Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was there one event that started your dressing?

Was there one event that started your dressing?

Was there one event that started your dressing - like a trigger?

There was with me.

As a boy of 14 I was chosen to perform in the school play at my all boys school. To my embarrassment, I was asked to play the female lead - a young woman in an eighteenth century French farce by Moliere. Everything was going fine and eventually we came to the costume fitting which involved petticoats, stockings, wig etc. Still, everything was normal.

As a finishing touch, the wardrobe mistress fastened a choker around my neck and said: "why, you have such a little neck, just like a girl's."

This remark rang around in my head and I started to look at myself for other feminine features and I realised that my body was very non-masculine and I obviously had a very strong feminine side. I began to borrow my mother's clothes and this started me on a long and pleasurable journey on which I am still travelling.

I still love wearing a choker!

Hi,

I can only relate what happened to me & 5 other boys about 1948 -59 , At our church we had a group in our class we had 5 boys & at the end of year we had to put on a pantomime for our members & others about 80 to 100 people on a saturday night . our teacher said she had a good idear .

We were to dress up as 4 girls i mean all on dressup .make up as well, & we had to sing a song one boy was to act like he was driving a car with one girl in front next to him & us 3 in the back seat having fun singing were in the back seat having fun while you in the front driving you keep your eye s on the road ahead you get the pic .

I enjoyed doing it just not being in front of so many people . that was the scray part after the part i still had make up on & no one cared .

I just thought my first time acting ....he he , never thought of that before .
    i must have been about 11 . then waited till i was 50 before i put womans clothes on as to dressing full time

...noeleena...

When I was 7, the story in "Huckelberry Finn" where Huck dressed as a girl during one of his adventures was fasinating to me. I immeadately said to myself - I want to do that! BTW he got "read" because, while sitting, he didn't catch a ball of yarn in his lap like girls do.

Funny how Samuel Clemens knew these details. I understand he wrote several stories that included crossdressing.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 04-25-2010 at 05:46 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

No event just the thought and the opportunity when I was 11 or 12. I fell in love with it.And I wear somthing every day.
    Angie

There was no one event. I started exploring that part of me in college. I just thought it wasn't fair that women were the only ones who got to wear pretty things. I put things on the back burner for years. Then every once in a while I got an urge.

Freddy

Not really. I was always pretty much a "tomboy". I more or less did it to experience being a "glamour puss". Those days are over now and I'm back to exploring my guy side. Being a fashion plate was okay I guess but a hell of a lot of work.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    Halloween when I was 13, a friend dressed as a girl (I did not, very sad). Eversince I have been dressing, it felt and feels soooo good.
    Rachel Lea

Not too long after getting married, my wife joked that I could probably look sexy as a girl, "you should let me make you up" she said. I'm not a big guy and I stay in shape, we are close in size. Ha Ha, laughed it off, not going to happen. A few weeks later she was away. We had only been married about 2 months now and never lived w/ eachother. I loved that she had lots of sexy clothes and lingerie that she liked to dress up in for me. I thought about what she had said and as a joke I was going to dress in her sexy things and suprise/shock her when she came home...as a joke and maybe some sexual fun. So, I spent a long time dressing sexy in her bustier, garters, thigh highs, took time to carefully put on makeup, lipstick, a tight shirt of hers, a mini skirt and topped it off in a sexy play wig of hers.
    Well, I stepped back took a look...and was hooked! I was very much "passing" and indeed aroused by my appearance. It felt amazing and exciting. Too much so. I decided, no, I can not let her see me like this! What the heck are you doing!?
    So, I got out of her things, made sure to wash away all evidence and put her things back just as I found them.
    That was 19 years ago...still slip into hers on occassions when I can. I look back at times and sort of wish I remained dressed and greated her up stairs in our room to see what would have happened.

Hey,

I got into my mom's bras and panties when I was a teenager(13 or 14) just out of curiosity one day. Found that I liked wearing lingerie. Later as I got older(and had money) I bought more of it.

