Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been pulled over by the police while dressed?

Have you ever been pulled over by the police while dressed?

If you have what was the officers reaction?

I've been stopped by the police while dressed. It was late after midnight I was parked in a small roadside public picnic area. I was outside my vehicle when I saw a car turn down the lane leading into the park. I quickly got in my vehicle and tried to pull out but to late the car was a police car and trapped me in. He got out came up to my window and asked what I was doing I said out for a drive and got tired stopped to walk around a bit before driving on. It seems I had gone into a park that was off limits after 10p.m. and since I was from out of town he let me go with a warning.

Wouldn't he have some story to tell everyone at the donut shop that night. Really I was from out of town as I had moved from that area a year prior to this happening so I did know about the curfew on the park but just wanted to walk around dressed.

Ok lets hear your stories BTW he never once said anything about the way I was dressed that shocked me.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Banned Read only
    no, not yet! its a definite fear of mine, because I drive a loud red sports car that just seems to attract the police

No, thank God ! But about 4 years ago coming home late at night ( enfemme of course ) a police car followed me for three blocks, and then they parked in front of my house for about 10 minutes. I was dressed conservately, except for the mini.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Nope, but I have a feeling that now that I've declared that that it's going to happen and have totally jinxed myself.

Banned Read only
    Have not been pulled over YET!!..lol But have been follwed once by a State trooper on the interstate though for about 10 miles, then he flew past me like I wasn't even moving after giving me a heart attack when he turned on his lights..

Gold Member
    I have, nothing happened aside a citation for my moving violation

Cops ain't gonna care, as long as you are not wearing pantyhose on your head and there was a bank robbery.

Also would not help if you were wearing white after labor day, the fashion police will arrest you.
    And in the fashion police mobil, the song "Do you think I am sexy" by Rod stewart will be playing back to back with LAdy Gaga songs...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

[SIZE="4"]Hi Venessa,
    I have been stopped by the police twice while dressed. The first time I had just stopped to get a soda out of a vending machine at a closed gas station. He never said why he stopped me, but I'm sure he was checking why I was in a closed station well after midnight. Sent me on my way, never said a thing about the way I was dressed, {this was @1980}.
    I was stopped the second time at a DUI check-point and this cop had a good time at my expense. He wanted to know why I was dressed "that way". I told him I was at a costume party and since I didn't drink I was the designated driver and had just taken some people home and was going back for more. He liked that but before he let me go he called over a few more cops so they could get a good look and all had a big laugh. I should have told him the truth, that I was a CD but at the time I just wanted out of there. {that was @ 1990}.
    If it happened today I would no doubt tell the truth and let them deal with it.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

My b/f has a very fast car, and I like to drive it fast. I have been pulled over about 4 times, nothing happened..not even a ticket! Admit, that you were speeding, be polite, and never cry lol. Flirting doesn't hurt either. Our cops are pretty cool, at the least the ones I have come in contact with.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Twice!

Once coming home late at night from downtown Portland. I didn't come to a "complete" stop at a stop sign. I didn't notice that an officer was right there looking for DUI drivers. He pulled me over I think more just to see if I had been drinking, and I told him I only had one drink hours ago. He took my license and registration. I kept telling myself just be cool and this will turn out OK. He came back and said "have a nice night, and be sure to come to a complete stop next time."

The next time I was on a business trip in Massachusetts. After working late I went back to the hotel and got dressed to go out, but it was really too late to do anything. So I stopped and got a coffee at Dunkin Donuts and drove around looking for places I would go shopping the next night I was able to go out earlier. I found a Kohl's about a mile away, and a Marshals store in a shopping center close to the hotel. When I drove into the hotel parking lot an officer drove up right behind me. As I got out of the car he came up to me and asked for my license. I gave it to him, and explained I was just looking for places to shop. He had me get back into the car and wait. He came back and wanted to know my room number in the hotel. I am sure he called the hotel to verify I was indeed a guest. It took about 15 minutes, but he finally motioned me over to his car and seemed to buy my truth. He said that there had been break-ins at that shopping center and it looked like I was casing the place. He took off, and I started to breath a little easier.

Note that in both cases the officers were polite. I was polite and cooperated with every request. My picture on my licenses is old and shows me with a full beard, and it clearly has an M in the gender field. In both cases my gender presentation was never mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

Pulled Over

A few years ago I was coming home from a GG friends place from a night of dancing. I drove into a checkstop setup by the city cops. I was asked how my night was and if I had been drinking. I was calm on the outside but shaking on the inside. The male cop was nice but his partner was rude(a GG). I don't know what her problem was but a few minutes later I was on my way.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

1 for 2

Two stops,one ticket.I had to pass the "field test" in heels..not so easy to do.I don't drink and drive as a result of that "test"..not even one..I had had only a draft beer and knew that I would pass after the gymnastic program...Which could become a real bad scene,easily,with the wrong officers in the wrong place..Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I have, nothing happened aside a citation for my moving violation

Cops ain't gonna care, as long as you are not wearing pantyhose on your head and there was a bank robbery.

Also would not help if you were wearing white after labor day, the fashion police will arrest you.
    And in the fashion police mobil, the song "Do you think I am sexy" by Rod stewart will be playing back to back with LAdy Gaga songs...
    I am going to call foul on this. I believe that the use of Rod Stewart and "Lady" Gaga "songs" would constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

Yes, I was pulled over last year by a city cop while on my way to my favorite night club. I was wearing a new halter dress and had done an exceptionally good job with my makeup that night. I noticed the policeman at an intersection as I passed. He turned out behind me and turned on his lights. I could not imagine what I had done wrong. He asked asked me for my license and registration. As I handed them over to him I asked why he stopped me. He said that there was a reported stolen vehicle matching the description of my car. He asked if I still lived at the same address listed and I said yes. After verifying everything was current and correct he told me to have a good evening. I went on to the club.

