Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are crossdresser so hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm inately suspicious of other people I meet on line...especially if they seem to be in a hurry to meet.
    yes i agree with that as well don't like to be rushed
    Mistybtm

Hi, Max.

I spos im a bit different As i deal with a lot of people on a day to day detail. so, as it is i dont meet many dressers because we dont have many here where we Jos & i live,
    i know of 5 people, & of those i see is only 2 about once in a few months we dont even have any groups with in 100 miles of here. most of my trans friends are in australia who i have contact with every night . & those on our forums & really thats it.
    i see you are a lot younger than i ,
    .so the difference is im in womens groups & most of my other friends are women . & that has taken allmost 3 years to be a part of & have those women as friends . it takes time & yes time for others to get to know you & you them,

i know you have groups in the states so as the others have said email them & get on thier web sites like i have & youll meet with some neat people on here in the main most of us are real people & we have contact through our forum .
    dont be put off as it does take time to have friendships real ones that is.

...noeleena...

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    around were i live, most of the cross dressers are flamboyant gay boys, i havnt yet met someone who is in a relationship who cross dresses

Aspiring Member
    I used to have an AOL account . the chat rooms for crossdressers ,seemed to me ,were used for hook ups and from what I could tell, many were trolling 4 meet . Aol went from crossdressers were seprate from the G&L groupes to being stuffed right in the midle of them . from the inquires I feilded I dont wonder why . Yea Creapy!

I have never met or even seen a crossdresser in public where I live. I have seen a few in New York City but never out here on the Island. Makes me feel like I am all alone out here. I am sure there are more then I can even imagine. Just never seen anyone in public. I don't go out enfem myself.
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

Being a private shy person, just coming to terms with it is difficult enough. Meeting others in person would be hard to do. All of the above comments about safety and intentions are right on.

Yes it is hard, so many of us are deep in the closet, and it would be hard to tell we are CD's, and we won't tell! I personally have gone to many trans sites and have found even many of them are creepy. Thats why so many of us are here, we don't do creepy here.
    Thats not to say we don't have people here that might like more than a handshake, but no one here seems to be here to just hook up, and if two people find a mutual attraction, there is nothing wrong with that. It may not be face to face, but for a lot of us, it's as close as it gets. And if you stick around, who knows, you might get lucky and meet someone from your part of the world, that you can relate to.
    Finding someone starts with a simple hello, and then see what you have in common, after all we are a lot more than just the clothes, and after fashion, what else do you share to talk about.
    Tina B.

happy alone

I am very happy dressing as a women .have been most of my life.since I found this site .. I know im not alone in what I feel.now I realy need to find the courage to let Krissie live.. be alive and free from ..??? see there are lots of people who are not what they seem ... wether they are looking for intelectual/sexual input who knows.I so much need to run around in the woods in a sundress and panties it pains me allways.sombody to run with would be nice but for now a nice pink nitie and comfy panties does just fine.

Ask here on the forum for anyone close to you and in time you'll havew a few responces.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

every body also seems to be in the closet but there is alot of dressers here my sisters told me and where to go dressed i just love my sister

Because we are terrified of being exposed for who we truly are. In the South like you live in it is even worse. The good ole boys network would pummel you to death if you were caught wearing women's clothes. Certain parts of the country are more accepting for some reason.
    Michelle

keep checking around but be careful dont fall prey to creeps

It depends on where you live and what you are looking for. The hard part is not in finding other CD's if you don't mind those that simply want to get together for sex.

Hmm? Same could be said if a GG was asking the question of where to find a man...

Back to the question.
    It's hard to find one that has the same degree of interest as you do. Like maybe married to an understanding accepting wife. One that does not want to just jump in the sack etc. I'd love to find other CD's that are in good strong relationships with their SO. One that shares the same or similar ethics or moral values as I do. As a group, we crossdressers are as diverse as any other segment of the population. Just like finding non-CD friends, I would not do well with a guy friend that is into hockey, baseball and basketball, since I'm into golf, fishing and football.
    As others have said, we tend to keep it to ourselves about our dressing since we have to be careful of who knows and can they be trusted. so we are somewhat secretive...if we are smart. No need to lose a job or otherwise be outed simply because we want friends. So we are very careful in seeking out others like us.

Locally, there are many CD's on Craig's List. If I was looking for sex with another CD, it could be arranged in an hour! But that's not my cup of tea. So like I said, it depends on what kind of crossdresser you are looking for. What activities you want to share.