Event Start

When I was 12 I discovered a house that had partly burned down and abandoned. I was rummaging around through the left behinds hoping to find something electronic to raid for parts to tinker with when I came across a pair of pink panties that just sort of stopped me in my tracks. There was just something about them completely displaced the original plan. I didn't find any electronic goodies but that pair of panties went home with me and is where I believe my start was.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

My First Time

I remember it like it was yesterday. My folks had a cocktail party at our home prior to their all going out to dinner. It was about 10 or 12 of their friends. When they left to go to dinner I was left alone and I was 10 at the time. I decided to try some of alcohol which was left out so went into my dads bourbon and at 10 it didn't take long to get me drunk. Don't know why but I stripped my cloths of and went into my mom's hamper and put on her nylon panties and a bra. I remember getting immediately aroused and loving it. I proceeded to go into the yard that evening just in the panty and bra and loving it. I was hooked on lingerie from there on and wore my mom's often when she was gone and various neighbors too. I gradually over the years have realized how I love to be fem when dressed and now love to fully dress from heels to makeup but I do remember that wonderful start in mom's panties and bra.

Hi Lucy,

Hmmm, was there one event that started my dressing? Does being born count???

Once, while on a school field trip, I was bitten by a radioactive transvestite.

Now, I'm still trying to adjust to my new found abilities, while keeping my alter ego a secret from my boss at the paper.

That was 6o years ago, I have no idea what must have been going through my head, I was just 6 years old. I just remember trying on a bra and panties, that belonged to my big sister, and have been dressing every since.
    Tina B.

Like alot of others, one Halloween (age 14) my buddy Jonny and his sister dressed me in her cheerleading outfit, I became a "girl" in many ways that night.

For me it was the theatre.

In England we have a tradition at Christmas/New Year of Pantomimes. It's a bit different (there's a good description at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime) and the male lead is always played by a GG, as is "his" sidekick. The hero's mother and any Ugly Sisters are played by male actors in outrageous drag.

I guess it must have hit me when I was around 7 or 8, and the typical costumes of the GGs just turned the key. Short tight waisted tunics, flared over the hips, with ruffles at the front and at the cuffs. The longest legs you have ever seen, and the most fantastic high heels. Picture attached so you can get the idea.

What could I do? I was blown away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Susan Dee; 04-24-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Oops. Forgot the photo.

I remember watching wrestling and some of the blokes had a fight in drag and then I decided to try it and loved it

Five years old.

I am in my parents' bedroom, alone. They had a big wooden dresser with a triple-swing mirror on it. They kept it shiny and smooth with furniture polish, and it was fin to sit on.

I discovered that if I sat on the dresser in front of the center mirror, and swung the other two around me , enclosing myself in a triangle of mirrors, I could see to infinity in a lot of different directions. I became obsessed with seeing as far into the mirrors as I could.

One afternoon, after losing myself, or finding myself, in 'mirror infinity' for a good while, I looked in the drawer at the bottom of the dresser. There was a white box under some other stuff, with a lace ribbon tying it shut.

Curiosity suddenly overwhelming me, I opened it, and it was full of pretty,white, lacy clothes, wrapped in white tissue paper. Beautiful handmade stuff, the prettiest clothing I had ever seen. I wondered if I had a secret sister somewhere.

I wanted to wear them, to be in them, and then to look in the mirrors wearing them, for some reason. They were so beautiful. I tried to fit, to cram myself in the things, but they were much too small. I moved on to other things later, because the want didn't leave.

I later found out, ironically, that these 'girl' clothes I had felt so attached to, were mine all along. They had been custom made specifically for me to wear, and they weren't really 'girl clothes' at all, but MY clothes, from a time of life long before gender was imposed. I had worn them before I could remember, as a baby, or a toddler, when they were my Christening dress outfit.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    There must have been a first time that I wore something female, but it was probably when I was too young to know the difference, and I don't believe that it "started" my dressing. I do know that I experimented a bit when I was a teen, but there was a particular reason for those experiments, and they weren't nearly as important to me as some of the other things I explored. I didn't do much continuation of that exploration as I grew older.

It wasn't until one day when I was 43 that it suddenly hit me that I was a cross-dresser -- a thought that cleared up several years worth of inexplicable impulses to "try on" my wife's clothes "to get a better idea of what works together", "to get a better idea of how things look on a body so I'll have a better idea of what to buy for her", and other such rationalizations.