I really think it was a bogus stop. He saw me pass through the intersection and just wanted to get a better look.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Long story short

Been pulled over twice, once by Sheriff, once by State police for bad lane lane and suspected DWI, sidewalk field sobriety test ( done dressed in a ghetto neighborhood with the 'brothers' watching) and Breathalyzer failed to prove them right. In both cases not a word was mentioned about the fact I was cross dressed. Its irrelevant to them, they're only concerned about the alleged charge or reason they pulled you over, period. They can get into trouble if they stray off that tract. When they approach the car I hand them my license with male picture and announce thats me, I'm a cross dresser. Not a comment made. Have no fear.

Stopped twice

I've been stopped twice: both times it was for defective equipment on the car (a tail-light). One time it was my car; the other time it was a state car. I didn't get a citation either time, and I didn't get anything but polite efficiency from the officers. They took my license and insurance card, did their check of my i.d., made no remarks about what I was wearing, told me to get the lights repaired, and sent me on my way. When I was stopped in the state car, the officer said that he wouldn't have stopped me if he had noticed the "exempt" plate.
    I had dreaded this happening, but I don't dread it anymore. I wasn't asked on those two occasions, but if I'm ever stopped again when I'm in fem mode, I'll just tell the truth.
    warmly, Linnea

I have been pulled over twice well after midnight while driving home after a night out with the girls. Once in San Francisco by the highway patrol and given a very thorough DUI test, which I passed. The second time was in Detroit and again given a DUI test (passed it again), though not as thorough as the first time. Both times I was treated by professionals. My only fear was getting a DUI and having to deal with all the resulting issues and restrictions, costs, etc.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I was stopped once for RBT (random breath test, the Australian version of a DUI sobriety test, where you blow or speak into a machine that measures the alcohol in your breath), on the way home from one of our Tuesday night cafe nights in August last year.

The cop did everything by the book, including asking to see my license, which I handed to him. He looked at my male license, barely even looked at me, returned my license and sent me on my way.

I was smiling and almost laughing at the time, because I figured that he was more uncomfortable about it than I was. I'd previously read a comment by a cop who basically said that, regardless of their of opinion of "those sorts of people", they know that if they say something out of place, it could cost them their job.

A post from a few years back (again), on whether CDing was illegal...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127373

Mitzi

Yes, once.
    I had been out for a ride that evening (the only time I went out was when I could hide in the car) when I ran smack dab into a DUI checkpoint.
    I tried to find a way to evade, but they select their setup points very carefully and there is no way out.
    When it was my turn to go through, they asked for my license and proof of insurance, which I provided, and was told "Thank you Mr. xxxx, please drive carefully"
    He was very polite, but I still made a beeline for the house and to change my panties.

I was wearing a white blouse under a red sweater and a knee length skirt.
    It was a day I will never forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

I've been pulled over for minor traffic violations twice (once for a rolling stop, once for a headlight out).

Both times, I was wearing a skirt, hose, heels and femme top, but not much makeup other than lipstick. One of the times I was also wearing long dangling earrings.

The way I was dressed was not mentioned at all either time. I just went through the usual routine, got a warning and was sent on my way. Of course, my 'nightmare' was that I would hear 'Please step out of the car'... but it didn't happen.

Since then, I've become more confident that any officer would be professional about the issue, especially in the progressive area I live it, but I would still hate to be in a situation where they pull me over for something more severe and end up impounding the car or taking me back to the station

That is one reason why I am VERY careful about how much I drink while out. Even though I can drink about a beer/hour and still be under the limit, I keep it well less than that and stop drinking at least an hour before driving. I do NOT want to end up in the 'drunk tank' in a skirt and hose!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Goes along with my theory NV Susan, most cops are frustrated school yard bullies!

Been stopped once and that was one of those bogus stops just to offer some proof that the officer was actually working early in the AM. No ticket, no warning, and no comments at all about my outfit.

Things have changed much since the early days and I think that it would be rare to get anything but the most professional treatment from our peace officers anymore.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

No, but I did once find them on my doorstep looking for directions
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Once in the '90s I was with a carload of TG friends trying to visit a drag show at a spot in Boton. We turned down (unkowingly) a one-way street, and a cop was right there. Gave me a warning. He looked gay, there were no problems... and left. We just stayed calm, and all turned out wonderfully....!
    (Of course, that was a supportive situation..)
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

sunny southern california/Henderson Nevada
    Omg where do I begin lol, I live in California but I drive to Nevada where I help out my sister by babysitting my niece for 3 days out of the week. I pretty much do a lot of driving and I noticed you get pulled over more at night time than the day time. I had 1 incident where the highway patrol pulled me over just to chit chat. I had 1 incident where he could not believe it was me so i talked in boy mode and he freaked out. I have been pulled over lots of times but this 1 time is stuck in my memory. The officer pulled me over said good morning (it was around 2am) asked for license, reg etc. gave him my stuff, he walks to his car, when he gets half way he turns around and asks me why did I give him a wrong license, I told him thats my license, so he looks at me again and laughs, told me he can give me a ticket for indecent exposure (i was wearing a short skirt but not like a hooker short skirt) after I argued and told him that he was being unfair he pulled me out of the car, he told me to wait outside the highway (its the 15fwy so its pretty much a cold cold desert at night) finally he gave me my documents back and said ok sir have a good one. Im a big cry baby I cried the last 2 hours until i got to my sisters. Some cops can be okay, I have met really nice ones, but there is those who can be disrespectful