Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really have to lose some weight!

I really have to lose some weight!

I haven't dressed in about 1 year. I have avoided walking through women's clothing racks because I didn't want to miss being dressed. Plus my wife was always with me and she would complain. But tonight I had to go to mall without her and as I left the mall I looked at all of the cute springs fashions.

That's when it hit me. With all of the weight that I have put on in the last year I have no idea if I could squeeze into any of my old clothes. I sure know one thing. The clothes I saw tonight, I couldn't get my big toe into. Now that's depressing. All of those cute clothes and nothing to fit.

Must lose weight.
    Michelle

I need to lose 30-40lbs...would like to double those numbers one day
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Find low cal foods you love, go for a 1 mile walk a day, and lift weights for like 5 mins a day. I promise you'll see results. I have horrible genetics but I fight it all the time!
    You can do it!

I know how you feel. I bought a size 14 pretty dress about 2 years ago while at 18-20.I lost 40 lbs since and still have about 20 to go. I am in a 16 now.It takes time since it took awhile to put on that weight.I hope to wear the 14 this summer .

Well, if you are still navigating the "split up" catacombs, this might be "bright side"...if there is such a thing.

In my experience, when the legal and support money drain you down to standing around naked next to the "campfire" burning in that 55 gallon drum, you will lose weight...just by jumping up & down to stay warm!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weight control is a constant struggle, especially for women. But the end result is worth it -- I know, I went from a size 16-18 to a size 6-8!

My spouse and I, along with our son, joined Weight Watchers® a couple of years ago and that made all the difference! I lost about 40 pounds, my son lost 50 or so, and my spouse lost about 90!

I can't recommend that program enough! NO DIET -- instead, they taught us how to eat healthier food, how to control portions, and how to start a fitness program. The weekly meetings and their tracking method are the greatest elements in successful weight loss.

My spouse and I are both Lifetime members now, meaning that we can attend for free as long as we weigh in once a month and keep below our goal weight. But unless there are special circumstances, we're there every week. It makes a huge difference, not just in losing the weight, but in keeping it off.

If you want the best support and encouragement you can get, along with the best info on how to learn to eat healthy and to keep the weight off, go to one of their meetings and check them out.

If the leader doesn't motivate you, try another meeting with a different leader.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Oh! I hear you,Every Monday I promise its this time to shed the pounds,It never lasts,If all those lovely clothes this season don't get me off my butt,Nothing will
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Instead of avoiding your CDing, use it as a motivator to lose weight. Prioritize clothing over calories!

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    I can totally understand how you feel. But no worry. losing weight is easy. It only takes time. I lost 30-40 pounds, and 5-6 inch from waistline. Done in 3-4 months. It is possible.

Irene I think I need your secret! if it is because you are young and Vibrant with a great matabolism....then i am sh....t out of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Oh! I hear you,Every Monday I promise its this time to shed the pounds,It never lasts,If all those lovely clothes this season don't get me off my butt,Nothing will
    Sophie, I sympathise with you hun....every monday i look at the scale ewwww. by friday i am happy...lost 3 or 4 lbs....then monday comes...ewwww gained 3 or 4 lbs...

i think i lost about 100 lbs last yr....in 3 and 4 lb incraments...ohhhh i forgot to say i gained them too! in 3 and 4 lb incraments...
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Multi posting is not permitted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

With some work and determination you do it. Now you go girl.
    Angie

MM with summer coming on I guess we are all feeling a tad uncomfortable with our dress size. Losing weight isn't a big deal though. I have started to drink more water instead of tea and coffee all the time. I couldn't believe how quickly that bloated look from my face disappeared. I was delighted and it spurred me on to start exercising.
    I also bought a pair of jeans a size too small to encourage me to keep going. I'm getting there, its just will power and keeping focused on getting into those jeans.
    take care
    bev

Aspiring Member

Muffin Top

Michelle:
    I totally sympathize with you, my wife and I have lost 30-40 lbs in the last couple of years. She lost it all proportionally, but I still am basically thin all over except for my belly. I have rather prominent "Love handles" and seem powerless to lose them.

For health reasons I cant do most of the excerizes I know will cure this flaw. I can figure out what to do................Help!!!!

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    I think I will just have to have a reminder somewhere on my desk. Today is the day you lose one pound. That should be good for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Well, if you are still navigating the "split up" catacombs, this might be "bright side"...if there is such a thing.

