Thread: Madilyn Evolved...A MaddyFest 2004 Recap

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Talking Madilyn Evolved...A MaddyFest 2004 Recap

Hello Sweet & Beautiful Ladies,

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been around much for the past several days because of an extremely incredible experience called MaddyFest 2004. For those newbies who haven't had to endure my constant self-promotion, I just finished a 3-day self-created weekend of beautiful (and painful...more on that later) dressing and I just thought I'd share just a bit about the event of the year...

I only got about 6 hours sleep all weekend, so I am extremely tired and doubt that I will give a full dissertation this evening, so I'll do this in phases. Since I'm starting a thread on this you can bet more details will be forthcoming in the future.

Let me start out by saying a big "Thank You" to everyone here on this forum who gave me solid, no BS advice on every question I asked leading up to this weekend. You girls make this site what it is, and as the growing membership tells, it's quite a site...

I posted a bit of early MaddyFest in the "What Are You Wearing Thread", so I'm going to jump right into Friday...

Friday, August 6, 2004 - MaddyFest 2004 - Day 3 (as far as I'm concerned, it was a five-day festival, lol)

Friday was a day that I have been thinking about and planning for almost a year, so I was a wreck Thurday night. I call Thursday night my "Dress Rehearsal" and boy was I rehearsed. I tried this dress with these shoes with those panties with that bra and several pair of both stockings and pantyhose. I was so exausted after that night, but it paid off because I had my act together for Friday. The problem was, I couldn't sleep and had to work in the early a.m. I probably got a good 4 hours sleep tops, but I was running on some amped-up adreneline by that point and I didn't care.

I had long ago taken off Friday afternoon, so I only worked until 11:30 a.m. and then headed for the house with glee. I got to the house and did my final shaving preparations and packing everything as I was not dressing at home. I'm afraid I may be writing a "Dear John" letter to everyone next week because I went further than I ever thought I would with my shaving...it's going to be brutal when the wife gets home Saturday.

I've shaved my face in the past and caught major grief, but it always blew over. I always tell her that I want my face to "breathe" for awhile. Well, I talked to her last night and "prepped" her that I shaved my face again. She blew-up for a bit and told me not to expect her to look at me or kiss me until my beard grows back (which the no-looking aspect of it all could work to my advantage), but she has no idea how much other shaving has gone on...

Although I was not going to shave my chest area, I had been whittling away at it for a couple of weeks until there was barely anything left (yet still leaving some hair). With the dresses I wore this past weekend I didn't even need to shave my chest, but the drive and desire to be hairless was overwhelming. There's still hair, but not much...Identified Problem #1

I had been experimenting with shaving my arms by shaving the hair short, but not off completely, so I had already decided to totally shave my arms smooth...I wasn't too worried about my arms outing me with my wife. I am, however, worried about my hairless arm pits outing me...Identified Problem #2

Then there's the package area...I've gotten into trouble for trimming down there before and promised not to do it again, but when I saw what a mess I had with panties on, the urge just drove me to trim accordingly. It just looks so much better that way...why can't that be acceptable? It's so stupid...Problem #3 (and my arms could potentially be Problem #4)

Finally, there's the legs. I have been struggling with the "Should I or Shouldn't I" question for a long time. It's hot here, and there is absolutely no reason to be wearing long pants, so to adopt long pants in the heat of the summer would really seem out of place, so the legs have been a big concern.

I was going to bleach the hair, but then decided against the chemicals, then I was going to give my legs a "crew-cut" so to speak and use the electric razor and trim them down, yet not completely shave them. The idea here was to get them trim enough to not show through the hose, yet still leave hair that will allow me to stay in good graces with my wife. I started out with the trim and it just looked terrible. I wasn't sure what to do at this point.

I grappled with this decision so much, that when I was shaving other areas I just jumped in the shower and shaved both legs completely smooth. That's a first for me and boy what an exilirating and liberating feeling...whew! I did give myself some bloody nicks and a major razor burn on the inside of my leg, but overall these gams looked pretty incredible if I do say so myself. Biggest Identified Problem #5.

After I was all shaved and moisturized, it was getting time to get down to Bill's place where I was to meet-up with his girlfriend Angela.

