Thread: Funny Comment From My Oldest Daughter

Aspiring Member

Funny Comment From My Oldest Daughter

My wife and I thought this was funny…….My oldest daughter (age 40) walked over to the house last night to chat with her Mother and I. After spending about an hour gabbing, she stood up and starting acting as if she were leaving. I used the remote to turn on the TV and began scanning thru the menu while she was saying her good-bys to her mother.

She saw the listing for the “Logo” channel and noticed that “RuePauls Drag race was on next…….She said “Have you ever watched that show?…….Never mind, you wouldn’t be interested in that Cross-dressing show”.

Her mother and I had a good laugh after she left………I just thought I'd share this story with my friends on this site.

Danielle
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 05-02-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are! I didn't know you had a daughter Danielle. I wonder if maybe you thought for a moment of using that as an opener to tell her. I am not to keen on the idea of minor children knowing about a cross dressing father, but adult children...maybe. My own step daughter from my previous marriage found out and was more then OK with it. She started telling me all about how CD's were mostly straight and that it is not a big deal etc. She seemed to know more about it then someone that had no personal reason to understand and accept it. It made me wonder if her ex-husband might have been a CD. Never know.

Maybe that was your daughters way of telling you she knows about your CDing and want to break the ice with you and discuss it. Something to think about Yes it's a bit funny but if I were still in the closet i'd been affraid she did know something.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

If she only knew that you could be a cd'er on the show. that's funny
    Michelle

Gold Member
    I just imagine you sitting there saying, "Oh no, no interest whatsoever, huh, crossdressing, whoda thunkt it?"

I think your daughter wanted to stay and watch it honestly.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Next time you see your Daughter,tell her you watched the show,and let her know how much you enjoyed it.See where the Conversation leads.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I agree, maybe it was an opening to come out to her...
    I liked the first season of that show. However, I didn't care for this season. The girls were to,, I don't know,, just to over the top,, to much drama for me.

I think it was an innocent comment - and if she only knew!

Freddy

Little does she realize... lol! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Next time you see your Daughter,tell her you watched the show,and let her know how much you enjoyed it.See where the Conversation leads.
    I have to agree with this, next time you see her tell her you watched the show and see where it leads. If it doesn't give you a good enough opener then let it go if it does then maybe your daughter will embrace that side of you.
    It most likely was an inocent remark but what better way to break the ice or feel her out to see if she is acceptive of the idea.
    Either way you can not lose, Good luck.

My Daughter made a similar comment recently, she seems captivated by the show, I don't know exactly why.
    Alanea

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Or even better tell her you decided that is your lifestyle and that you and her mother will now be making the rounds to the drag bars and applying for the next show. Sort of like watching Miss America and deciding you could be Miss Arkyvania next year.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Then again maybe she does know and it was her opening to you and your wife. At any rate she's the one that opened the door. Have fun and be safe. Teri

I've been missing it....when does it come on???

Paula

Drag Show

I was totally bored so I went channel surfing the other night and I came across that same channel and decided to watch it a bit thinking I could gain some tips on makeup or what ever. Well after 30 minutes my wife walked in I thought she was still working on her blog pages and she commented, what are you watching.? I said ah this crossdressing show that I was channeling surfing bye. We left it like that and found another channel and she left...She may know something about me dressing but it has never been discussed.

Sort of on a related note...

I was IMing with a GG of mine about meeting her for lunch tomorrow. When we agreed on the time I told her "I should be done wandering around the house in lingere by then." She laughed and I said, "And you think I'm joking?"

She then asked if I had matching pumps and I said I did, to which she replied "Well, if that makes you happy, more power to you."

I then replied that I might be in lingere when she gets here and she didn't seem to mind.

I think I have the best GG friends in the world