Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do I like crossdressing

I found someone who is completely ok with it, to the point of being downright encouraging [my wife]
    Her answer to the question
    "Why is it that I like to crossdress when I know I could never be passable." was.....

"Because it's a part of who you are!"

I guess that answer is appliable to most of us
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 05-12-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: punctuation and bad spelling in my Reason for Editing:

I like to crossdress, because I like to identify with females.

It doesn't matter whether I'm passable or not.

That will never go away and I feel honored to have been blessed with that desire. I'm glad I don't desire to identify with a lughead or thug!
    Last edited by Jonianne; 05-12-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it could be simple

It turns out that it was very simple for me once I realized that this feminine person was a part of me and I had NO idea who she was! The drive to understand her and let her be her own self is just enormous! She has a lot to learn about being feminine, so I imagine it will be a long adventure, and whether she does this in the confines of 4 walls or out and about really doesn't matter!

tina

For me, I don't really care about being passable, since at this point in my life I can't go out dressed anyways, but fifteen years ago, I could and did, and was reasonably passable. But my main point is that I crossdress, even if it is just at home, because I just love the feel and look of feminine clothing, and I especially love wearing real high heels. And for me, that's enough of a reason to just keep on doing it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    The first thing my Wife knew about me was that I was a Crossdresser,even before she even knew my guy name or what colour eyes I had.she knew it was a large part of who I was and that she loves all of me,my point is be yourself,enjoy your dressing its not bad to feel enjoyment doing what you love,and dont worry about passing it doesn't (in my case anyway) lessen what we do,dont beat yourself up about it just have fun
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

We do it because it make us feel good. Like you I want to meet the perfect SO that will accept my dressing. Until that day I'll dress alone and meet with the girls here
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

It makes me feel sexy! I definitely have a feminine person that is inside of me. Gender rolls are far to defined. A woman can be rough, tee-shirt and jeans person and that's OK but a man that is smooth and likes to dress in skirts and makeup is a freak? I think a lot of men live in denial and that is a sad fact!

I love to crossdress because it allows me some escapism and freedom to express my inner self

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind" Basically, it is made up of two separate words..."mank" and "ind". So what do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

On a serious note, I have always believed that whoever came up with the concept of a "walk-in" closet, is ultimately responsible for starting this whole thing.

then again, I may be wrong...I don't think I can be serious after all...

HaveFun/BeHappy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i totally relate to this topic.

I look absolutely horrid when i dress up, even in cute things. I will literally never look even remotely like a female, despite how bad i may want to. Still there is a little part of me that enjoys it.

It really would be nice if i could either look decent or never enjoy it.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I Dont care if Im passable or not, I just wan to look HOT!

[SIZE="5"]*sings* I love crossdressing in the springtime, I love crossdressing in the fall...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I like it because it's an expression of who I really am. I get excited thinking about getting home and getting dressed, or of getting up early in the morning to do so. I have gone through phases, but the current one is the most serious I've ever experienced. I literally want to be dressed every single solitary second, but at this point, that means every second not out in public.

I believe I could pass, but (go ahead and laugh), the first thing I'd have to do is shave my beard and mustache off. They are relatively recent additions to my face, and I like the look...when I'm not dressed. The true sign I've taken the next step will be if and when I shave my beard. I've gotten many compliments for how "distinguished" I look with it, and the move would be questioned.

The last time I dressed regularly was about 7-8 years ago. I had no facial hair then, and I dabbled in using makeup. During that time, I was more into traditional dress-up...heels, dresses, pantyhose, etc. This time, my primary look is natural hippie chick.

I was just becoming a vegetarian when I last dressed regularly. Now I'm vegan and working out every day, so I weigh about 40 pounds less, and I've been using facial toners, doing a lot of yoga, and having essential (flowery) oils going in a diffuser in my bedroom for months. Truthfully, while going through a stressful time at work, the discovery of essential oils and seeing a wonderful wig for $5 at a thrift store was the beginning of the every-minute-I-can-possibly-be-dressed times I'm in right now.

Loving every second!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I believe PASSING is OVER RATED for MOST OF US!

