Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G.o.w.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I agree with your reasons for posting this but feel like I have to point something out. The vast majority of the time when someone makes a post like that, they are swamped by others telling them how wrong it is. So yes, I am irritated when I see posts about stealing this or that from your wife or girl friend, but I am also relieved by the overwhelmingly negative responses that usually flood in after it.

Like I said in my post Kim many of us do and it ends in a fight resulting in a thread being closed for being off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    No it's not just you who feels ashamed, many of us get irritated with those post where the OP appears to be cheating/deceiving/lying to their SO .......... unfortunately many of those posts turn into a fight between the supporters of said behavior and us in the other camp & end up getting closed down by the mods for one reason or another

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Thank god for that I ain't ready for the M word just yet,she says sitting in her fluffy slippers and flannelette nightie (am not honest lol)
    Well Debs ain't got her flannelette nightie on but she does have her slippers on Attachment 113062 she can maybe enter one of those Glamorous Old Grumpy Women competitions commonly know as a glamorous granny
    Last edited by Sheila; 05-12-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Lying Bad

I'm out so I don't have to lie. If more of them would come out, this would not be an issue.

I also believe that part of the "fun" is having a secret that no one knows about. They won't admit it, but it's true.

But the stealing, and lying to your SO is just wrong. Children, different issue, but even on this topic, if they are mature, they can handle it.

G.o.w I don't think so, someone's got to get these whippersnappers into shape!

Granny Tracy!
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

[SIZE="3"]I also wish to join the club. I am past 40 by a little more than a decade. GOW sounds like a very good title to have earned.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Just had the 30th anniversary of my 40th, am I still eligable? I lied to my wife a lot of years (25) before I came clean. Life is so good now that everything is out in the open. No more lies or deception. Will be married 44 years this month and yes, I can get dressed in front of her, she actually straightened out a wrinkle in the band of my bra this morning, saying " That will be uncomfortable as the day wears on." What a gal !!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

a trend

Picking up on the comment by Kimberly, my wife and I were just having a similar discussion over dinner about this forum. My observation over the last 5 years is that the trend seems to be toward an openness and a morality of behavior that would foster a normality of the transgendered existence. Obviously, the more we act with integrity and honesty, the more acceptance we will receive. I say this with the understanding that the first step in all of this is self-recognition and self-acceptance. Without those two items it's not possible to interact with the rest of humanity. It is clearly very difficult for someone who has been unsure of themselves for 40 years to initiate a conversation with a spouse. However, trust and ethics must be the centerpiece of our existence if we ever have a hope of becoming part of mainstream society.

just my

tina

Add me to the club Mirani. No doubt about me being a grumpy old woman. I'll bring some cheese to go with the wine if you'd like.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

40 eh! I've been 39 for the past 14 years so I guess I'm just a wannabe.

I agree there is no easier way to end a relationship than to deceive your spouse. Morals and values seem to be a thing of the past. I guess I'm just an old fashion girl.

Vicki

While I am certainly qualified to be a Grumpy Old Woman I do not really care for the term. What does oe call a female curmudgeon?

then count me in as a member to be of GOW. I guess it's ok since AARP already sends me info to become a member once I turned 50.
    Michelle

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    ill see you in 11 years

btw i love myvery supportive so

Untitled
    This thread is closed for two reasons

1. It has gone too far off topic.

2. The members have the right to their own views and how they manage their affairs without being told its right or wrong.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another