Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things to get used to while cd'ing

Little things to get used to while cd'ing

Just wondering if we could have a light hearted thread on small things you need to get used to while crossdressing, either from when you started, or even things that still kinda trip you up.

For me, its button up shirts. It's just awkward to button them up with the buttons being on the opposite side. I'm so used to men's shirts and being able to button em up in a snap. But give me a women's button top, and I'm fumbling away trying to put it on.

Yeah, two things I have to work on. One is that I walk like a big ape , the other is when I am sitting down I am yet to come to terms with crossing my legs

I am quite new to all of this though!!!!

Everything was a struggle to start with, but I'm getting there slowly.
    I'm not sure I'm really cut out for this trying to be a woman idea

When I'm out it's hard to let someone open a door for me or to walk in first! Both things my wife takes for granted!! I'm getting better the more often I get out though...
    Lisa E

Putting on bracelets. I'm all thumbs in that department and it takes forever. And trying to lne my eyes without poking out an eye.

I'm a swimmer and swim laps most every morning. It took a little while to get used to how much colder the pool was when shaved.

Hard to believe how much difference a little hair makes.
    DonnaT

When putting on a tank top, remember to do that first before you do you hair / wig. Learning how to pull up my stockings without stuffing my thumb through a brand new pair.
    The toughest was teaching myself to have my money and car keys at the top of my purse when getting a manicure. Fishing through my wallet to pay and digging out my keys has caused many "redo" jobs.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

i just have to allow for so much more time and sometimes i get side tracked tring stuff so --- i have so much to learn

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    praise be,a lighthearted thread things been getting too serious around here.I still have trouble keeping my meat and two out of the way,never mind when your out on special occasion and needing to (cough)powder your nose with false nails on...tricky
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hairy Problem

Constantly having to brush back my hair so I don't stain it with lip gloss! I have very short hair in guy mode.

Platinum Member
    getting the clasp undone on neclasses - I can't do much when the clasp is behind my head!

[SIZE="4"]For me it's putting on my eye makeup.....
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by NV Susan; 05-15-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

for me its shaving my face everyday is getting used to

For me, some of the items that I am still working on include:

• Being careful not to catch the top of my pantyhose in the zipper when trying on a skirt or dress. Also, avoiding getting lipstick or make up smudges on the clothing that I am trying on if I have to pull the items over my head.

• Getting used to GG's giving me unsolicited compliments on something I am wearing or buying.

• Having GG's engage me in small talk when standing in line to pay for an item, or else asking my opinion on something that they are considering buying.

• Making extended eye contact with other GG's or smiling at them when passing them in a mall etc., or when having other dealings with them.

• Listening to all the chatter (some of it of a very personal nature) that goes on in a women's washroom while sitting in a stall doing my "business".

• Keeping the long hair of my wig away from my mouth when eating.

And above all, WEARING COMFORTABLE SHOES WHEN OUT ON AN EXTENDED SHOPPING TRIP !

NOT responding to my male name!!!

For me, one of the hardest things to get used to was wearing a bra fulltime, especially in hot weather. Please don't get me wrong, I actually love wearing a bra now, it was just a learning process. Also, driving in 4" or 5" heels is a learning process.

The answer to this question sort of depends upon the extent to which you are CDing. If you are home alone and not going anywhere the list is much smaller.
    As to buttons on a blouse - eventually you will become adept; meanwhile, you can leave all but the top 2 or 3 buttoned and just slip the blouse over your head - do be careful not to have it touch your makeup. Tuck the blouse into your skirt/slacks and then pull the front out just a little bit to make a "blouse" effect.
    Bracelets and necklaces can be a problem. There is a device available from certain catalogs that allows you to hold one end of the bracelet so that you can manipulate the bracelet with your other hand. If a necklace will not slip over your head it takes practice to learn to hold and clasp/unclasp it.
    There are many "little things" that are different. For instance, while wearing lipstick, eating "finger foods"; using your fork and spoon; taking a pill; touching your face or wiping your mouth all require a certain "carefulness".
    Freshly polished nails are a challenge; it takes much longer for them to dry completely than you might think. A little bump that you hardly notice may cause a big problem.
    Learning to makeup your eyes is a problem for many; practice, practice, practice!
    Moving gracefully takes practice; keep your legs together at the ankles or have one leg crossed over the other; do not stride, walk using small steps.
    If you are going out in public there are many "little things" that need your attention. Learn how to "handle" your purse; have your car keys in your hand before you get to your car; depending upon the vehicle, there are graceful ways to enter and exit.
    Look at others briefly, smile and then look away. Women rarely stare at anyone and are much quicker to give a little smile. A smile may be your best friend when out in public.
    Choose clothing, shoes and accessories that fit the locale to which you are going. You
    can still be the "best dressed lady there" and yet not be over-dressed.
    Obviuosly, this is not a complete list. Pay close attention to women whom you admire and emulate them as best you can.
    Have fun and good luck!
    Hugs, Carole

Gold Member
    When I go to school and I am not made up and not have my hair done, they tell me I need to do it.

It is like some people expect me to be pretty all the time...

I now have a taste of why GG's get so aggrivated at the "women should dress pretty all the time" threads.

It's a lot of work, and being how I am lazy butt Erin sometimes, I might forego makeup.

So, I am getting used to the fact that being pretty is no longer about pink fog but is now a chore.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Little things to get used to while cd'ing

for me it was putting on nylons wirh out getting a run,

little things

I been dressing for years and home all the time so not much new but just started with the makeup scene. Putting on mascara drives me crazy. I know it;ll come with practice and I read all the to dos but still smear it. So I practice some more.

Most womens jeans have the button on the left just like mens. I have one pair that has the button on the left. I always fumble around with it and it is no fun when I have an urgent need to use the facilities.
    Girls got little lessons from their mothers and friends like how to use makeup, how to sit and how to put on a bra, we poor crossdressers are mostly self taught.

Poke-y leg hairs! Gah!!!

I epilate my legs, and for some reason, I can NEVER get the hamstring area to fully cooperate with me. I don't care how many times I go over it, that area will always get irritated from all the sitting I do. The only way I can get it to feel all the way smooth is to shave it, even after epilating. Sheesh!

Setting aside enough time to get ready!

It will be like 8:30 and I'll say, oh I can wait an hour!

Then it's 11:30 and I'm just finishing the makeup and rushing around the house and back into the house from my car with that rushed heels walk. =D

Learning how to follow instead of lead when dancing!
    Sally

Not getting hair in my mouth when eating- long wigs can be tough!