This is probably going to sound really mean, but I was kinda curious if anyone's done this, so I'm posting this.

Recently, I was in dating a GG who seemed real nice. The problem is that conversations with her over the phone never seem to be interesting and, worse, is that she doesn't drive. Being that she lived in the middle of Los Angeles (i.e. the most trafficked parts) this basically made it difficult to see each other. But really, the big problem that I had was that she had no personality whatsoever.

I guess after dating a while that I thought that it was time that we parted ways, so I decided that I should break it off with her. However, that wasn't enough for me for some reason.

I remembered that she mentioned that if I continued doing the stuff that I was (at the time) only going to be doing in Disneyland (i.e. CDing) that she wouldn't want to be part of that. So I decided that I should break it off by telling her that I decided that when I CD'd at Disneyland that I wanted to pursue it more actively outside of that circumstance and that it was going to be an important part of my life moving forward. This is, of course, true - and since then I've learned to embrace my more feminine side. She reacted nonchalantly to the announcement, even proclaiming that "It's okay. It's not like we're in a relationship anyway!"

So I figured I'd ask this question since there's so many questions about "coming out" that I felt there ought to be a different angle on it. Has anyone come out to their SO to purposely break off from the relationship, knowing full well they would totally dislike/hate this? And if so, how did they react?