Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your choice of a Doctor

I have suffered from migraine headaches since I was 12. I went to 4 male doctors that blamed everything from my weight and hormones to one saying that I needed to see a shrink. I was at wits end and was blessed when my last male doctor left and was replaced by a female. Finally someone that not only listened to me but tackled trying to find the cause.

28 years later, I will only see female PCP's as I believe that they listen more and are more concerned about your health.

Ellen

I've had a male doc for years now and he's good but very irritating to me personality wise, and has been known to make comments about my appearance.
    My fromer male doctor was like that. Heaven forbid I paint my nails or put on some eyeliner, without him making somesort of half-assed comment.

The female doctor is 110% better and alot more concerned about anything I bring up. Plus being younger and cute is a bonus *insert wink* lolz
    Imperatrix

FEEL FREE TO ADD: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...31&ref=tn_tnmn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am in the process of changing primary care physicians as my former doctor left the medical group for another position. My next physician will be male as there is no other choice. I have been treated by all the doctors in the group and my next doctor will be someone I can talk to and will trust. I doubt that any of them will bat an eye when I shw up for my physical wearing panties.
    As an aside a year ago I had an appointment with my urologist for a checkup. I have a couple pairs of mens underwear for doctor's appointments but when I dressed that morning I put on a pait of black satin panties instead forgetting about the appointment. I got to his office and was disappointed that he did not conduct a physical exam, only asked how I was doing then sent me on my way.

I go to the VA hospital or clinics and only look for good care. Who sees me or checks me over doesn't matter. I am completely shaven and don't bother taking my toe nail polish off anymore. I'll admit or even mention outright that I am a CD.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Why even mention that you are a CD? Why is it important?

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I go to the VA hospital or clinics and only look for good care. Who sees me or checks me over doesn't matter. I am completely shaven and don't bother taking my toe nail polish off anymore. I'll admit or even mention outright that I am a CD.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Physicians are basically just high paid mechanics. Whatever your medical issue is, it will not be the first time they have seen it, nor will it be the last time.

My dermatologist is female. My previous dentist was female. When I lived in Phoenix AZ my primary care physician was female (I met her at a tennis tournament). My dog's vet is a female. The marriage therapist ("the rapist") was female (still is female, lol). I had a girlfriend in Phoenix that liked to play doctor and she was female. lol

I have been totally shaved for years now. I have never encountered anything but positive responses about being shaved. Most medical professionals like it, since body hair only makes examination more difficult.

I just had hernia repair surgery a month ago. Everyone was impressed. Makes life easier for everyone.
    Last edited by eluuzion; 05-12-2010 at 01:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a male doctor. Every visit I make sure I am wearing male underwear and no nail polish or make-up.

I would prefer a female doctor. I would feel more at ease at being me wearing my female underwear. I wouldn't worry about wearing nail polish or makeup.

I know it doesn't make sense but I would just feel more comfortable. I would feel more at ease. Not that a woman doctor would be more accepting of me. I guess it just like where so many GG's prefer women doctors. I always felt like a real woman inside so maybe that's why it always felt more natural to me.

Vicki

Personally for me I have always prefered a GG for my primary care.
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

I have had male and female doctors over the years. None of them ever raised an eyebrow about my toenails, shaped eyebrows...or lack of bodyhair below the neck. They did tsk tsk me concerning "marks upon my flesh", but never hassled me about under dressing for an appointment.
    They are your Doctor, as long as your behavior does not cause harm, such as smoking, I do not think that they care.
    I agree with your decision though, we all have our own level of happy.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Why even mention that you are a CD? Why is it important?
    It goes to cause your honor. It allows the doctor to discuss things that MAY be important to you like are you considering transitioning, could that blotch on your face be from a reaction to make up. Being open and honest with your doctor allows them to think of things that would not normally be considered in a list of rule outs. Sort of like telling your spouse before you get caught. Telling your doctor lets them be prepared for possible problems down the road
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    I really think that as a whole most doctors could care less that you are a CD when it applies to giving care. Remember they are there to provide a service and if you told them you were CD they probably would simply write it down and forget about it. Katie
    That's just it. They would write it down in your permanent medical records. Where basically everyone in the healthcare industry, insurance industry have access to it. When it really has no relevance to your healthcare, and probably should just be forgotten, the same as if a woman professed a preference for wearing slacks instead of a skirt (which of course wouldn't be written in a record anywhere).
    Besides, I know from experience that there are lots of people in the healthcare field that consider us perverts; they talk about us behind our backs, and who knows whether it affects their decisions about how well to treat us. People that like you will give you better care than those who don't, and very often the reverse is also true. Don't be fooled thinking that 'professionals' don't let their personal feelings affect their behavior any more than 'non professionals'. People are people. There will be some good ones, and some bad.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

i have had both too seem to like the lady doc best but has nothing to do with my dressing

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have no preference whether my Dr is Male or Female,its their ability to treat you that should be a priority,fore instance My Dr is a family friend,on one occasion (in distant past)I had cause to have him refer me to a N.H.S. psychologist regarding my CDing,this was done Professionally by him and nothing ever got back to my family.So in my opinion I have no qualms about going to Male or Female Doctor
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson