Thread: Hypothetical question

Hypothetical question

If you wanted to live as a woman but for one reason or another couldn't, how would you achieve your dream?
    What would you be willing to do to achieve your dream, or would you just let it be and carry on your life and live with the regret?

Personally i'm happy as I am. Like all of us on here, I imagine, I have often wondered what it would be like to be a woman, also about being born a GG.

I'm sure if the yearning was that strong I would become a woman through GRS/hormones etc. I feel for others that long to and pleased for those who achieve thier dream, though as said not for me, I'm happy as I am

Everything is in degrees.

I don't know Deb. I have often thought that if I had the strong desire to transition, that I would just sacrifice and carry on for my wife's and family's sake. However, since I have never had a continuous active desire to transition, I really can't say what I would do or how I would face the agony in choosing how I should handle it.

That must be such a tough decision for the person facing it.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I am quite happy as I am, I can be a lady when I want, or revert back to my male form, When need be. NO REGRETS,

I've got the best of both worlds,

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I had the opportunity to pursue transition to the finish but chose not to. Why? Because I realized there is much more to life than simply being one or the other. Managing full spectrum feelings is the real challenge to myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

To me, this is a simple question to answer. But first, i have never really considered living as a woman, beyond so much younger thoughts about it, but never very serious thoughts. So how would I carry on? Just as I have. As a CD. I like the change between my drab male mode and then the looks and feelings of being a woman. Don't thik I'd change that if I could.

I have no desire to transition or become a woman in any way. Sure I would love to be able to dress every day without the pressure that society puts on us, But that is the way it is so for me it is "just let it be and carry on your life and live with the regret"
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

That is kind of a hard question for me. If I was living in my own house alone, I probally would be Kara all the time. The thing is though, I have no desire to go through HRT/GRS....

Actually, that is a lie. There are times when I get the overwhelming urge to what to transition perminantly... But that only lasts for a while then it goes away.

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Yea, I wish

I would loooove to be out in the open, just being me without all the bull that comes with it, So, I guess I mean yes

I don't know what to say. I don't know if you could actually call me a woman or not. I'd still be Samantha the CD. And I would love to be Samantha B L the CD 24/7. For the time being circumstances won't permit.

I guess it would depend just what it was holding me back. I don't think I could do that to a woman that I have been married to for the better part of 40 years. The risk of losing my grand kids would also be a real stopper for me. I guess I'm just lucky enough not to have to make that decision, as I have never really thought of transitioning as something I really needed to do.
    I generally find if I spend a week on two as Tina, it's like going on vacation, and It feels good to get home, put on a pair of pants and not having to bother shaving for a few days. So I guess I would probably settle on living my life as I have, even if it wasn't what I wanted. 40 years ago, I might of had a different answer.
    Tina B.

Well, Debs, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm letting it be, and going on with life as it is, and living with the regret. We all have choices to make, and I made a commitment to my wife long ago that supercedes any other wants, needs, and desires. So I will remain her husband, whether she accepts my crossdressing or not, and carry the burden of regret. And the little voice in my head knows it's just better this way for everybody, including me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Well i have come up with this little hair brain plan to get over that which i would be very happy to do but would only affect my life in one way instead of all ways .
    The one major problem of being seen to be living as a woman for some is exactly that "being seen as a woman" so i thought it would be grate to have the woman body but still present ( dress) as a male in public in that way i would just need a few body changes and apart from my wife no one else would know and although you may think i am mad (OK i am mad) i would be very happy with that , yes there may come a time that i would want to dress incognito to my sex but not looking feminine i could talk myself around that .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I so very much want the whole nine yards, FFS+SRS+HRT. But I would not do it if in he process I have to loose my kids or my job.

Maybe that is what I am doing now ...
    i hope that i do not look back and say i wish i had, should have, could have
    i try and look after my family
    manage my department
    pay the bills
    help my neighbours
    etc
    so life itself is busy, sand I try not to set unreasonalbe standards or expections of others [QUOTE=Deborah Jane;2142419]If you wanted to live as a woman but for one reason or another couldn't, how would you achieve your dream?
    its a great question becasue i think ones answer coould change day to day as life finds a way

What would you be willing to do to achieve your dream, or would you just let it be and carry on your life and live with the regret?[/QUOTe

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    If you wanted to live as a woman but for one reason or another couldn't, how would you achieve your dream?
    What would you be willing to do to achieve your dream, or would you just let it be and carry on your life and live with the regret?
    It's interesting to see the responses to your question.

So speaking for myself, a youthful-middle-ager, I see the question as the classic dileama of those of us on the middle path. Information was not readily available in our formative years as it is right now so we did what society would have us do. We built our lives, families, careers, which is all good but it was done without full disclosure as to what this TG thing was all about.

As such, here I am loving both sides of my compartmentalized life, yet struggling by the minute/hour/day, depending on how things are going inside my head. Will I have the strength to avoid succombing to transition? I cannot say for sure. Will whatever decisions I make now lead to regret? Again, I have no clue. All I can do is take it one day at a time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The way it is worded, you are asking an unanswerable question. If I wanted to be a woman, but I could not...how would I achieve my dream of being a woman?

"If I think, and therefore I am...am I just a thought?"

Oh ok, I'll play...

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian”
    --Dennis Wholey

Life is not fair, I am used to it. I got used to it my first time in court. So I adapted.

First I decide what I want. In this case, I guess I want to be a woman. (pretending, not really) So, first I acknowledge it to whoever is stopping me, then leave and find a way to do it anyway. If that does not work, I make a list of all my options. The one that gets me closest to becoming a woman, I take. The rest I accept since I do not spend my time worrying about things I cannot change.

Real world example... I just decided I really want to experience having "real" breasts. Having breast surgery would be committing "social suicide", so I did the next best thing. I bought a vacuum pump and started pumping, lol. It is enough to make me happy and that is the goal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eluuzion beat me to it. If you rephrase the question it will answer itself. Its all about perception and if there is some absolutely positive way to prevent this from happening then it simply wont happen. The problem lies with the question.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

The avvy pic isn't me

Not enough data

I'm in a re-building phase, lost a wife, had to move in with my brother, economy took my job, entered re-hab for acoholism, encurred serious financial debt, etc, etc. You know, life happened! I'm now re-employed, but still have other things to deal with. This is all keeping me from seriously exploring me and Cassie and how we will proceed.
    I know that i would love to spend the majority of my time as Cassie and when i get there it will be the ultimate learning experience, and who knows after that. All options are on the table, up to but not including full SRS transitioning.
    Long answer for i'm unsure at the moment. mj (Cassie)

Minus the triple six.. :)
    For me it's not hypothetical. I got to a point that I would rather die than continue living as things were.

So for me, the desire was more like a necessity.

Admittedly, I was able to come to terms easier than many because I was no longer in a relationship, and got laid off from my job, so there was not a whole lot to lose, besides my depression.

Now I have to build a whole new life, but I was going to have to anyway, so I am maybe a bit lucky in that regard.
    I'm gone!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I would do what I'm doing now: muddle through and hope that my feelings crystalize one way or the other as to what was most important to me and whether I could keep going as I had been.

As I have told my gender therapist: I have this nagging feeling that at some point in my life, I am going to go 24/7 for a time to see how I like it. It is more like a question of when than if, and a question of what "24/7" means to me when I get there.

[SIZE=2]Hypothetical & serious answer to that, simple, I would much rather die than live a lie as a man.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]