Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im Assuming These Aren’t For You

Junior Member Bikini Babe Claire's Avatar

Smile Im Assuming These Aren’t For You

So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when i took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said Im assuming these Aren’t for you, So I replyed in my calm'est voice Actualy they are. She looked so Shocked but she just kept scaning the items, Then just after I had payed for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now, I just smiled said thankyou when she handed me the bag and left.

It was one of the funniest moments of my life.

Why on earth would she assume such as that? I have never been asked that one I always get the "look" and sometimes get is this the right size for you? I always answer yes it is I do know my panty size thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Babe Claire View Post
    So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when i took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said Im assuming these Aren’t for you, So I replyed in my calm'est voice Actualy they are. She looked so Shocked but she just kept scaning the items, Then just after I had payed for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now, I just smiled said thankyou when she handed me the bag and left.

It was one of the funniest moments of my life.
    Why awkward? That is a very strange thing to say. Asking the question, I am assuming these aren't for you is another strange question.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    Why would a cashier give two poops who buys what for who (save for tobacco and alcohol)

I think it would be funny if there were like 10 CD's in line all buying femme things. And about that time that stupid song "Man, I feel like a woman" comes over the intercom.

Once in a blue moon, some cashier will make a comment. Once I was buying hosiery and some moron cashier was like, "buying pantyhose hmm?"

Now your job is to hit her line each time you buy something femme.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-19-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: not permitted http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    "You" have made her job awkward? Rather than she "feels awkward" ??

Since she is displacing the awkwardness onto you, my personal interpretation would be that she is uncomfortable in selling to cross-dressers, and now realizing that it could happen again, is trying to figure out how she is going to going to deal with her discomfort... try to get over it, ask to be reassigned, ask the store to change policy so she can refuse to sell to "perverts", quit rather than be forced to go against her beliefs... etc..

You didn't do anything to her except make real something she wasn't prepared to handle. Any awkwardness is her problem.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I would have replied "Oh ? No more awkward than it is for me !" And then would have flashed her a big smile.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If a sales attendeant says such things, don't even bother getting into a discussion.

or be like me, smile and say "Yeah, they are for me", is there a problem....why, you don't think this looks good on me?"

(usually a chuckle ensues)

I love humouring sales attendants and making things ambiguous as possible, and even flat out admitting the items are for myself. I keep things as humorous & light as possible, even though the SA knows what I'm up to......sarcasm is 90% truth. We all laugh. that's what makes shopping as a crossdresser fun.

Bottom line....control the conversation, without telling lies.

yeah i say things are for me now if ever there is a question,or comment.i absolutly love the reactions ive gotten.the other day in old navy i walked in asked an sa to help nme find some sweetheart jeans in size 16.she said am i sure thats her right size,and i said no they are for me.she diddnt miss a beat she said oh you will look good in them,and then she helped me find them.now when ever i go in and see her we just smile at one another with knowing smiles.i love the fact that she knows about me but doesnt care one bit.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Frankly, that's really bizarre. She obviously has issues she needs to work through, and one of them is how to be an effective SA.

tina

she probably awkwardly meant she felt awkward when she was just trying to make a silly joke. It gets boring scanning tags all day and sometimes it is just fun to joke with customers. She will be more cognizant now I am sure. Unless of course the tag was placed in such a manner that she had to stand on her head and twist around to actually scan it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

This sort of reminds me of the scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when they are in the bathroom doing acid and that guy walks in.

Raoul Duke is narrating:
    "With a bit of luck... his life was ruined forever...
    always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Now, every time a guy walks in to buy panties, she is going to they are for him.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Is it awkward for her when someone buys hot sauce and ice cream or a teddybear and a gun or when a women buys men's clothing?