Angela had made arrangements for both of us to have our natural nails (I grew mine for three weeks), hair, and make-up done by her stylist Yoko in her private home. Our appointment with Yoko was to be at 5:30 p.m. and were to walk out of there by 7:30 p.m. Needless to say, Yoko was very busy because that didn't happen (mostly due to the fact that we didn't get there until almost 6:30 p.m.). I picked-up Angela on time and all, but we had to go back to my house because I forgot my dress (of all things ), and then she had to pick up her wig one place and her blouse in another part of town, then Friday rush hour traffic, so everything was late.

Yoko is an incredible lady and a great make-up artist. We had such a great time getting dressed and made-up at her house. Picture a couple of dudes running around a little oriental lady's house in hose, bra, and panties...it was a riot. She did such a wonderful job and only charged $25.00. I gave her $40.00.

Since Angela and I dressed at Yoko's, we were ready to go except we had to go back to her car (which by now was way out of the way) at Bills. The bottom line is that we didn't even get to the restaurant until 9:30 p.m. We were supposed to be there at 8:00 p.m. and Bill had been patiently waiting there for us the whole time. For those ever coming to St. Louis dressed, go to The Southern Belle in Central West End for dinner. It's a TG friendly bar and restaurant, the food is great, and they just LOVE us there. I felt like a Queen. We ate a hurried salad for dinner and then proceeded to Blake's, where the fun really begins.

Blakes is where I'll pick-up this story later. I'm bushed and it's getting late. I hope you don't mind me rambling...it's just that I have so much to tell and nobody to tell it to except my gf's right here. I hope you're enjoying this so far and I look forward to sharing more tomorrow night.

Kisses,

Maddy

p.s. What do you think of the new Avatar? It's a pic from Saturday night. I hate that it's so small, but just consider it a sneak peek. More will be forthcoming very soon. Good night
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

So far it sounds like a hugely awesome time! I hope you don't get into trouble for it!!!

Wen

maddy evolved

Maddy

I love reading about all your experiences, this build up was fantastic. please hurry up with the next part

hugs

Scaredsis
    Can't wait to hear the rest of the story !!!

Hugs,
    Betty

Go Maddy...go Maddy...go Maddy...

Sounds like Maddyfest 2004 was a success! Looking forward to that next installment. Your shaving quandry there took me back a few years. I remember the endless debates I had with myself over how much to shave off...what time of the year to do it and not to do it, etc. Now that you have finally opened the Pandora's box of shaving, you will find it difficult to go back. I found it an extremely liberating experience myself...the arm hair being the last to go for me. I liked the analogy one lady here gave it of removing dirt. Hopefully it won't cause too many problems for you with your spouse.

Anyway...congrats on Maddyfest 2004. Is there a Maddyfest 2, 2004 on the horizon? Keep us informed.

xoxoxoxo,

Christine

P.S. - Love your new Avatar!

Departed
    Maddy,

This sounds hugely familar! The only difference so far was I never hesitated one second about what hair was coming off - all of it, and two months later it's still that way.

Your last comment also reminded me of the feeling I had at the end of my weekend - bushed. I had slept so little. I was just having too much fun.

I hope you and your wife will be okay. I've never had a beard while married so facial hair was not a problem but my wife loves body hair which she hasn't seen in quite some time. It's caused many trying times.

We've been through many phases of adjustment and have had several from-the-heart talks. The one that really helped her understand what my life is like was when I tearfully told her I was living a life in hell torn apart by this part of me on one side and my family on the other. That was the first time she really understood that this is not a choice. Since then our relationship has been almost back to normal.

Good luck on the days ahead and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

Wow.... wow.... wow.....

More.... More.... More......

Joanna

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    ALL RIGHT MADDY!! What a great story. I hardly remember the days when I had fur on my legs. Maybe before your wife gets home you should purchase a bicycle and say they're shaved for fitness. I can't WAIT to hear the rest! I think we should all attend Maddyfest 2005!

Thumbs up

As we say here in the Big Sky Country:

YAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!

(Actually we don't say that second thing so much.)

Sounds like MaddyFest was a tremendous success. Like your other admirers I am waiting for further installments with bated breath. (Whoooosh, well, guess I can't hold my breath that long. )
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Amelie
    Maddy, Go for it . The more you go out dressed, so does the desire to dress become more. Keep the stories coming and don't eat spagetti in dress, could be very messy.

Don't stop-procede to next level
    Love Amelie

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Smile Picking Up Where I Left Off...Friday Night At Blake's Plus...

...okay, to continue...Angela, Bill, and I finished up our salads at Southern Belle and made our way out and about heading towards Blake's. I would just go ahead and follow Angela and Bill there in case we wanted to go our separate ways later.

For whatever reason, Blake's has come to be known as THE PLACE to start an evening out on the town. Their Drag Show seems like it runs all night, and everyone is always is a festve, up-beat, and in a party mood.

We got to Blake's and walked in around 10:45 p.m. and the place was jumpin'. I'm not sure that I've ever been in a room with that many CD's before, but it sure was comfortable and fun. One of the girls, Jeri Danger, took me by the hand and started introducing me to everybody...by the time she was through I'd probably met 40 people...don't ask me all their names.

Previously, I mentioned pain...and by this point it was getting severe. If you recall, I have been wearing my new little red 5" sandals throughout the evening and it was beginning to take its toll on me. My legs, feet, & ankles were beginning to give out. Even though previously I had practiced walking in these shoes, apparently I didn't practice hard and long enough because I couldn't handle the pain. The bottom line is that the shoes were a half-size too small and I paid the price for it. I was bummed. I couldn't walk, I couldn't stand, and I couldn't dance. All I could do was sit down or lean against a wall. I finally bit-the-bullet and took my shoes off. I was never so embarrassed in all my life, but everyone kept coming up to me and telling me that it was okay and that I should always consider comfort over style. I remembered that the next night...

After a round or two of inside pictures, a few more drinks, a couple of hits from admirers, an unsnapped garter belt (that Marsha was so gracious enough to help me put back into place), and some outside pics by "Tony The Admirer", it was time to go... Angela and Bill left and went back home to do whatever it is that they do, and I ended-up going over to the Illinois side of the river (that's the Mississippi River) by myself to "Faces" (which is a large, well-established, gay club that stay's open all night). I got over to the club, paid my ridiculously-high cover charge and went in. By this time I had changed into another pair of shoes that were more tolerable than those I had to remove earlier. The club was particularly gay that evening and there wasn't another CD (other than the performers) to be found.

I went up to the Cabaret and watched the Drag Show until it was over...then they segued into The Strip Show and I made my way out of there. I really wasn't in the mood to watch swingin' salami's at 2:00 a.m. I was tired and it was time to call it a night. What a jam packed and fulfilling day. I was driving the 20 minutes home, listening to the mix CD I made of a lot of my favorite Diva Ladies, and just smiling from ear-to-ear knowing that I was feminine practically the entire day and had a wonderful time...I didn't want it to end, and I couldn't wait for Saturday night....
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

Party on Maddy!!

I can see why you looked forward to this for so long!

Wen

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Dang - with all the fun you had I can't believe it wasn't on the six o'clock news! I am jealous! Jennifer is going to have to visit St. Louis for MaddyFest 2005 for sure! You go girl!

Sounds like you had a blast. Maybe a trip to MaddyFest '05 is in order for all of us.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

I'm looking forward to the "rest of the story" ... keep it coming

Departed
    Maddy,

Way to go! Wish I was there! You know this might be the start of a new gathering. Sort of a convention/festival. In other words another reason to get all dolled up and partaay until the wee hours.

Oh, and the shoes, been there done that. My personal feeling is no amount of preparation will get you ready for 5" heels. I did the same but with 4" heels. I walked all around the house for hours and was convinced I passed the test. But when those heels hit the pavement I was soon paralyzed. Jacki wanted me to get my camera from the car to take some pictures. "Here's the keys", I said, "I can't walk". Walking on carpet is a world away from walking on pavement.

Well can't wait to hear more. My son goes off to school Thursday and that means next weekend could be party time. If my wife doesn't believe I love my family she has no idea how hard this abstinance has been, especially when I'm still shaving down and all I need to do to get ready is makeup and clothes. It's amazing what an obstacle body hair can be.