Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the Under 25ish group ONLY: MtF, FtM, and their SOs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Some of the FABs are wondering if the younger generation feels as reluctant to tell potential partners about the CDing, (or if you are or think you are TS - revealing the full extent of it as well), as did your counterparts in prior generations who did not have the advantage of the internet to let them know they were not alone.

And, if you do feel freer to tell a potential partner, does this also extend to feelings of being better accepted in the mainstream? By your peers? By people of all ages?

As far as you can tell, have things changed or are they pretty much the same?
    To answer the first part, I didn't even have a name for it still until I came across this website. I'm only 25. I've also developed the courage through success stories on here, to go out dressed en femme. I was scared as shit but I was able to do so without getting beat up for it, so I started dressing more often.

As for telling my partners, it's been an up and down ride. the girl I'm with now is not only cool with it, but very supportive. Most of the people who know me or that I meet are fine with me being trans, even though some don't want me around when I do, which is fine, even among just people I meet, as long as they're under about 50.

From what I can tell, people are far more accepting, but there's still a long way to go before we catch up with parts of Europe with our acceptance of people's personal lifestyles. But we're making a lot of progress.

It took me a while to come to terms with telling my ex that I cd'ed. I did seem to feel a bit at ease when telling her than I thought I would be, but she took it pretty hard. She accepted the fact I did it privately, but was fearful of what it could become. As far as the friends I have told, I had some hesitation at first, but the more friends I told the easier it became and all of them were accepting me for who I was.
    "Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is." - Jorge Luis Borges

I don't date much, largely because of my crossdressing. Doesn't mean I don't try! But before a relationship gets anywhere near serious (for me, 3rd date), I bring it up and tell them. Most cases the girl is nice about it and slowly disappears from my life. Sometimes, they are accepting and openminded. And once or twice, they have been REALLY accepting.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with being honest. Being true to yourself is something we all should do more of.

i plan on meeting my future SO while en femme! hahaha... i think that would be the best first impression lol, but in all honesty, because i know it's a strong part of me, i'd come out with it early, and not dilly dally around the topic!

I have always been male whenever I’ve had relationships so I’ve never had to “come out” to a partner. They have walked in the relationship knowing of my situation so they have no excuse to moan about it

Technically, the fear would all be the same, young, older w/e…but this day and age [especially the past 2 years!!] people have begun to be a bit more relaxed about the trans situation. About 3-4 years ago I was interested in a few people but they weren’t interested in me, solely because of my situation [not taking into consideration that my body problems were only temporary and wasn’t for keeps] but these days I find relationships a lot easier because people are becoming more educated on the matter.

It’s not easy for anyone, age is not going to be something that makes things easier or harder. Coming out was the scariest thing I have ever had to do, the thought of joining the army and potentially going to Afghanistan doesn’t scare me as much as coming out. In fact, it doesn’t even come close!
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Secret Agent Crossdresser felesaerius's Avatar
    Have to say I don't have any issues telling anyone now, though I did have issues telling all my friends. I just came out yesterday, and got a wonderful response. I always tell my boyfriend. Heck, my current one is kind of into it as well, so it will be fun to explore that with him/her :-)

I know for a fact that the social stigma is less so now. I dont do anything too much, that i need to reveal it yet but i think you are correct

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Hope I'm not too late on the draw with this one

When I was with my ex, it took me 4 years to tell her "the secret". Most of it, was me trying to figure out why I had the thoughts I was having. When I finally told her, it was just before we were getting back together. I hadn't done any research on the internet, or anything, I had just finally concluded that I am going to run with my feelings and never look back.

Of course, when I told her, she was in shock. It took her a few days to come around to the idea, and took her even longer to finally understand to the point of accepting. She even let it slip to her friend, and her friend was instantly OK with it. She even wanted to do my make-up, lol. A few years later, she told her sister after her sister was getting suspicious (and my ex let too much slip). Her sister was shocked, but ok in the end as she had FtM friends in the past. But, in the end, we broke up for the final time :'( .. My ex never did see me dressed up because I still live at home with parents and she moved far away with her parents.. So I can't go into detail on if she accepted me dressed.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

I told my current girlfriend the very first date. He shouldnt be seen as an obstacle but as a clever way to weed out the fake/superficial people that arent into the person you are.

Oh and a lot of chicks dig that. Androgynous/emo/feminine guys never been so popular, thanks to current pop culture.