Thread: Went to family birthday party, i got several hints

Aspiring Member

Went to family birthday party, i got several hints

Hey Ladies,

So my aunt had a big party for her birthday, a band, a professional bbq cook, and about 60+ bikers (my whole family is the harley davidson types) However, my wifeys dad went with me and it was about a 3hr trip to see them. On the day of the party i was sitting around having beers with my auntie,uncle,gramma, wifeys dad and my sister (who is an open lesbian).......i forget the exact convorsation leading up to what im about to tell you girls, but they were picking on me about my taste in girls over the years growing up. My uncle says "Donni aint interested in a girl if she cant kick his a--"
    (which made everyone laugh, even 76 yr old gramma) Then my auntie chimes in "Leave him be, we all know they liked Donni's "Other Side"".......At this point my face went red and i turned away to save myself further embarassment....Then my auntie rubbed my back and said "Dont be embarrased hunny, we have always loved you for that".......Ladies i was falling apart inside, i could feel my eyes welling up and just said "well i need another beer".....as i got up to get one from the cooler i noticed a couple ppl were listening in on the convorsation, they just smiled and i smiled back. When i sat back down my father in law says "Well i guess that explains all those black eyes my daughters given you, i thought it was cause she told you twice, not because you asked for it"......(Laughter ensues).....Now my face is really red and my sister looks at me and goes "awwwwwww"........"Its ok Donni i like the tough chicks too"
    My uncle; saving whats left of my pride, Says "I tell you what though, all his girlfriends were always knockout beautiful" (I coulda hugged him, if i thought he wouldnt punch me)
    Altogether, it made me feel like; Hmmmm, guess im more obvious than i thought, My family doesnt seem to mind that i am who i am, as much as i thought it would bother some of them.

Later that night i got hints from a cousin, says that it was good to see a guy who took care of themselves like a girl. That my fingernails and toes always look nice, my long hair is always well taken care of and my clothes always matched and looked good.....was an awesome compliment for my guy and girl egos

Thanks for listening everyone, just thought id share

Hugs and Kisses
    -Donni-

Gold Member
    It's good to hear a positive story regarding family interactions like that Donni. Sounds like you have a very cool family, and very unconventional.

Wow, that is really positive Congratulations

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Aspiring Member
    thanks miranda and kara, it was positive. it actually changed my outlook on their perception of me....I didnt think they had a clue really. Now i feel so silly for some of the anxiety i have had towards being myself around my family.

See, it's not as bad as you perceived it to be. I'm glad to hear of the positive results. And thanks for the good story.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Nice!

its a nice story, as i come to discover pple are not really pissed with men that have femme sides.

hello i am SusanaCD1988 i am new to this site i have to say i liked your story and hope something like that will happen to me as i am still in the closet and afraid of telling my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    It's good to hear a positive story regarding family interactions like that Donni. Sounds like you have a very cool family, and very unconventional.
    Personally, I have always found it wise to be wary of the "normal" family. The unconventional families are usually well adjusted to the differences in everyone. Congrats, Donni, sounds like a swell bunch of folks you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by susanaCD1988 View Post
    hello i am SusanaCD1988 i am new to this site i have to say i liked your story and hope something like that will happen to me as i am still in the closet and afraid of telling my family.
    hello susanaCD1988,
    everybody needs someone who we can talk to. alas only my mom is left of my family, and she know Loni and helps her a lot.

leave little hints around, (as in a booklet) see how the family acts. then go from there. but just do not walk in to dinner one night in a evening gown. work slowly and "feel" them out. you just might be surprised.
    some people just talk big mouthed...but when they find out. they change there tunes.