Thread: came out to my sister yesterday

came out to my sister yesterday

So yesterday was a big step for me after a mothersday party I was at my sisters house having wine with her and her fiance. We got talking about life and such. After a few drinks we got to more personal things and I told both of them that I am a proud crossdresser and that they were the first two in the family that knows about it. Wow I would never have thought it would go so well or smoothly. I've now got my sister giving me beauty tips and she's willing to give me some of her old clothing, may be an issue saying my forms make me much larger in the chest. Her fiance is the most amazing and accepting man I've met in a long time, I love him so much and he's been a brother to me for many years now. Sorry had to rant about it, thank you to whomever reads this.
    Verthi Ther ath Gothi, Nordic for, may the good come to you.

It doesn't sound like ranting to me!
    Congratulations, telling family is quite liberating!
    Both of my sisters have known for years. Along with a lot of others.

sound like a lovely coming out to family members to me
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Thats so great that you have a family that is open minded.

I am just about to the point of telling my son that I have an Alter Ego that just happens to be female. He knows I wear some clothes that are women's and my nails are long, and polished, as well as my eye brows are thin and arched. He teases me about being a girl, and chides me about things like having my legs shaved, but I have come short of actually telling him I enjoy this side of me.

I think your very brave. I'm suspicious that my oldest knows that I dressup however its never been discussed..

Member in Training SusanLeigh3454's Avatar
    I look forward to reading the posting when you and your sister go shopping together. That should be some bonding experience.

This is great! I'm glad it went well for you
    I'm in a similar situation, debating whether to tell my sister. Its difficult though, I've heard comments from her & her bf that are not very accepting

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Didn't see the rant bit - you must have edited that out. What I did see was an immensely encouraging tale of you sharing about your cross-dressing with a remarkable couple - your sister and her BF.

Thank you for sharing that with us.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Thank you all so much, its quite liberating not to have to worry about her finding out or me slipping and saying something about it. I know rant isn't the right word but not sure when or why but I've used rant in rambles place for a long time, though they ate two very different things. Can't wait to go shopping with her, will post about it when I do.
    Verthi Ther ath Gothi, Nordic for, may the good come to you.

Coming out to a family member and having them accept you always makes you feel better about yourself and reduces internal stress. Congratulations.

Congratulations on telling your sister and for her to give you makeup advice and for your brother in law for supporting you
    Misty

WOW I wish my family was more understanding and helpfull
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Congratulations. It is always nice to have someone there as part of your support / beauty tips team.
    Michelle

That's not ranting that's bragging. If I had a sister and brother in law that was that accepting I'd be bragging too.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    That is awesome as I think we all need to be able to have someone to talk too. I hope and wish you the best with your sister and brother in law. May it bring you closer to them as time goes.

Congrats on lifting some of the weight off your shoulders.

that is great

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    That is fantastic news,you now have loved ones that will be there for you and will understand your feelings.There is nothing better than when those close to you care so much for you
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Congratulation! That is such awesome news I always like hearing about people accepting it

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Cool

I came out to my sister a couple of months ago. she was in awh. Asked me a lot of questions. and one question I was hoping she wouldn't ask. If I wore her clothes back when I was living at home. I told her I did, and that she had the greatest collection of High Heal shoes any young crossdresser could dream of. She laughed, I thought she would get mad at me. she was cool about it. She even gave me her Russian fox stole that she bought back in 1959 when she graduated from High School. How cool is that? I wore it at a Prom Queen contest and won the contest. I think the fur added to me winning. I haven't told her yet. She will love it, when I do. Amyway thats my story and I'm sticking with it.flickr.com/photos/daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I have told to friends that are girls and two friends that are guys. So far I have kept my secret from my family. I am extremely worried about how it will be taken in.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thats great

[SIZE=4]That is sooo cool to hear. I am glad for you that your Sis took it so well.[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/