In my experience, when the legal and support money drain you down to standing around naked next to the "campfire" burning in that 55 gallon drum, you will lose weight...just by jumping up & down to stay warm!

I hope that I don't get that bad off.

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    Instead of avoiding your CDing, use it as a motivator to lose weight. Prioritize clothing over calories!

Good luck!
    That's what I had done before and it worked for 47 pounds. Then my wife and I decided to give it one more try. Being a stress eater, I had lots of stress. So here came the 47 pounds again. In 20 days we will separate again for the last time. I can't wait to start calming down and get this weight off.

Besides I have a mountain to climb. I hiked on Pikes Peak last year trying to summit in one day. It is 26 miles round trip and 6800 feet elevation change. Last year the best I could do was 21 miles and about 4700 foot evevation change. That was the best exercise and I know that I have already started walking getting my endurance back up. Hopefully I can keep my weight going down through that process. I need to lose 10-15 pounds before I start going back up on the mountain.

Plus I have a bunch of clothes that I stored for a year which need to be worn. Then this fall hopefully I can have some real fun. SHOPPING!
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post

Good luck!
    I'm wth Gabi on this one. I just wished it motivated me all day, everyday, instead of just some of the times. Well at least I'm not gaining...Dee

I really have to lose some weight

I unserstand all to well, I am fighting the weight problem now, and hate it wen I can't fit into my preaty things,

Chunk a lunk

I quit smoking 12 months and two days ago. Since then I've gained 20 pounds.
    I knew I was going to gain weight when I quit, but thought it would be worth it. It was a difficult time, and to pamper myself, which I am way too good at doing, I said "I'll loose the weight later". Well, it's now later and time to get serious. The weight gain has helped in the breast department, but definitely not in the tummy department.

Several years ago I went through a successfull period of loosing weight.
    Here I go trying again.

Thanks for all of the sharing you do in this group. It is so nice to know I am not alone.
    LauraL

Oh yeah... Even though I am the lightest person amungst the wife, daughter and son.. I'm still obsessed with my weight... I need to loose 10 pounds to get back below 170 where all my size 10 dresses fit.. But I also love to eat so its a daily struggle. I picked up the book based on the recomendations of a lady friend on FaceBook... It "the belly fat cure" and it a great book.. Completely a different way of thinking about what you eat.. And it works. - lost 12 pounds in two weeks..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Low carb works

I lost 60 pounds (240 down to 180) in 9 months on the "carbohydrate addict's diet": i.e.
    1) eat absolutely anything you want for one meal every day, but you must finish the meal and quit eating within one hour;
    2) outside that hour, eat two good meals with less than 3 net carbs in each.
    3) no between-meal snacks, but of course drink plenty of water and as much black coffee & tea as you want.

After some initial adjustments; e.g., Atkins Shakes instead of yogurt for breakfast, I had little trouble with this. Got very rapid results in the first month, then lost a pound a week for half a year. Just ignored the cookies at the afternoon meetings. Eat all the meat and vegetables and salads you want, skip the BBQ sauce. Enjoy dining out with friends and business trips. Finishing dinner in an hour is easy in America, may not work so well for y'all Europeans.

It worked for my wife also. Having reached my goal weight, I slacked off, and gained 20 pounds over the next 3 years. Be aware that this can give some people trouble with blood sugar (i.e., diabetes) in the long run, although it was not a problem for me.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I'm fairly lucky. I'm just under 6 foot (I've always said I was 6 foot with a second pair of socks on), and currently weigh 157. I had gotten up to about 170 which 2 pounds short of the most I've weighed in my life. For me all I had to do was cut out soft drinks. I still have a little belly, but nothing a good foundation garment doesn't take care of.
    The only diet drink I ever have is water. Diet drinks actually increase my appetite and I don't like the taste of most of them either.
    I used to work at a desk in and office and had the same experience for weight loss. Now I work outside year round and am very active. Lugging around a Sthil 460 chain saw and associated safety gear gives you a good workout. All together the saw and gear weigh in at about 30 pounds.
    I really am a Lumberjack! I buy timber, cut the trees, sell the logs and sometimes cut them on my sawmill.
    Baling hay in 90 degree weather gives me a good workout too.
    I can always use help if anyone would like to get in on the exercise program.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    MM with summer coming on I guess we are all feeling a tad uncomfortable with our dress size. Losing weight isn't a big deal though. I have started to drink more water instead of tea and coffee all the time. I couldn't believe how quickly that bloated look from my face disappeared. I was delighted and it spurred me on to start exercising.
    I also bought a pair of jeans a size too small to encourage me to keep going. I'm getting there, its just will power and keeping focused on getting into those jeans.
    take care
    bev
    Bev, what happens when those jeans you bought become too BIG cause of solid wieght loss and you need a belt to wear them?

She is right, if you can cut out a lot of the junk food, within a week you will start to just feel better, bloated feeling will go away, and maybe drop a couple pounds right off the bat.

So now the weather has broke, it should be easy to get out there and be active. Winter is the nightmare for trying to drop weight butin this season, it is easier. Middle of April, so a good 5 months of decent weather yet to come.
    Just don't fall back to the weight come Fall.

One thing - last summer I was dropping some weight, and after about 2 months of honest exercise and 1/2 ass dieting, I went from 228 to 215. Pants size 18 to 16. You can probably do better with a good diet, I was not dieting very strict, just beefing up on exercise. My loss doesn't sound like much but when you lose an honest size (as in, able to wear it comfy instead of holding your breath out) it feels GREAT. It really encourages.

Of course like everyone trying to lose weight, I got lazy and went back to 230, and worked down to 220.

Just keep at it, don't yo-yo with your efforts like I do.

The safest you can lose weight and have a good chance of keeping it off is about 2 pounds a week. Even at one pound a week, you can drop a jean size in a couple months.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Aspiring Member

calorie restrictions and B complex

Just doing nothing you burn 100 calories an hour. The average diet is about 2400 calories so you can begin to cut that down to 100 calories an hour for each hour you are up, and while sleeeping you still burn 100 calories an hour. That's 800 for 8 hours of sleep--that's the easy part of the weight loss.
    So, figure if you eat a yogurt that is 200 calories, you don't get anything else for 2 hours. You will be surprised at how much you can loose and still have something decent to eat. It is a diet of sorts but you control what you eat and when by keeping count of the calories--making all foods possible rather than just "diet foods". You can also eat jello in between because it is filling-- so is just plain cold water--and very low in calories.
    Also, add to your effort a B complex vitamin which wil help your metabolism.

I have already started turning back the clock on the weight gain. I have a long way to go and will keep everyone informed of my progress. When I get back to 210 then maybe I will begin to feel more comfortable going out and less pregnant. If all is told I have about 80 pounds to lose, but what is life if you don't have goals.

Hope in a couple of months to start publishing pictures again.
    Michelle

All I have to say is...

DARN those evil clothing manufacturers and their tiny clothes!

Last edited by Andy66; 05-03-2010 at 12:51 PM.

those 80 pounds that I need to lose all came from 27 years of marriage. Everytime I was away from her, I lost 20-30 pounds only to put back on once I was back around her. Now I hope I can much better than the normal 20-30 pounds and get back close to my original weight.
    Michelle

One of the things that my crossdressing has encouraged me to do is to maintain my weight and health. I've never been extremely overweight, but maybe 10 or 20 pounds over where I should be. However, now I should be right where I am at around 150 pounds. Although, I would like to lose maybe another 5 to 10 pounds.

I don't diet, I just eat healthy as in chicken (skinless), fish (tuna, salmon), and lean meats (sirloin) grilled or baked and I drink milk, water, and OJ. Once in a while, I'll drink a soda, but only in small amounts just to wake me up. I eat my fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, etc.) and veggies (lettuce, peas, carrots, green beans, etc.), but I limit the carb intake. And when I eat, try not to eat or snack after 8PM.

I excercise (i.e. bike ride, tennis, running) whenever I can. When I'm at work, my office is 3 floors up and so I always take the stairs. Rarely would I use the elevator if it's absolutely necessary, such as, if I had a leg injury.

Back in my younger days, I used to drink sodas and eat junk food, fast food, candy bars, desserts, pizza, Hooters chicken wings, etc, etc, etc., but these days I only eat those once in a while to treat myself.

Not sure, what kinds of foods you eat, but if you just eat healthy and be a little more physically active, you can lose weight without having to diet or do any real strenuous excercising.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 04-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.