journey into the realm of crossdressing from my point of view.

[SIZE=4]I do have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my times serving customers from the cosmetics and frangrances counter, it turned out to be just work. After 10 hours of standing in heels behind a counter waiting for the next customer, it felt just like any other mind-numbing job. I did get to totally show off and appear daily as a fashion-conscious woman. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Would I do it again? Absolutely!!![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Gold Member
    As a retired Carpenter; Could you picture someone trying to sheet a roof in a Minnnie skirt? Now that would stop all Traffic for miles around. LOL Rader

Oh my!...Make up counter babe ...thats my dream job...at least part time would be great...Cause standing 8 hours in heels for more that a few days a week might be a bit much for me too ...But never the less i am still gonna go for it. Planning on gearing up and start hitting the local stores to apply....one quick question i got though ...Do you have to have any cosmotology or any special training to that kind of work...Would be kinda nice to know that before i make a total butt of myself....

I have in fact been hired by the census and will be training the last week of this month. We all know about the fact the feds cant discriminate but whether or not I should try it en femme is quite another thing altogether.

Imagine visiting stranger's (en femme) homes and asking some rather personal questions. Would anyone here do such a thing?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Since I took a buyout from my employer last year I have basicaly avoided work. I had a friend who wns a small shop that does what I specialized in at my previous employer. He knows all about Karen and came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would help him out as he is buried with work. I told him Karen would be happy to come in and help. He smilked and said he figured as much so I go in everyday in a skirt and heels. Somedays when I am out in the shop I change into jeans and tennis shoes but I am having the time of my life as only he and his bookkeeper know, fun being somewhere where they only know you as Karen.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

You've got my dream job, Karen (at least in general, since I don't know your specialty). The cosmetics department wouldn't work for me, but I know that Tamara really has the expertise there, and I think that you could probably work your way into it with the sound of your motivation, Joann.
    I was thinking about applying for a census job, but I'm too busy with my full-time work right now. However, if I could, I would give it a shot en femme, Celeste. And Erica, I think that working at home counts.
    I'm encouraged to read your responses. I think that I'm going to save some vacation and give it a try this summer. Who knows!
    Thank you all.
    warmly, Linnea

Now you've got me dreaming
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Me too, Sherri!
    warmly, Linnea

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Work dressing

[SIZE=4]With my female ID I have been hired twice temp by the census bureau as a gg and also by my permanent present employer.

What is missing to me is that I do have to wear the dress code at work, black bottom white top, and would love a job where I could wear different clothes each day.

I do change it up with black dresses and various white tops over it, black skirts with patterns of white in them and a white dress with white patterns, white top over. also black patterned or plain capris. So I do get to wear different things but not as much as I would like. I was called at home by a person in the admin telling me dress was too short, (above my knee). I just got a new employee manual and it said skirts could be FOUR INCHES above the knee, so she was wrong. However, that is more daring than I am comfortable with.

I was wearing that black dress with a black lace bottom slip under it to lengthen it except for that one day.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I found that Temp Agencies are Great, I worked for a temp agency and told them that I prefer positions like a secretary position or a warehouse clerk or dispatcher that I could do it. I explained that I was becoming a woman and needed to work and function as a female worker. The main thing was feminizing my voice which is a biggy. I did land a job as a Dispatcher / Clerk for three months as the Girl was on Maternity leave. I told there H.R. that I was becoming a woman and that I would work with no issues as far as a male utilizing a male bathroom (but that never happen as the woman I worked with had no issues about me utilizing theres.) I found that beng upfront was the right thing and when I left, they were kind enough to say if they needed me again would I be available. The funniest was when I use to have to work outfront as a receptionist I had looked like an average middle age woman, but sounded like a young woman. I made a lot of New Girlfriends there. Some of the men were acting like little boys in the beginning but after a while respected me and it was even funny that a couple of the wifes who I met invited me to their houses to have dinner with there husbands and them. Great experience and a Great Feeling to be accepted for who I was. Joann0830

When I was younger and had a paper round I often delivered it en femme. Im not really sure how passable I was but some people believed it. I always wore a black dress/skirt with black tights and heels. One day while in drab an old bloke actually asked me where the girl was lol.

Hi.
    I see another chippy here . builder .

well now as to wearing high heels & a skirt on the job as said no way . as i did a lot of roofs ,
    i dressed in female most of the time just shorts & tank tops & boots or shoes . still had my earings in & most people knew any way at that time i had not had my ops & even after i still worked dressed . so no probs .

while in oz e i helped a friend out & did selling of plants to people who i had never met . i just went up to people & said hi can i help you & we got talking, my friend & i made sales of about $ 1000 s .on the day so i must have had some thing right .
    just stepping in to some one elses shoes & taking over . its your manner attatude & demeaner & how you relate to people . & my pic is how they saw me then . so think if its only based on your looks then i would fail .

I deal with many people, & if you like a people mover .
    people in the main look past the oh not sure what we have here ,
    its you break the ice, go up & start the converstion then you have the upper hand . work with people & youll soon figger it out .

oh allmost for got, voice . okay i get by & no one ever takes me up on it , so may be its okay . get in front of a few 100 people & talk . & then some of them come up to you & talk like theres nothing wrong while you may think there is or may be my voice comes over as a older woman of 62 , may be i get away with it ,

...noeleena...

Thank you all for sharing some wonderful and encouraging experiences. I'm going to pursue this in the near future; it's good to know that others have had successes.
    warmly, Linnea