Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are crossdresser so hard to find

Why are crossdresser so hard to find

I have been looking for years now to find other people like me. It seem like an impossible act. Every-time I think I find someone that is like me, or someone that is into cross dressing they always seem to turn out being really creepy perverts. Why?

Sorry you have had such bad luck.... but maybe it is where you have looked in the past.

I think the best thing about this site is it is "Real" It is a room that has girls just like myself, talking about issues I deal with everyday, and are not here for some sort of sexual gratification.

I have met a few other girls over the years and the one think I think is key is being sure who you are going to meet. I chat with someone a long time making sure who they are and why they are wanting to meet before actually meeting. I suggest that strategy for yourself.

good question But most cross dressers I have met are quite nice. But they are to meet You should be able to find some one on this board. Just give it time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Your not looking in the right places!
    Everything you need is right here in this forum. Take your time, make some friends, build a trust, you'll soon find what you looking for.

I like that their are people out in the world, but I am trying to find people that I can sit down with and talk. Forums and Blogging have never been something that has pulled my interest. I'll give it a try though.

Gold Member
    There are a few ways to get started to meeting others.

First, your profile says you are in Arkansas, but not where. There is a Tri-Ess chapter in Fayetteville. This is great place to meet others and participate in any events they may have. The link to their information:

http://www.tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html#sigmamu

Second, you can go to the forum here titled "Meeting Place" and post with more specific information about your location and see if anyone wants to get together.

Third, Google is your friend. Try searching for Crossdresser groups in Arkansas or other similar searches. Tri-Ess is one of the bigger groups of CDs, but there are certainly others out there.

Good luck!

All of the gals that I have "talked" with on the forum or through PM seem to be very genuine, friendly and kind ladies. I don't sense any of them having perversion as their style or motive.

A survey was done a couple of weeks ago about "preferences". It was found that the ladies weree overwhelmingly non-gay, non-perverted, in fact most were total heterosexual, happily married.

If you are ever in the St. Louis area, please let me know and I would look forward to spending an evening with you.

Mackenzie

Hi
    I would agree that your not looking in the right places.
    Try checking out the meeting section of this forum.
    Tomara

It is just so funny... That in our minds, we are the most normal people we know.. And all those other crossdressers are creepy perverts! Lol.

But I admit that I am the same way... And it makes you very leary about "hey let's meet" or "I'm in town want to hook up"... statements! Yeah right!! Hidden adgendas... I have made a few good local crossdressing friends but I am uber cautious about meeting others out of the blue.. Takes time to develope a repore and get to know someone online before I will meet.. The truth is it is just the hazards of the hobby.. If you want to meet other... Make sure your on the same page before you "connect"!!

I'm not that knid of girl! Ha!
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-07-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I'm inately suspicious of other people I meet on line...especially if they seem to be in a hurry to meet.

Formerly Deborah Whitney

You found crossdressers.com

Hey, you HAVE been successful... maybe you don't realize it yet, though. You've found a lot of supporting, caring folks at crossdressers.com.

The folks here are wonderful. I can vouch for that ... I registered back in 2006, and was active for some time .. then sometime in 2008, I posted a "goodbye" message, saying that I had beaten the devil that is crossdressing into submission. Nobody tried to chide me, saying I would be back.

Obviously, I was wrong. I lasted a whole year, but found the need growing again, at the most inopportune time... since I had thrown out most of my stuff!

Anyway, I'm back now and wanted to welcome you to the forums.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwildly View Post
    Every-time I think I find someone that is like me, or someone that is into cross dressing they always seem to turn out being really creepy perverts. Why?
    By creepy, do you mean you are paranoid (easy to do) or is it the CD's who are really hairy who throw on some frilly panties and cal themselves a female?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

meeting others

I have not yet met another cd, but I would like to, and have tried , I don't seem to get past talking on the fourm. I read about others who have met and talked or have a dressing party trying different things and getting a honest opinion of how it looks.
    All of which sounds fun just haven't had that opportunity.

