Thread: Summer's coming = less dressing

Summer's coming = less dressing

So i'm not out as a crossdresser and only dress at home. One of the little things I enjoy is going into the garden for a cigarette while dressed. It's the closest i get to going out. Now the evenings are lighter and the fact that my garden is over looked by about 10 different houses I can no longer enjoy this simple pleasure until the nights draw in again.

I know a lot of you are out but before you came out did you have any such habits you used to enjoy? Indeed to the people who are not out is there anything similar you do?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I started going out in public dressed when I was in my late teens. That was in the late 1940's! Yes, I know, I am probably old enough to your grandma/pa!

When my late wife, who totally supported my crossdressing, passed away several years ago I changed my going out dressing. Now I go out dressed enfemme, but with no wig and no makeup. Just a guy in a skirt and everything else femme. Hardly anyone even pays any attention!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

not less dressing...just a change of styles.

my arms are hard to hide in short/no sleeves. but working on a very thin veal if you will for my arms...but hard to find such tops. except in "fancy" styles not day to day wear.

Yeah... But not for the same reason... Heat!! I hate heat and makeup.. Don't know how women put up with it.. And I'm not into wearing less lighter clothes.. Don't have the body for it firstly and second.. More clothing is better! Lol. Love the cooler weather when I can layer on and wear fem jackets and scarfs and hats.. Try that in 90 degrees! I think I should move closer to the artic circle!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Summer's coming = less dressing

Definately
    Too hot to wear makeup as it makes me sweat too much
    Wigs!!!!......It's like wearing a woolly hat on a hot summers day
    With my arms, long sleeves are "de-riguer"....tattoos, muscles and scars = not exactly femme looking arms in sleeveless tops.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    When I moved to Florida I was afraid of the heat and not being able to wear makeup (I love my makeup).

It turned out I can still wear makeup and life is pretty normal. I do however wear MAC makeup which possibly had a bit more durability over some other brands.

Summer is okay...

Yes, you can't go outside as much, but a little pair of shorts and a camisole top is so comfy..... A little lipstick to keep your lips moist... not bad.

The first time I left the house dressed was in July!
    I'm a bit of a tropical creature, so an 80 somthing degree day isn't that hard on me at all as long as the humidity is down and there's a nice gentle breez.

Winter is, by far, a better dressing season for me. It's easier to hide, I can throw pants and a hoody on over the things I'm wearing. It's easier to go out, there are less people out and about, there's less daylight. I too am not looking forward to doing the dance during summer, it's much more complicated.

For a while it was a sticking point for me and since I came out and started the transition I mow the grass in shorts and a cami, work in the garage wearing a tank top and basically do whatever needs to be done dressed appropriate to the task and weather.

Teri

Platinum Member
    I switch from sweater dresses to linen/cotton skirts and tank tops for the summer. My legs are shaved and I try to maintain a decent tan, so stockings are optional .

Few years ago when I wasn't living with room mates, I loved going out for a drink and a smoke during summer. But wasn't happening dressed up for the same reasons.

Since my dressing is limited already, I guess it won't really interfere with sitting outside in guy mode. Still, summer won't mean "dressing less" for me. Probably only "wearing less"
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

I do notice a shift in the cross dressing habits with weather shifts, and seasonal changes.

For me, it isn't *necessarily* a case of more or less, the frequency doesn't increase or decrease that much.

What I wear, how much of it I wear, under dressing, etc are all affected though.

I like summer. I spend alot of time on my second floor sundeck. (I wrapped sailcloth completely around the outside 4' high.) Low humidity here and temp drops off 10-20 degrees at night so it is great.

I am still wrestling with continuing to wear a top when sunbathing (like the eluuzion the tan lines provide afterwards). I think I am going to return to nude, since it gives me more options when I am off the sundeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loni's right. New season means a change of style. We just need to adapt our clothing to allow us to go out en femme. I'm going to be wearing cardigans when I go out and I'll be wearing short sleeve shirts and with crop pants paired with sneakers and low cut socks. I have an unsightly scar on my right foot that isn't pretty, so wearing sandals or even flats with no pantyhose (which isn't in season in the summer) is a no go for me.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'll test this theory out regarding summer and reduced dressing time when we actually get something resembling a Summer over here

I do love floaty gypsy skirts and off shoulder gypsy tops with crop cardi's,just hope get the weather to get out some time for a change
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

can you zip me up please? Petra Bellejambes's Avatar

No doubt, summer is a bummer

Make up of course is a trouble spot in the heat. Add wigs, and padding, and I stop glowing and start flowing.

Additionally, I let my legs thatch over in the warm months. I simply do not have either the nerve or a plausible answer to questions about bare legs in shorts season.

I try to find the silver lining by anticipating the onset of autumn.

Bring it on!
    Blogging like a woman possessed at Voyages en Rose.
    Happy dressing, and happy everything else! Petra

Tomorrow I will have to remove the red polish that has been on my toes continuously since last fall. So that's a bummer--but I end up in sandals and bare feet too often to 'hide' the very feminine colored toes. I also find wearing a wig in the summer too hot as well so I probably do less complete dressing in the summer but I still underdress about the same amount.

I am not out to anyone but my SO but miss the winter when I can shave

Not so much less dressing, as less going out. I can't get out to my car in the evenings now they are lighter. It is a real drag being all done up, and not being able to go out for a walk.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Since the office I work in has AC not much changes for me. Just spring and summer clothes, sandals on occasion. Cool tops and flirty skirts and a chance to go out and not drag a coat. For me i's a great time of year.

As I am also from England, this time of year sees Dawn go into hibernation. I am not 'out' and so when I do dress I don't have the confidence to wear more light and revealing clothing!
    Still, the way the last three summers have been here - lots of rain! - there has been some opportunity for Dawn to make the odd appearance.

Love, Dawn

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I shave all over and my arms are thin enough to not cause a problem, but the farmer's tan does. I'm trying to avoid the tan lines from T-shirts this year. The dark tan at my neck is harder to deal with.
    I handle the heat well, but the additional layers necessary make it even hotter, so I do better on cool days or in the evening.
    What I like is that skirts are common and don't draw extra attention when I wear one.