Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mistaken for a woman when dressed as a male

Hell I'm rarely mistaken for a woman when dressed as one let alone visa versa... Sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi View Post
    Here's another. This one seems to have confused some people...
    http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/testpic3.jpg
    Well, you're kinda cute, but you definitely "looka like a man".

-Misty

Thanks for your comments, everyone. The conversation here has helped me connect some dots. I've concluded that it must be my body, posture, and mannerisms that people are responding to, not my face.

I don't think my body looks like a female body, but is probably more female-looking than male. I have sparse body hair, a small frame, narrow shoulders, a small rib cage, wide hips, and a female fat distribution. I have mild gynecomastia (36A) and very little fat on my upper body, except my arms, which gives the appearance of small breasts. Despite years of working out, I don't have much bulk. When I have dropped enough fat to get muscle definition, I feel like I'm starving, so I don't have much muscle definition except on my abs. I have been tested, and do not have low testosterone/free T. In fact it's at the high range of normal. Maybe I have Klinefelter's (never been tested) but I do not have the other symptoms, besides the body shape. I like my body the way it is- like my personality, it's a mix of masculine and feminine characteristics, leaning a bit to the feminine side.

I was ridiculed endlessly and avoided in college dorm showers because of the female appearance of my body, especially from behind. Back in my days of dating, some women would freak out when we got our clothes off, ending things right there. Needless to say, my wife wasn't one of them. Every doctor I have ever seen has asked me if I'm on hormone therapy, and they don't seem to believe me when I say no. I probably blocked a lot of the more disturbing and painful experiences out.

I mentioned to my wife last night that I had been mistaken for a woman while wearing a suit, and she said she wasn't surprised. The cut of my suits emphasizes my hips too much, apparently. I'm going to look into custom tailoring...
    Last edited by jessi; 05-01-2010 at 08:34 AM.