Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I Really Wear This?

dresses

Julie:

I absolutely the dress you presently own. The second one is Ok.

gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

dresses

Julie:

The red dress suggested by Susandrea would look great on you!

gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Yeah, go for red Dress - just beautyful!
    Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Departed
    OMG! What will I do about shoes? And what type of purse would work? I have some red heels but they are more like espadrilles. One is all denim material and the other is red with beige macrame. Neither would work with that dress. I don't like (or should I say my feet don't like) heels with no support under the balls of the feet which is why I tend to prefer platforms. Does anyone know where I might find red platforms that would go with that dress? And then I'll need help with a purse. I want something I can carry some cosmetics as well as a small wallet since I won't have a date to carry anything for me .

You know, this is fun. I have always relied on only myself to put an outfit together but doing it this way, with the help of you ladies (CDs & GGs both), is so much more enjoyable. Thank you so much! And I promise to share pics, as long as I don't look like a linebacker!

Tristen Cox
    I hate you That dress is to die for OMG. Anyhow not sure if these really go but I can look better when I know what style you are up for. So let me know if these are close. They look comfy:
    http://www.shop.com/op/~Steven_by_St...986?sourceid=3

Departed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I hate you That dress is to die for OMG. Anyhow not sure if these really go but I can look better when I know what style you are up for. So let me know if these are close. They look comfy:
    http://www.shop.com/op/~Steven_by_Steve_Madden_Naddiaa_Women's_Slide_Red-prod-15747813-22569986?sourceid=3
    They are kind of like what I have now, too casual for that dress. Ideally I'm hoping to find red platforms with wrap around ankle straps in all red (no cork or other color heels or soles).

Sorry if I'm so picky!

I think something like this would work especialy if you can find a matching purse
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

I found these at Zappos.com... I did a search specifically for platforms. I'm not sure if these would give you the support your looking for and then there's the flowers on the heels. I thought I'd through them out there anyway.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6253624/c/5041.html

Last edited by Sigrid; 08-20-2005 at 08:23 PM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Hey Julie! Getting the dress? Yeah! Can't wait to see it.

A beaded bag solves the problem of matching the exact color red.

OR OR OR you could play it safe with the matching thing (I would) and go with these for shoes:

Found here:

http://www.gownsbysimpleelegance.com...SarahBlack9043

and a black beaded bag:

Actually, the more I think about it, the black would be better because they wouldn't fight with the dress, plain satin pumps (make sure they're comfortable) and a beaded bad, then just "diamond" studs and a little dress watch. Nothing else.

The evening bags at this site or so nice and reasonably priced I'm glad I found it!

http://www.eveningelegance.com/cgi-b...pl?dept=purses

Let us know how you look! And remember, go easy on the jewelry, let the dress and your smile be the statement!

This would be a pretty bag, too, even with the black shoes:

Have fun, babe!
    Last edited by susandrea; 08-21-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    ....we are all made of stardust

Or if you want a more summer sandal, get this in BLACK as the red may not match (and the whole look would be a bit more casual):

Found here:
    http://www.lernercatalog.com/lerner/...EA_search.asp?

And a simple black leather clutch with a jeweled clasp (you can find them for about $30 at Macys or even Sears.

Can't wait to see your pics!

P.S. For some reason I don't see this dress with a wedge heel--- it's too dressy for that. But I have been known to be wrong on occasion!
    Last edited by susandrea; 08-20-2005 at 10:45 PM.

And I found these here (dressy, but not expensive and not a killer high heel but still sexy):

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/product...=U3&cmAMS_C=C4

And all would look nice with one of the dressy evening bags, both items for about $70! Can't beat it!

I like the first pair because the wider the heel, the smaller your feet will look in comparison, and they'll be comfortable, too.

Aspiring Member
    Julie,

I think your right about the broad shoulders bit. In the dress your looking at it's way to strappy to get away with unless you have narrow shoulders. I've only got 5 dresses (I'm a skirt girl) but they all cover my shoulders fully - two of them have a sort of cowl (I'm not sure the proper name but hope you know what I mean - you can sort of see it in this dress I bought a while ago and they descibe it as a floaty sleeve and neckline) over the shoulders to hide them a bit more than the basic dress shoulders on there own. Stick with wider straps is my advice (for what it's worth).

Anne

you:sexy
    dress:ultra sexy
    you in the dress:uhhhhh? im like tristen that dress just has no back what so ever. be cautious grass hopper. she who is sexy in own right should dress own right sexy and cause many men to look. she who do not get unwanted stares. the red dress i think would look better on you then the first one.
    Last edited by samanthajay; 08-20-2005 at 11:57 PM.
    the fallen angel of love, music, and vengence samanthael fell to earth and fell in love with jay and merged with him. she is him and he is her. they love their friends and their sisters.

Departed
    Quote Originally Posted by samanthajay
    you:sexy
    dress:ultra sexy
    you in the dress:uhhhhh? im like tristen that dress just has no back what so ever. be cautious grass hopper. she who is sexy in own right should dress own right sexy and cause many men to look. she who do not get unwanted stares. the red dress i think would look better on you then the first one.
    Grasshopper, your wisdom is beyond your years. Many have fallen prey to hopes and dreams impossible to achieve. It is with your wisdom and insight I shall become one with the red dress. This shall not be obtained without great sacrifice and sorrow but it shall one day be possible with your great guidance and foresight. Your loyal subject humbly bows to your excellence. I resign myself to the quest of the red dress.

Wow -- Existentialism and CD'ing. I think we're achieving a new plateau in our evolution here.

Nahhhhh..., who'm I'm kidding.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe