Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the way you carry your purse telling others you might be a crossdresser??

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]I'm ambi-pursed too, depends on what else I am carrying.
    Most of the time if only my purse (it is huge!) on my left shoulder, but sometimes in my left or fight hand by the straps. I am right handed, nothing sinister about me!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Purse

Hi Karen,

I am sitting in the airport as I read this thread. I am noticing that the ratio is closer to 70/ car30, but true most women are carring their purses on the left.

I had never paid much attention but beig right handed I do carry mine on the left most of the time.

HUgs Phyliss

I'm left-handed, but have always carried my purse on my right shoulder. I noticed long ago that was easier to enter & exit my car with my purse on my right side - I'd push it in first, into the passenger seat, and when i got out, it would come out last, resting at my right side. I also carry laptop cases, etc., on my right side.

I've began carrying a purse with me practically everywhere in the last few months - either to keep my pocket items in if i change into a skrit, or by habit.. Once i got used to having it, i just instinctively grab it & throw a few things in it on the way out the door for work.

Now if i could only work up a justification for carrying it into work with me...

I'm a natural lefty so for me it's just right to carry my purse in my left hand or sling it over my left shoulder. I never gave a thought to doing it any other way. Does that mean I have a dominant female gene for purse carrying? LOL!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I am a lefty and wear my watch and my purse on the right. i think thats so my left side is available to do every thing else. and yes it does take a lot of moxie to wear any kind of Cleveland garb in da burgh.

Admittedly Karen made me paranoid after I read this thread LOL.

In all seriousness though when I did start carrying my purse on my left shoulder recently (and I'm right handed btw), everything from grabbing my wallet to fumbling for my lip color got so much easier! Like what one of the girls said, since my right is more dominant, I can just swing my purse around so my right hand can grab whatever the heck I want from my purse. It's so much easier!

So moving forward, it'll be left shoulder for my purse all the time now!

I'm right handed and carry everything on my left side, pures, brief case, books, anything I'm carrying. I always want to have my righ hand free. Why? Who knows? I never thought about it until Karren brought it up.
    Dana Fleming

Right handed, carry the purse on the left side but I also carry my clutch in the left hand. Ror me it just makes it easier to get into the purse or the clutch.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Right handed but purse always on my left, never thought anything about it, until this post, I just naturally cary my purse that way.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Karren, this is a GREAT "public service" post!

Little things we do, can speak VOLUMES to others out there!

Here's a pic from my latest session. Is THIS how a GG would hold her purse? I DON'T think so!

Thanks for helping us CLUELESS folks THINK a little!

77788.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

im right handed but always carry my purse on the left.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Now if I can just get some better data on my theorized link between crossdressing and alien abductions!! Lol.
    If only there were coal mines in Roswell, you might be able to get the numbers on one of your excursions.

Went to the mall this weekend and from what I noticed it's about 60/40 right/left shoulder.

Silver Member
    I am right handed, and carry my purse on my right shoulder, with the opening flap on the inside (next to the side of my body.) When I walk I hold onto my purse with my right hand. as a male I keep my wallet in my right front pocket, so that is probably why I adopted this way of carrying my purse (as well as concerns about not having my purse snatched or being the victim of a pickpocket.)

If I am in a situation I am concerned about safety I carry my purse across my body (like a bandoleer) strap over left shoulder and holding purse with my right hand (again with the opening flap inwards next to my body.) I don't really see many women do this, but if I am that concerned about not getting my purse snatched, I am not concerned about passing at that moment.

I carry everything of mine in my purse when dressed (I don't really wear anything with pockets to put my wallet keys etc. in.) So here is a followup question: For those who carry your purse on the shoulder opposite the one your dominant hand is on, do you have pockets and carry some things in them instead of your purse?