Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the way you carry your purse telling others you might be a crossdresser??

OMG ... first the hand police, now the handbag police!

Very observant, Karen.

I carry my purse on the left side (and my watch is on the left too). I'm left handed, but I can do many things with my right hand (except write). I don't recall giving the matter any thought in the past -- it just feels right, so to speak ...

I have recently thought that it may be more efficient to carry on the right when getting into the car -- it's easier to slip the bag directly off the shoulder to the passenger seat that way (in right-hand drive countries like the US), but that is strictly a male-oriented operations analysis way of thinking, and I've rejected it

I am right handed and I carry my purse on my right...no left...no right...no left shoulder. I throw it over which ever but I usually carry the flap toward my hip. And more often it is right
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Right Handed, watch on left wrist, purse on right shoulder. Now, since your formal survey (not a poll) is so accurate, I will be trying to remember to put my purse on my left shoulder to help me "pass" better.

Never even thought about it before, but I always carry my purse on my left shoulder, or carry it in my left hand. I'm right handed, and I wear my watch on my right arm... however, I've been told I'm left-eye dominant!

When I shoot, I find I get miss-matched all the time.. I have a right trigger finger, but I have to aim with my left to be more accurate. I've tried to shoot and do things lefty, but I just don't have the strength.

God this is good stuff!! wonder if Freud started this way...

Ok here's what I have so far:

Most women wear their purse on their left.. Most crossdressers wear it on the right unless they are women trapped in mens bodys (or fibbing) then they wear it on the left... And people with flannel somewhere in their lives are just odd?

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think it tells someone how pissed off they got me when I snack um upside the head with it.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

[SIZE=2]I'm right handed, but the bag goes on left shoulder...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Like Duh , It only makes sense to do it that way anyway.....lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Since I reach to pick stuff up using my right hand while shopping, my bag stays put on my left shoulder this way.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Thats the idea Karen, in big Cities you don't kinow who is in the doorways, thus you put your purse the farthest away. In fact in really bad cities, the man walks on the inside to protect his lady. just a FYI.

I have no idea as to whether or not this is a GW vs. CD thing. I just know that it is natural for me to carry my purse on my left shoulder. This leaves my right hand free to do other things.
    Hugs, Carole

Karren I'm right-handed and I think the purse is usually on the right.
    Guess I'm going to have to switch. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a crossdresser
    Keely

One of the Reds

When in male mode how should I carry my European Shoulder Bag? (It was a gift)

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No Pittsburgher men carry purses! Ha!!! I'm so tired I wrote this lame thread to say awake! Lol. Go Pens!
    I first read that as go "p***s", and I thought am I on the wrong forum
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-24-2010 at 03:28 PM.

I'm right handed and carry my purse on my left shoulder. This configuration keeps the purse on my shoulder when reaching out or using my right hand. It also allows easier access to the purse with my right hand. I carry a clutch purse in my left hand for easier right hand access and to keep my right hand free.

Hmm..Im another one who never noticed or thought about it..Right handed and carry on left
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Some men carry purses in NC (in the bigger cities)... but they're metro at the very least.

I carry my purse on my right shoulder... but that made since to me because it has a crazy long shoulder strap. But I do indeed carry my laptop bad on the same side. Hmmmmm... my wife carries hers on the left. We're both right handed... strange things are afoot!
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

I am left handed and carry my purse on the right side
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I was in the mall shopping for jewelry and women's accessories today, and spent some time observing women. I'm basing on an approximate number but I would sat 2/3rds wore their purses on the left, while 1/3rd wore it on the right. I also think that if she is right handed, then she has a free arm to do things with.
    Other than that, I don't think this is much different that which side to part hair on.

Now, in NY city, I can't believe the sheer numbers of men with purses, mostly shoulder bags....I guess it's a metrosexual thing.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-23-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Right handed and carry the purse on the left. Tried carrying my purse on the right and the left when I first got it. The left was so much easier == able to use right hand.

Carrying babies?

I remember from an Anthro class that women often carry babies on the left side, leaving the right hand free to do stuff. Maybe the GG purse carry is an instinctive thing?

OH,OH, I'm all over the place.

I'm a right handed GG. When I carry a shoulder bag, it's on my left side. A clutch bag goes under my right elbow. My watch is always on my right wrist.
    When I'm out more than an hour, I have to hand it to Tea, who then has hers on the right [ s/he's left handed] and mine on her left... UNLESS she's carrying shopping bags , then both purses are on the left and the purchases in her right hand.

Presh GG

OK I'll help you out. I'm right handed and carry my purse on my left shoulder and wear my watch on my left wrist.

I'm right-handed and I usually carry my purse with my left or sling it over my left shoulder. I hadn't really thought about it until you asked.
    warmly, Linnea

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Well, I'm a maiden in waiting, and I carry my purse on the left side. I am right handed. Never really thought about it, but it is the right thing to do: when your purse is on your left shoulder, that leaves your right hand to reach into it for stuff. The "better" hand if you're a rightie.

I'll have to do some watching around town and see if I notice a trend or not.

Charlene
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I'm right handed and my purse usually starts out on my left shoulder. But I tend to carry a fairly heavy purse, so, after a while, it will end up on my right shoulder for a spell, then back to the left, etc. Also, sometimes, when it seems convenient, I just carry it in my left hand, using the strap as a handle.

Mostly for evening wear, there are clutch purses that have no strap of any sort and that are meant to be hand carried.

There are "handbags" that have short straps that cannot be slung over a shoulder but must be carried in your hand or resting on your forearm (Note that unless the photo has been flipped, she has her handbag on her right arm).

And there are lovely purses designed for concealed carry.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It is easier on the left because you can then use your right hand to reach in and extract your keys, wallet etc... The real question is what kind of purse to get?... there are millions out there!
    Chickie