How I got from some ideological teen experiments to where I am now is a great mystery. But it wasn't any one event. Biological affecting the brain is my belief.

One of the first interests I had in wearing girls clothes was wanting to try on a leotard when I was 5 or 6 years old. Our neighbours on the opposite side of the road had two daughters, one the same age as me, the other a couple of years older and we used to play together. The elder of the two used to wear her black school gym leotard on hot days. She was at junior school - at our primary school we user to wear vest and pants for gym so I had never seen anything like it. I think that I was intrigued by the way that there were no fastenings and it just held itself on as well as being a distinctly female item.
    The event that piqued my interest was when the girl in question, while she was wearing her leotard, sat astride my chest and pinned my hands to the ground on either side of my head and started to tickle my face with her hair - she was my first crush and possibly the start of my crossdressing.

I'm almost sure I started right after being abducted by aliens.. I just can remember the whole episode... Missing time.. Strange lights... Probes..

Wait.... That's when I had my tonsiles out.. Never mind...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Hmmm -- deeply psychological stuff in this one.

First event that primed the pump, as it where, was seeing one of the neighbourhood boys dressed as girl for halloween. He was a right b@st@rd of a kid, and I wanted nothing to do with him. I preferred to hang around and play with my neighbour Diane. Her dad built a playhouse for her. She was a good kid. I wanted to be a good kid like her. So why, said I, did teh local brat get to dress like her!

The key turned in the ignition the summer that my sister was a baton twirler. Three nights a week my parents where taking her to parades and I was left home. I felt ignored. Maybe if I was girl, they'd pay attention to me. That summer I was so looking forward to going to the shore for our vacation. There were cute girls there , and I always made a summer vacation girlfriend. My hopes were dashed when because we had to be home so my sister could get a perfect attendance trophy for going to all the parades. When home alone, I tried on her clothes, eventually buying my own dresses, panties and bras.

Things shifted into high gear a few years later, after I had been caught and emotionally abused for wanting to be girly and do girls things. My sister was allowed to play on a softball team - and in my mind, playing softball was a boy thing. Hmm, says I, if I want to do boys things too (as I was expected to - but was horrid at), as well as go girls things, I'd have to become a girl. I vowed then and there that nothing would ever stop me from being a girl

So, Doctor, am I nutz?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I was 12 or 13 and for no particular reason tried on my mother's panties and bra which I found in the cloths hamper. Back in those innocent days I don't believe I even knew that there was such a thing as cross dressing. I was hooked from the first second.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Long Legs
    Was there one event that started your dressing?
    [SIZE="2"]There’s a thunderstorm bearing down on me, so I’ll try to be as succinct as possible. BTW, this is one of those "Oh, brother" posts...

To answer your question, YES, there was one event that started it all…

I looked in the mirror one day and saw a male looking back at me. This vision caused some disgust, so, since I am an artist, a creator, and a champion of all things alternative, I decided to paint myself out and start all over again on a blank canvas of my choosing. Suddenly, it all made perfect sense. I realized I could make myself into a work of art, as many others have done throughout history. Why not? This life is a one-act play without dialogue, the playwright is inebriated and the audience is bored to tears, in case you haven’t noticed…

Encouraged by other questioners of societal constraint, gender-queers, and free-thinkers, I tried on an alternative lifestyle by way of clothing, attitude and comportment. The result was a foregone conclusion – It all felt so natural and logical to be in the “wrong” uniform, on the other side of gender expectation, where I belonged. I realized you really can be all you are meant to be – all it takes is courage, sometimes in massive quantities, but this precious substance is easily obtained. Just believe in yourself and take that first step towards gender integration – you’ll be glad you did. Wouldn’t you agree, Lucy?

Well, gotta go – that last lightning bolt almost knocked me into the nearest ditch… [/SIZE]

There was the little girl next door. I was four. She was too. She showed me her room and all her pretty clothes, and I was jealous. I wanted the pretty clothes! I wanted to be her!

I don't know why.