NOT going out dressed for me, means:

1. No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods
    2. No compromising my dressing. I can wear ANYTHING I like
    3. No stressing about possibly being found out
    4. No worries about trying to "fool" anyone, except me
    5. No worries about being caught out without my-----------?
    6. Lastly, there's NO worries of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches

I think CDing should be FUN! If passing is stressful, just DON'T DO IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dress because I want to and because womens clothes are better then mens clothes .
    Misty

I love to dress whenever I can. I look forward with excitement when Im working thinking about how Dawn will dress later. Sometimes I get home and just cant bring myself to dress - I scare myself with 'what-ifs' too often.
    When I do dress, I try on many clothes - I can never be satisfied and think 'right, tonight its a dress and nothing else'.
    Already looking to the next opportunity which will be at the weekend.

Dawn x

My wife says ...

... that GGs dress for themselves and each other, not for men. Style is rhetoric--a form of communication, with which we express ourselves.

So dressing up in pretty clothes is just the most normal thing in the world--everybody does it. Why the big fuss?

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    NOT going out dressed for me, means:
    No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods
    [SIZE="2"]Honestly, I can’t think of a single uncomfortable feminine anything[/SIZE]
    No compromising my dressing. I can wear ANYTHING I like
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, non-compromising. Pro-choice across the board…[/SIZE]
    No stressing about possibly being found out
    [SIZE="2"]I agree, since I do what I do for my own pleasure…[/SIZE]
    No worries about trying to "fool" anyone, except me
    [SIZE="2"]When you go to such great lengths to incorporate all of your hidden and visible qualities in such a magnificent presentation, how can you possibly think about “fooling” anyone, especially yourself? [/SIZE]
    No worries about being caught out without my-----------?
    [SIZE="2"]I just plan ahead and keep my made-up eyes open…[/SIZE]
    Lastly, there's NO worries of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches
    [SIZE="2"]They may be out there – I can’t tell. However, if I was ever confronted by an angry mob, I wouldn’t confront them in any way. My inborn docility and calm demeanor would unnerve them (I just know it), and they would soon move on to another hate target. No torches needed here in central Kansas – everybody is out of sight by 8PM, and in bed by 9…[/SIZE]

For me, it is about expressing my feminine side. I’m not interested in passing. If I wasn’t 6’2”, 200# I might be, but I am who I am. I like girl stuff, clothes, makeup, shoes, all the pretty stuff. I like the feel and fit of women’s clothing, shaved legs, and floral scents. I feel pretty and sexy en femme.

Women’s clothing and accessories are also fun. As a guy, I pick black or brown, select a tie (from a fairly large collection I admit. It’s the one place a guy can be expressive with clothes), put on one of two pairs of shoes, a jacket and I’m out the door. Look around at a bunch or professionals meeting, guys in black and brown, ladies in all sorts of outfits and accessories. And I’ll bet that most CD’ers have more women's shoes than men's.

And, yes, I would agree with everyone who mentioned that being en femme completed them. When I was hiding it, something was missing. I couldn’t be myself. I am still not completely out, but my wife is understanding and supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    1. No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    Honestly, I can’t think of a single uncomfortable feminine anything
    High heels, boots or any other shoes, garter, corset, cheap bras...comfortable?

Why?

I really dont know, but what I do know is it makes me feel good.

I used to think it was a split personality thing, but It seems in later years, to be merging. I mean like wearing panties, girl shorts, going to tanning salon while male. It is impossible for me to give up masculinity, but enfem is a thrill and I think it fires a totally differnet wiring mechanism in my brain. Have purged 3 times in 30 years, always comes back for me. totally secret, but some suspect

CD'ing

Well we all have our emotions thoughts on this subject. Whether we are born with this traot or instinct or we somehow get attached to a piece of clothing when young or one of the parents wanted their child t o be a girl . Whatever it is it surely doesn't go away. How many times have we all said okay I'll
    stop and purge my clothes and within a year your back looking or buying and the urge starts again. For me in my earlier years 5-12 just a nice feeling of the silk stockings or the smooth girdle. Then in my later years after I started a real job and professional career it was knowing that a lot of pressure was eased off when I wore my feminine attire. I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable when I am dressed. Being home at my job really has helped my relaxation and stress of my job. So that 's my long drawn out answer.