Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being transgendered

Being transgendered

How does anyone discern the difference between fantasy and self-realization? Does it matter? ....just askin'.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    There's a difference?

Kathi

There is a difference when you live it everyday 24/7. The fantasy part kind of slips out the window.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 05-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I don't even know what self-realization means?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

for most they both start the same way. for the trans person it feels correct inside it is not about dressing in female cloths but looking the way you feel. For the crossdresser it is something that makes you feel good for a short time stress releif or sexual but just more for fun and excitement.like breaking the rules (almost like going fast on a highway)

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Fantasy is walking down the street in the hottest fashions arm in arm with the ladies of sex in the city. Fantasy is about you and only you. It is narcasistic at best.
    Self realization is being the best person you can be. For most of us it involves accepting who you are and how you fit in the world. Self realization is walking down the street in a comfy pair of jeans holding hands with your spouse and your kids and realizing that it is better than any fantasy that you could ever dream up.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

The difference is accepting reality "as is" as opposed to making your own. We are quite capable of doing both.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    for most they both start the same way. for the trans person it feels correct inside it is not about dressing in female cloths but looking the way you feel. For the crossdresser it is something that makes you feel good for a short time stress releif or sexual but just more for fun and excitement.like breaking the rules (almost like going fast on a highway)

Gerri, i must say that is most inciteful....never tought of it that way...but it is so true .

thanks for making me think

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I think of the difference in very much the same way that Gerrijerry does.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    There is a difference when you live it everyday 24/7. The fantasy part kind of slips out the window.
    I have to agree with Kelly.

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't even know what self-realization means?
    Here you go Karen ...... google the idiots best friend ......... I use it a lot

Webster's dictionary defines self-realization as:
    "The fulfillment by oneself of the possibilities of one's character or personality."

Seems a good definition to me

I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Hi,

Oh dear you mean whats real & whats acting or make belive.
    Fantasy , to belive your some thing you are not .

Now i dont have a problem with that if in its own context you know its not real.

For this kid my life as a woman is real no play acting no trying to be some one im not & the best part, is being accepted for who i am as a person in thier own right,

& yes , ........ it does matter a lot .........to me to know who you are & not try to be what was being accepted that you should be by others , had enough of that for 50 damm years , sorry those ?? really do get to me .
    Im just..... so...... thankfull iv had 12 years to be able to be my self . & YES a WOMAN.,

...noeleena...

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Im still in fantasy mode coz Im stuck at home!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Fantasy is walking down the street in the hottest fashions arm in arm with the ladies of sex in the city. Fantasy is about you and only you. It is narcasistic at best.
    Self realization is being the best person you can be. For most of us it involves accepting who you are and how you fit in the world. Self realization is walking down the street in a comfy pair of jeans holding hands with your spouse and your kids and realizing that it is better than any fantasy that you could ever dream up.
    Very well said

Fantasy is when you walk into a bar and think you're the hottest chick in there and thinking everyone is drooling over you
    Reality is when you walk into a bar and know one even gives you a second look

I agree with Susanne and Kelly I feel very right and happy just being myself 24/7

To be honest, if I wasnt still living at home with my mother (Who said she would have a heart attack if she saw Kara), I would be Kara 24/7.

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I would suggest that fantasy is one step in the visualization of where you want to go. It is the "Reaching for the stars" part. Self-realization is knowing how far it is possible to move on that path and is the "while keeping your feet on the ground" part.

As with so much else we do, finding the balance between them is so important and so difficult.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Fantasy is maybe something out of the ordinary you would like to do and self realisation is something that you needed to do , although i am sure you could fantasise about doing what you need to do as much as doing what you have fantasized about doing .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

For me fantasy was just dreaming of how I'd love to be

and

Realisation was when I discovered that it was possible after all

Fantasy is early form of of self-realization. Because fantasy is a form of exploration it is the first step to self-realization. Without fantasy we can only be what our parents and culture have trained us to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Fantasy is early form of of self-realization. Because fantasy is a form of exploration it is the first step to self-realization. Without fantasy we can only be what our parents and culture have trained us to be.
    Very well put. On my off days from work i am 24/7 the only time i dress in drab is when i go to work or have errons to run, othere than that i am always dressed.
    Mistybtm

Fantasy can be practice for realization or it can be fantasizing just for fun, a way to get to where it would not be possible or practical in real life.

However believing and living in a non-realistic fantasy world keeps you from getting to where you really could go. They used to call that "pipe dreams".

Self-realization or self actualization (in Psychology: the achievement of one's full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world. Dictionay.com) is when we are able to live the life we previously strove for and dreamed of.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    The difference is accepting reality "as is" as opposed to making your own. We are quite capable of doing both.
    “I reject your reality and substitute my own” (Adam Savage, Mythbusters)

For me the most difficult part is to figure out how much of my fantasy is actual reality pushed away by guilt and fear.

I’m working on it… and it’s a fascinating process, although very painful at times.

olga

Fantasy is what we dream for ourselves. Realization is the courage we have within us.

Hopefully the former begets the latter!

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"