Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my secret out?

Is my secret out?

I have always been very secretive about my dressing and have done my best to cover my tracks, but something has been bothering me.

I tend to go shopping with my Mother and other female relatives on a pretty regular basis, and not necessarily for clothes. But as I think back on occasions when they were shopping for clothes I always seem to be the final vote in the "what do you think of this outfit, shoes, hair style, etc . . ." conversation. Do any of you think that they may be on to me, or is it just a curiosity thing?

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    they may value a males opinion without knowing that your in between?!

id go with it and see where it goes, test them as well carefully it may be a great chance to fill them in if that what you want .

Have fun with it! Tell them to give the garment to you and you'll go put it on so they can see what it looks like for themselves!!!
    Now there's a conversation starter.

Gold Member
    Yes, your secret is out, everyone knows and is talking about it
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Joyously 27

Is your secret out

Not necessarily they probably are looking for approval of the items or hairdo. They
    would ask you if you were at home and they were wearing some thing new.

Not enough information for you to make any assumptions yet.

There is nothing to suggest that you are a suspect in anyone's mind.
    If you do become a "person of interest" in this case, the charge would more likely be "gay", not "CD".

Unless you are making comments about a dress looking better if worn with 3" heels instead of 5" spike heels. Or it being fine if worn with a 36B cup instead of 36C cup, and to avoid garters, which would be uncomfortable with that particular material. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    some discreet questions from you,could help decide if they know anything,ask them why your opinion matters to them etc
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Don't know about your family, but I have a gorgeous nephew that I love to shop with. He has an unerring eye and will shop with me for hours! When he was very young, he once helped me fold laundry while he and his brothers were staying with my sons and I. You can well imagine how many blue jeans and T shirts there were. They all looked the same to me, but he knew by the brand names which item belonged to who.

Hmmmm ... now I wonder.
    Reine

idk you haven't provided enough information for any of us to know for sure. If you don't want them to know, then you might need to be extremely careful what you say or do.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What makes you think it's a secret?
    Really, maybe they think you have good taste, after all some men do.
    Tina B.

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't assume anything. I suppose your mom & female relatives might just want your opinion.

Hi Makaila. It's hard to say without more information.

It could be that they just want a male opinion.

However you say that you go shopping on a regular basis with them. If you were married and your wife was dragging you along that's one thing. But willingly (maybe even eagerly) shopping with your mother and other female relatives for all types of feminine things is a dead give away. What other "guys" you know would do this.

I think they all obviously know you have a very feminine side to you. They may not know you dress like a woman but I don't think it would surprise them. I would say since they seem to value your opinions on feminine things I think they might be very supportive to you as Makaila. But I stress I would tread softly, look for signals of approval, drop some hints of your feminine side to your mother and see if she seems supportive. If she is than I would have a mother and "daughter" talk with her. She will know better how your other female relatives might feel towards Makaila.

Just remember this is a very serious step once you reveal Makaila there is no undoing it.

Vicki

they just want your opinion. If you told them that you are a cd'er then it would immediately make sense why you know what looks good and doesn't. I think of it as our feminine tell.
    Michelle

When I "came out" to my daughters I was told they all knew. Something about knowing way too much about fit and function of ladies wear. The whole shopping thing, of course, did not help. My eldest and youngest wear close to the same size as myself. We can trade shoes and boots as long as they are not too narrow. Occasionally we will borrow a skirt or trousers or some such.
    If you think they already know, they most likely do.
    Peace

As long as your not wearing hip hugger jeans with a flower on the pocket and your pink thong isn't showing you should be fine...But theb again when you start coordinating wardrobes better than the "real" girls they might wonder? :giggle:

Next time, try it on first before answering that question
    It doesn't have to mean anything, they're just asking your opinion.
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaila View Post
    I have always been very secretive about my dressing and have done my best to cover my tracks, but something has been bothering me.

I tend to go shopping with my Mother and other female relatives on a pretty regular basis, and not necessarily for clothes. But as I think back on occasions when they were shopping for clothes I always seem to be the final vote in the "what do you think of this outfit, shoes, hair style, etc . . ." conversation. Do any of you think that they may be on to me, or is it just a curiosity thing?

Anyone from near Altoona will be pegged a mile away! Go Nittany Lions. The Altoona Campus is beautiful.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I would think that it's just that you have shown good judgement in the past. It sounds like you are not wanting them to know, which is fine. Continue to be careful. It is great that they value your opinion. Continue to give careful, thoughtful advice. There are so very many way you could have this open up to letting them know that you crossdress, but it appears that you are not interested in them knowing - or are you secretly wanting to be out in the open?

Freddy

When you are asked say, "I have a dress just like that and it really looks nice on me." they will either laugh at your joke or have their suspicions confirmed.

just getting the opinion from a man nothing more.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaila
    [SIZE="2"]I think you’ve been incorporated into the decision-making process out of trust, no more, no less. When I go shopping with women (for clothes), and they always ask my opinion, even though I am highly closeted and undetected. I think they like me to be around, since I’m not like more typical males – being artistic, I can appreciate colors, patterns, and textures, so I’m a good shopping companion. At this point in my life I don’t worry about someone being “on” to me – I just go along with the flow, keeping my secrets to myself…

PS -- Beautiful avatar, Makaila! [/SIZE]

Opinion

IMO I think they just want a mans point of view. Nothing is out of the closet. Keep cool your fine. Enjoy giving your thoughts.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    My guess is their is they know something is different. They may think you are gay, they may think you a bit effeminate. Rare is the man's man that enjoys shopping with women for women's clothing. So Makaila, I think you are in an enviable position. I say go be a bit more bold with your opinions, tell it like it is. In the end, you will be happy you did. [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I really doubt they have any idea.

My wife used to ask my opinion all the time, and on occassion, I'll shop with my mom and she'll ask my opinion. Apparently, they do this to get a male perspective and they think I have good taste.

I thought like you did, that on some level my wife new about my CDing because of this, but she really had no idea. I thought I dropped many hints throughout our marriage, and she just thought they were jokes.

I don't think they're suspicious of you because of shopping unless you've dropped some sort of other, extraordinarily obvious hint that you are. While you may be paranoid, you have to realize that for most people, CDing isn't much of a "reality." For example, if you're caught staring at another woman, most people are going to assume that you are "checking her out," - not trying to figure out where she bought her dress.

Another example, you may have a bossy woman in your life, but you would not assume she's a dominatrix. It's actually quite a leap for people to make those connections.