Alanea Reder

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm inately suspicious of other people I meet on line...especially if they seem to be in a hurry to meet.
    That's so true. It's part of the reason I don't post my photo. There are some nice people out there, but there are a lot of pervs too.

crossdresser like me

I share the same problem as you because I live in a place where this is not allowed...

80/20?

I've found most people here really really nice. I've had a small % want to have a sexual escapade. After telling them no way jose they quickly say that being friends is ok too and then I don't hear from them again.

Katie

if someone asks about meeting up, I generally wont do it unless I know their full intentions. I don't do hookups, it's just that simple. There are plenty of CD'd that just want to go out and be themselves, and that's all.

Out & about does NOT mean available.

I think if you intend to meet someone you should read this first

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=93981
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

[SIZE=4]One of the fastest ways to meet people, and maybe a few crossdressers, is to make a sign and hold it up at a busy intersection. If nothing else you will learn some choice wording and new hand signs.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]This frorum is an excellent place to meet folks and figure out if you really want to meet with them in person. I have met a number of folks on here that I have eventually gotten to meet in person and had a great time. Many of the other folks out there have a different agenda than you and other thought processes but they are still CDs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Give it some time, look around, join a local group, go to a convention or a meeting and learn a bit more. You will eventually find others.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Just depends on where you've looked and where you are at.

when I started to want to meet others I joined a safe group I tried TRI ESS. Everyone was wonderful and there was not sexual agender there. All the girls I meet were fun to be with and several wives also attended. That chapther even had a mary Key rep. eachmeeting to help you learn makeup. That was a NY area chapter. It has closed as a tri Ess group now.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I only know of only one creepy pervert here!

And, I've been online here A LOT the last 2 1/2 years!

Plus, I physically met many of the girls from CD.com at the SCC in Atlanta. They were ALL super!

They were even accepting of the "creepy pervert"! I didn't realize I could be accepted by so many nice CD/TG girls!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]"I have been looking for years now to find other people like me."[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]So just how "like me" are you looking for? We're all at least a little different in nature and tastes and talents. That combined with an innate highly developed sense of paranoia makes making real CD friends a little difficult, but it can be done. I consider myself very fortunate in finding a real friend close by, okay 25 miles close. I've also been snubbed by other CDs even closer. Just part of life in the naked city! [/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwildly
    I have been looking for years now to find other people like me. It seem like an impossible act. Every-time I think I find someone that is like me, or someone that is into cross dressing they always seem to turn out being really creepy perverts. Why?
    [SIZE="2"]I came here to find kindred spirits, but not all crossdressers are the same. It’s an ongoing process trying to find people who share similar feelings, interests, or viewpoints – I’m doing it right now, and it’s a long, tedious process at best. Keep in mind that many members (who may be like you in some way) simply don’t write too much. Just keep probing around, and you’ll find a few friends. The best thing to do is express yourself on some topic – other crossdressers will read your thoughts, and you will establish a connection. Many of us are shy, or a bit tentative about reaching out, so you need to stick your neck out a bit and see what happens. I’m fortunate to have friends from all corners of the site, even though our particular take on crossdressing is wildly divergent – it goes beyond merely dress-up and becomes a search for the internal sensibilities we may share. I’m lucky that I have found a few special souls I can relate to…[/SIZE]

Meeting others

Debs and I have met several people from here and we have become really close friends with quite a few of them, one couple that I met from here before Debs and I got together became as family and supported me through the break up of my first TG relationship, they have now become family to both Debs and myself, 5 forum members came to out wedding, one walked me down the Aisle(along with my youngest son) to meet Mr Debs, and another member signed our marriage certificate as a witness.

When Debs and I have our commitment ceremony as Debs & Sheila several members will be there, and our best man and bridesmaids will be from the friends we have made on the forum

I think that while we have been lucky in our friends, it is not uncommon, there are a heap of great people in the community & I am soory the ones you have met have turned out not to be among them

I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me