I'm assuming this checker needs to get a different job because that one is a little too much of a challenge or maybe just too entertaining.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

the last time I was in Target I bought a box of wine and a 30 pack of disposable latex gloves, and the old man at the register was visibly uncomfortable when I checked out

...it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by az_newbie View Post
    the last time I was in Target I bought a box of wine and a 30 pack of disposable latex gloves, and the old man at the register was visibly uncomfortable when I checked out
    That reminds me of a game I used to play with friends (just talk about, never actually doing it): Come up with the list of any three items to buy at the grocery store that make the cashier do a double-take.

Something like plastic wrap, rubber gloves and chocolate syrup.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

good for you

laughter is so important in life

I was in the grocery store today buying some produce and picked up a copy of the May "Glamour" magazine (for the article referenced here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...86#post2115186) and the guy bagging my groceries took a LONG look at the magazine, took a LONG look at me, and said "OoooooooK." I thought about saying something to him, or the manager, but then I realized that he is a middle aged guy working as a bagger in a grocery store. No matter how you slice that, I win. Besides, he doesn't need any more grief in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    That reminds me of a game I used to play with friends (just talk about, never actually doing it): Come up with the list of any three items to buy at the grocery store that make the cashier do a double-take.

Something like plastic wrap, rubber gloves and chocolate syrup.
    Box of condoms, jar of petroleum jelly, and a pack of 9 volt batteries?

I fee like it needs a can of Pringles, or a box of breath mints - but I am not sure what to swap out.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

In situations like that you can bait them... say, 'oh? why do you hope that?' and let them run their mouth a bit. Then you can give them a lecture, but usually after hearing their own nonsense they then realize what they said is wrong. Sometimes if they are way off base, you can just say, 'I can see how someone in your situation might thing that...'. It is best not to say too much so you don't get in to an arguement.
    Chickie

To the people who are getting bent out of shape, ... I would just give the SA a break. I'm guessing she is a fairly young girl who doesn't have much life experience. She was probably just trying to make conversation, trying to be nice.

You handled it beautifully with your humor. Next time she sees people buying items that feels "out of character" to her, she will remember this little incident. I'm sure you've helped her expand her horizons a little bit.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Box of condoms, jar of petroleum jelly, and a pack of 9 volt batteries?

I fee like it needs a can of Pringles, or a box of breath mints - but I am not sure what to swap out.
    Roll of duct tape, package of clothes pins, and a jelly doughnut?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Im happy for you having the courage not to hide and tell her that what you were buying was yours. they want to be smart with you and make you feel. if they are asking this kinda of question they most likely know its for you, but because they are not too sure about the ethics of their own little secret they would try and make you feel uncomfortable. show them who you are. its time people get used to the fact that if you appear to be a dude that doesn't necessarily mean you are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Unless of course the tag was placed in such a manner that she had to stand on her head and twist around to actually scan it

Hilarious interpretation, cheered me up for the day.

i would have said.. your ackward.... you arent the ones stuck in the wrong body.... or you arent the one stuck with underware that is like sand paper against your junk..... so if ya want to talk ackward, i can do that...

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm with ReineD on this one, I think Claire handled it well and we shouldn't have a downer on someone we don't know just because she made a slightly gauche attempt at conversation.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-16-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: sp
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I Just went toi buy some things at Wallmart, and some Ligerie.... I bought a pair of bikinis at the hip with lace, a shiny black Foot less tights and a lace Footless tights also.

I didn't see any strange face of the cashier or the Bager, but if they care to ask or say some thing I will ask back: Do you think they will look good on me?
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    When I was in college back in the 70s my mum worked as a cashier in a drugstore. She came home one night and was all filled with this story about 'those 2 fags that came in today and bought Nair' (Nair is a hair removal creme for those not knowing)

Next day in biology lab, two guys I knew were prepping some hamsters and using Nair to remove the hair. I asked them about it, out of curiosity. Their response, "yeah, that b!tch in the store gave us a hard time. what the f-ck was her problem"

My mum hates CDers! But then I guess you could tell that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!