Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I like crossdressing

Why do I like crossdressing

Why is it that I like to crossdress when I know I could never be passable. I want it to go away, or atleast find someone that I can be with that likes it, or is completely ok with it.

Don't worry about being "passable". It's more about how you feel. Trying to fulfill someone else's standards is next to impossible my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    If you're at all like me, I would be willing to bet that from the first time you dressed it was the feeling of the clothes, maybe the feeling of femininity or other intense emotional responses that have brought you back again and again. It is not so you can impress someone else - you're doing it for yourself.

Formerly Deborah Whitney

I CD for me

Look, having angst over not "wanting" to have this desire is normal. I also go thru the same stuff, lots of times I've wished I didn't have this terrible burden.

What you need to realize is that it's not a terrible burden. If you're in a relationship and not out, that's a burden... one that you've got to deal with ... but other than that, it's really OK that you like to dress as a girl.

Every person out in the world has doubts and unhappiness about some aspect of their life. Most of us struggle to be as tolerant of others as we can be; some do not, and those are the folks we, as crossdressers, are afraid of. When we don't know whether someone will be tolerant of CDing, the doubt seems overwhelming.

Like me: I can talk a good game about being out-and-about while dressed as a girl... but I feel the same nervousness as others, when expressing my femininity in this way, because I know it's not universally accepted.

To put it another way, we're afraid of other people's *opinions*! Doesn't that seem odd?

Heck, I'm afraid of my own opinions, sometimes. I so desperately want to pass, but in logical moments I know that will never be, and for the most part I'm OK with that.... as long as I don't take pictures of myself, since "the camera never lies".

To make it short (haha), what Denise Rhodes said.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwildly View Post
    Why is it that I like to crossdress . . .
    Either because you are transgendered in some way, or it is a fetish.

For me, I'm a transgendered CD (not transgendered TS).

And it's a good thing that I like it, because it is something I have to do. If I didn't like it (even though it can cause relationship issues which I don't like), it would be hard to live with.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    It seems as tho you need to find a way to understand these impulses

We could help you more if we had more information on whats going thru your head really....

For many of us, no matter the reasons, dressing stays with us all our lives. Most likely it will not go away

Understanding your reasons for crossdressing would be the best place to start

Why do you like it, because you have good taste

Crossdressing is a lot of fun, but I know what you mean, it would be good to have SO to share it with. Good things come to those who wait (or is that cop-out? )

In the meantime just enjoy all it has to offer.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Denise said it completely right. It is all about how YOU feel, not the rest of the world!

As far as I am concerned, the only opinions that matter to me are my own, my family members, and some very close friends. Other people don't count, or matter!

Go out and be yourself! You will enjoy it!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hello i dont look passable either and i am still in the closet and basicly living a lie for my family however when i dress up it feels like i am flying without wings. for me crossdressing brings me true happiness.

You obviously enjoy crossdressing. Don't worry about others. Most don't care. Few notice even if you are not close to passable. You are who you are, enjoy what you enjoy. Even if you supress this, it will always be part of who you are. Enjoy it. Enjoy it. Enjoy it!!!

Freddy

I used to be worried about Passing as a female, but over my time and development, I have come to realise that if I am happy with who I am, it doesnt matter what the world thinks

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    This is a good question.

Lets see --- is it because I like skirts. They're cool and comfy and look nice. Nope -- not that, because I also like to wear a kilt in boy mode, and my kilt (actually 3 of them) are cool and comfy and look good too. So there has to be something more.

Lets see -- I like stylish cuts and colours -- hmm --- well there's some boy stuff like that which I don't mind wearing.

Lets see -- undies -- panties -- bikini cut -- no fly -- nice colours and patterns. Nope -- seen boy's undies just like 'em.

Maybe -- just maybe -- its because I look at an item of clothing and say -- hmm -- I like that. And I wear it.

Oh -- and it turns my wife on

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I guess it is a bit like breathing , it keeps me alive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Just a man in a skirt xd-tigger's Avatar
    I'm guessing you like it because you like the feel/fit of the clothing. Don't worry too much about finding someone who likes your dresing, the perfect person for you will pop up when you least expect it. Just don't try and push it out.
    Bouncing is what tiggers do best.
    I'm not a girl. I'm a man in a skirt.

why do I cross dress.
    I love the feel of the fabrics.
    I love the lines of a great skirt / blouse on me.
    I love the feel of my hem ageist my legs in a gentle breeze.
    I love women so much.

if only i could still grow hair on my head.

my mom can not understand why i want to wear a bra. she hates them.

i say it is because you must, and i want to.

I like to cross dress because it just feels right.

As I see it, it's not a matter of liking to cross dress, the real point is how well you cope with life if you don't.
    I have gone for some very long periods of my life without cross dressing, and they where good years. But then when that need/desire came back, there was no living with myself, much less anyone else if I denied who/what I am, I know because I almost ruined a marriage figuring that out.
    Everyone wants to know why we do this, but what is more important than that is what happens to some of us if we don't. i don't always understand those that say they don't need this, but just like to do it. I don't think I ever would have taken it up, if not to fill a need. But I do need this in my life to keep my head on straight, so I found the best way to make that work, is to learn to love it, and I do love it.
    And yes there are women in this world that will tolerate, except, and even like what we do, it's never easy to find a life partner, maybe a bit harder for us, but it can be done, so never give up on life or love.
    Tina B.

Why do I like crossdressing.

Because it completes me. Over time I learned to embrass Jennifer. Along with you, I to will never pass and have never really given it much thought. All of us probably wish it would go away but after purging have learned that the woman within just comes back. The challenge is to find a balance and to live within that.

It is all about the journey. Embrass it and it can take you places you never thought were possible.

For me, it's just that I love being feminine.
    I'm always a woman!

passing takes a long time. Think of it like a teenage girl working for all of those years on different looks, before they finally settle on one which they like. Teenage girls practice all of the techniques which you think must be mastered in just a few weeks or days. It takes years sometimes to find the right look. The right hair style and you look almost passable. The wrong hair style and from a plan the passengers can tell that you are a cd'er.
    Michelle

I CD because I feel like I'm James Bond, but in women's clothing. I can slip into seemingly familiar situations without anyone treating me the same way as I would if I were a boy and it allows me to take a personal inventory of myself in the process.

There's a lot of different reasons why people CD, and I think really the most important thing is that it satisfies your needs rather than getting too hung up on the "Hows" or "Whys."

I've started giving it more thought lately, but I honestly couldn't tell anyone why I crossdress; I don't know myself.
    Last edited by Nigella; 05-10-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: This isn't about GGs, its about crossdressing and your comment is uncalled for

I have no idea why i like it but i know i can't stop. I've tried so many times but i'll always go back.

I know i can't pass but i'm sure with more time i'll get it right one day...

it excites me physically and mentally

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    Crossdressing is a lot of fun
    That's just how you perceive it. I on the other hand have a love and hate relationship with it.

Most of us have this fetish start from something that either happened during childhood or as an young adult.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]