Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathroom protocol...In a gay club?

I'd go to the women's restroom. I dunno... call it female intuition

Banned Read only
    Someone may have already explained this...... but the one gay bar I went to was unisex bathrooms. Hell, segregating the sexes only increases the chance of sex in a gay club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorisnycd View Post
    im gay...gender doesn't ever matter in a gay club. They may be marked, but lots of times they are not gender specific. Even if they are, go into the girls, or use a stall in mens, it doesn't matter at all.
    Yep, long before I accepted my dressing, I lived in the gay world(in boy mode), & in gay clubs/bars it was common to see both guys & girls( GG's ) in either restroom.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

mixed messages…

I totally agree with the “unwritten rule” to use the matching bathroom of the gender you represent.

But what if I’m out and just wearing a dress, no wig, no make-up, and obviously not even trying to pass?

Any thoughts on this?

olga

I go into the womens's room.
    If they have a non-gender specific restroom, like a handicapped restroom, I'll use that.
    I gurantee you a gay club will have no problem with CD/TG using women's room. That's been my experience.

It depends on the custom at the particular establishment. The easiest thing to do is ask.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Years ago, I went to a club (that's somewhat gay oriented) in male mode with my gf. The bathroom is completely mixed. For example, I am totally in drab with my gf, and we used the lady's room. Nobody cares. Just lock your door when you do your business. I haven't been to clubs for years. But I think that's pretty much the way it is in those clubs. If you are not sure, just observe for a few minutes for the people who are in and out of the restrooms, and you will get the idea about what way it is there.

I've always use the women's restroom whenever out en femme. The stalls always had doors so you are not watching or being watched. I've never had an issue or snide comment. Your attitude and demeanor is also important so act appropriately. I will sit unless there is no one in the restroom and there is no chance of anyone seeing my feet. Some times I end up chatting with someone while waiting in line so many of the GGs don't seem to mind.

Flip a coin heads- mens, tails- female. Seriously ask the bartender and see which one would be appropriate for the night. If they have a unisex bathroom then you should use it.
    Misty

When I say "guys" I mean dressed as a guy
    When I say "girls" I mean GG's, TS, CD, ect, ect.

General rule of thumb -mileage may vary-lol
    [this goes for most any Str8/Gay bars/clubs]

"Boys" use the boys room, period.
    "Girls" use the girls room, Unless it is crowed, lines to long or otherwise in use then they are free to use/invade the boys room. lol

Just please remember to sit down!
    And that goes for the "boys" room too.
    Nobody really wants to see you standing at a urinal with your skirt/dress all hiked up.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 05-15-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD