Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has she gone?

Has she gone?

Has she gone?
    The last time I "dressed" was New Years Eve, since then nothing. Everything is stored in bags and boxes, just in case she comes back, but for the last few months there has been no desire to be Debs.

The question is do I keep everything on the off chance that my dressing will return, or do I just get rid of it all and leave this part of me behind?

What do you think?......Gone for good or lurking in my subconcious waiting to come back at some time in the future?

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    What's the harm in keeping everything around? If it's not a problem, just hang on to it.

Of course you know what will happen as soon as you get rid of everything. $$$$

I think you've had so much going on in your life lately, you've been so unsettled, it's probably been the last thing on your mind. So... I would say no... she'll be back
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Keep it all for awhile. I'm sure Sheila won't mind, and if you get the urge it won't cost you a fortune to replace your purge.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Short answer-NO. We are who we are.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Four months is a pretty good stretch to go without dressing. I personally think I would explode if I didn’t dress for that long. But each individual is different and dealt a different genetic hand. For me the frequency and desire to dress fluctuates rather mildly most of the time. However I’ve had strong peaks and valleys thru the years. I’ve gone a few weeks with absolutely no desire or urge to dress whatsoever. So I can see how an extended period of time without dressing could happen for someone. I’d say you’re in a valley right now and it just happens to be rather large. The mountains are in the distant and eventually you’ll run into them and ascend up to the top. With that said I’d just pack up your investment and unpack it later when the mood strikes. And if I were a betting man/woman I’d bet that your time will inevitably come again.

Quote Originally Posted by lacie View Post
    Four months is a pretty good stretch to go without dressing.
    Before it came back last time, it was gone for 28 years [It dissapeared when I was 17 and didn't return again until I was 45] so you can understand how I feel it could just dissapear again. It did before, will it again?

I'd say keep the stuff, just in case. I don't believe it ever truly goes away....

I find for me if I'm stressed or have a lot of different things going on in my life the desire does drop off, but the longer I go without the harder it hits me when it does return..

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    It cycles back, I think I took a 3 month break! But Ill never think of throwing my stuff away, I work hard to buy them!

I stopped when I told my friends and family about it, and after that I felt so relieved that I dint feel the need to dress! But its slowly coming back!

Aspiring Member
    Debs,

8,295 posts worth of Debs input says she will be back. Besides from 17-45 means shes only 28 years old...
    Dont toss it, Keep it

I would definitely keep everything as Deb will be back - Ellen

Debs,I agree with everybody else. I accept that for the time being your urge to dress is at low ebb. But it will come back sooner or later. Don't get rid of all those clothes,accessories,wigs,etc.! If for the time being you don't want to wear them,then let Sheila pick through the stuff. Debs, I think you're a heterosexual male to female crossdresser. I don't think you need hormones or transitioning. I don't think your gay or Transexual. I'm sorry. I shouldn't tell you your business. I've read at least one book and several clinical articles in college libraries which all say that crossdressing is somehow hormonal and neurological in nature and that it probably runs in families. Of all the things you could have been born with I think CD'ing is a blessing. But,Debs,if you just don't feel like dressing for now,that's cool. Please don't throw out your wardrobe. Lotsa expensive stuff. I hope we'll continue to see you in the posts and threads. When you and Sheila are away for a few days things are awfully quiet around here. Samantha

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    There may also be some additional comfort in just knowing your stuff is there if you ever need it - even if you never dress up again.

If you do get rid of it, you may feel a bit of anxiety about it being gone, or worrying about any desire to buy stuff again.

Definitely keep your clothes because the "urge" will return. I've has short breaks but others I know have gone longer and it ALWAYS returns. Its a part of who you are.

I think she is coming back and that you should get rid of everything. Just sent it to me and I will keep it in my closet. lol

She's gone, keep it and start using it.

Off chance?????

It is much more than an off chance. OH yeah Debs is coming back an she will do so with a vengance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Gold Member
    she will be back.

It comes and goes in strange cycles.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Believe me, it will come back. I went a whole semester without even getting near my stuff. I wasn't under any illusions that I was "cured". I knew it would come back sooner or later, and sure enough. After New Year's it came back with a vengeance. I went into a pink fog that lasted a week.

So, do yourself a favor and just keep your stuff.

I remember the olden days when I went long periods of time without crossdressing. Several times it was for 2-3 years with no desire. Eventually it did come back and I wish I had some of those clothes.

I would hang onto the clothes or at least most of the items even if it is years. After awhile if you restart you will need to shop again for some new clothes to make the trends. That would be fun, but at least keep enough to get you started again should you need to.
    Michelle

I think you know like all here that she come out again, she is a part of you and with all the upset that has happened in the past few months it is not surprising that she's not made an appearance.

One questions to you hun...do you want her back?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Some really good answers.
    I can kind of understand this confusion. The mere fact that you are still here on this site is an indicator that "she" has never left. I would agree that it is because of things going on in your life. Could be a relationship with a loved one, a job situation. depression, you name it. It's just something that has caused you to not want to dress and be feminine at this time.
    For me, I have not fully dressed in months, close to a year. I know why...(I think) I went through a breakup with my SO. She moved 1,200 miles away. Fortunately, we are now a couple again and our bond is stronger then ever. No, it had nothing at all to do with cross dressing. She knew from day one and not only accepts it, but actually enjoys that side of me. But what I realize is that when I am in a relationship, living with the one I love, my desire to dress is much stronger. When I am living alone and can dress anytime I want to, the need, drive, compulsion, or whatever it is that drives us, kind of has less appeal. The few times in my life when I was living alone repeats itself whenever I am not in a live in relationship, be it with a wife or SO. I do put on something feminine almost daily, but I have not taken the time to dress complete with wig, make up and other things to complete the transformation.
    So I'd just accept that you are not into it for now. But to throw away all your fem things most likely with just be an expensive regret at a later time.

Keep it, as you will need/want it again soon.

It will come back, and I think it will come back in spades when you lease expect it.

As others noted, there's no harm in keeping it. Getting rid of it all would be very, very expensive when Debs comes back.

You are who you are.

Platinum Member
    consensus - keep the stuff - the desire, need and motivation will return soon enough

Hello Deborah!
    I started dressing when I was 10 years old. It lasted until I was 15 and had my first girlfriend. Then in college it started again and I dressed for four years. I had a 12 year stop until I was 35 and I dressed for 2 years. Then I stopped until I was 58 and have been dressing for two years now. My take is for you to keep your stuff and you will probably be using it again in the future.
    Charlie