Because of postings from sisters who are nervous about going out, I decided to find out what stylists think of us. I called ten salons in my area and told each stylist that I was looking for a stylist that could help he out with a good hairstyle, and if they did such, makeup consultation. I told them that I was nervous and wanted to work with someone that I could feel comfortable with, and who would feel comfortable with me. Of the ten places I called only one said positively no way. All of the others were very friendly and willing to help. In one salon the stylist even told me that she would be excited to help me out and thought it would be fun for both of us. She asked a lot of questions and made me feel comfortable with her. She said the salon had a makeup artist and knew shw would also love to help out. (She has done makeup on me before and was very friendly and helfpul. Half of the places I called wanted to set up a free consultation to see what I was looking for and show me what they could do.
I think this shows that we sometimes are nervous when we don't need to be. Now I have to decide on which place I want to visit. I have it narrowed down to four.