I've seen a few cross gendered people in my area, but you surely don't go up and ask them about it or share what you are into. Perhaps the best place is the few clubs that accept us and cater to us. But most of those are gay bars, so even then, you have to be careful of what it is you want to find.

Maxwildly,

I can understand as I am from Arkansas myself. It seems most are in the closet here. Little Rock and Fayetteville areas seem to have a lot of crossdressers and other transgender peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    And, I've been online here A LOT the last 2 1/2 years!

Plus, I physically met many of the girls from CD.com at the SCC in Atlanta. They were ALL super!

They were even accepting of the "creepy pervert"! I didn't realize I could be accepted by so many nice CD/TG girls!
    You know I love you! Cant wait to see you again in September!
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Why are crossdresser so hard to find

sorry to here that most crossdressers I have met have been very nice

Post Finding people in your area!!!

That is a good one and as many before have said it already. Take it slow and get to know!!!! When you find someone and you will, Meet in a public place!! I placed an add on the meet and greet section and seem to have found some very nice ladys out there. I even went to meet a lady from this site and she was great. Not at all creepy!! Not all are what they seem to be. Use caution at all times. try to let friends know where your going and with who. I wish you luck in your search. Just make sure that your looking in the right places!!! If you find yourself in the Minneapolis, MN area I would meet with you. After I get to know more about you first!!!!!
    The lonely flower in the desert wearing HEELS

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    You are going about it all wrong ! You have to place a pair of strappy heels and a cute little black dress in a public place. Then you have to throw a wig over their head when they start circleing. Be careful though, they tend to get fiesty if anything clashes.

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Secret Agent Crossdresser felesaerius's Avatar
    By all means, I'm here if you'd like to chat! My sn on yahoo is 'felesaerius' (without the quotes). There's also an IRC channel that... doesn't have a whole lot of CD's on it, but I'm one of the main ones on there, so we should grow! Feel free to message me. :-)

Silver Member
    You DO know how. You have found them already. There are hundreds and hundreds right here. PM people you would like to meet. Pay some attention to where people are located. Don't try to make friends with someone in California if you live in DC. And remember, some here are really freaked out at the thought of ANYONE knowing who they are, so you will get some rejections. But there are many here who are very friendly and who may be lonely too. Just go for it. I have made many good friends on this forum, but you have to be willing reach out.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I love this site and have made some really good friends. Unfortunately, I have not met any local to spend real time with. But like someone else said, you do have to be careful. As much as I love this site. maybe the fault is with some of the members not putting their general location if not the city they live in, in their profile. Also it would help to see ages in the profile pages. I have nothing against younger or older CD's, but to find friends with something (other then dressing) in common, usually is someone in your own age group. So many do not even list a state let alone a general area of their state. And what's with not listing your age? It sure woudl help you and everyone looking for friends locally.

[QUOTE]I have been looking for years now to find other people like me. It seem like an impossible act. Every-time I think I find someone that is like me, or someone that is into cross dressing they always seem to turn out being really creepy perverts. Why? [QUOTE]

I do not know what you mean when you say "like me". CDs are a very diverse group. For more than a decade I have made attempts to develope relationships with CDs who at least have some of the same interests as I do. I have belonged to two local groups, have contacted many from various sites, etc. including those who live within about a 40 mile area of me.

I have found some with whom I feel comfortable. Unfortunately, most of them live in other states. Many "local" CDs seem to prefer the "bar scene" which is not my "thing" or are interested in a type of relationship that is more than just friends. There are some local CDs with whom I feel comfortable. However, it is very difficult to get together with them on any regular basis (with one or two exceptions) for whatever reasons. Many say "Yes, they want to meet" but then do not show up.

I suppose all one can do is keep trying and hoping.
    Hugs, Carole

Have you looked in the closet?
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by maxwildly View Post
    I have been looking for years now to find other people like me. It seem like an impossible act. Every-time I think I find someone that is like me, or someone that is into cross dressing they always seem to turn out being really creepy perverts. Why?
    Any support groups in your area? Most are incredibly helpful.

Request for more information

You have come to the right place to get your answer. However, for future reference it would be helpful if you would give us more information to work with. For example what are you and what are you looking for. One size does not all in this community? A simple cross dresser is not the same as a transvestite much less a transsexual. What do you consider to be a creepy pervert? Where have you been looking? Information of this sort will help us target our answers.