Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little things to get used to while cd'ing

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Some of the acronyms may take a bit of getting used to, but there is a dictionary
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I don't get out in public, but I take private walks in the woods. So learning to walk gracefully without snagging my hosiery on the trail has been a challenge. But it is also good practice - I have to pay very careful attention to my walk, and I certainly don't walk like an ape now when I'm in a skirt.

...Actually picking out what to wear!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I think I cope pretty well at this Crossdressing Lark but one or two things really take some getting used to ,the tiny clasps on necklaces are a pain,do they have to be so darn small,and when applying Nail Varnish,no matter how careful I am I always either miss the nail and hit my finger or while waiting for it to dry,smudge it so I have to start over again
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Trying to stay cool under the wig, makeup, and shaping garments in the hot and humid weather here in Singapore. It's always around 32 degrees C (90 F) with humidity of around 80 to 90%. I always end up sweating like a pig after just a short while.

Wish I can go with the strappy tops n dresses but my shoulders are a big giveaway

The one thing i can't get use to is not having pockets to put stuff in. It feels so out of place.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Quote Originally Posted by crusadergirl View Post
    The one thing i can't get use to is not having pockets to put stuff in. It feels so out of place.
    Or with the next to useless shallow pockets on ladies pants

The thing that really takes getting used to is the small clasps and buttons on the clothing, and fastening them with FINGERNAILS! Walking in stilettos a piece of cake compared to this!
    Last edited by erickka; 06-02-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Coming back home last night I realized I had to readjust my rearview mirrors. It seems my rearview affects my rearview! LOL My booty forms seem to raise me up off the car seat by at least an inch.
    Sally

Trying to put tight jeans on after moisturizing! Also, not rubbing your eyes after you've finished your makeup
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

Don't touch my face after applying makeup.
    Eating while wearing a wig.
    More laundry
    Exercising fiscal responsibility
    Carrying a purse around and don't hold it like a running back with a football.

Taking to long to do my makeup. I know better than to try to make it look so good. Just curl my lashes and finish the rest. I spend entirely to long of time to do my lashes.
    For whatever reason sometimes I have issues getting a corsett right.

Posture!!!!! I'm not as graceful as I want to be!

Yes it's setting enough time aside to get ready before going out I have to make sure to start getting ready an hour or so before I have to leave and the other thing is making sure to no get make up on clothes i am trying on

buttons

Hi Girls
    Do you know why the buttons are on the wrong side? I read somewhere that the reason they are backwards is that way back in the 18th century the girls had mammys that dressed them and they would struggle with the little girls buttons, so they were moved to the other side so it would be easier to button them up when facing the other person. Have a fem day.

Michelle

A lot of the cute trendy clothes come in smaller sizes.

Your feet get chilly when driving with heels and the AC is on.

Things keep falling out of the tiny jeans pockets.

If you bend over, your undies WILL show.

It took a while but I have now mastered fastening the hooks on a bra behind my back. I know many women fasten them in front and then turn the bra around. I personally don't like doing that.

Atlantic Canadian Girl JulieMcKie's Avatar
    For me, it took a while to learn to use my left hand to put nail polish on my right without painting my fingers too.

Also learning how long a bra mark will stay on your chest and back after you take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Not getting hair in my mouth when eating- long wigs can be tough!
    yeah, hot pizza.

How about trying to remove red nail polish on your toes only to find out they stained your nails, and you have a barbeque with family or friends to go to?

Shoes for my big feet

I am 6'4" and I find it difficult to find shoes that will fit me, unless they are ridiculously high stillettos in red, white or black. Why can't they make cute shoes or in larger sizes.
    Rebecca Bas

Having the patience to let the polish dry. Keeping the hair out of my face and staying cool. Other than that I'm pretty comfy.

Little things ...

For me ... there are three:

1 - I wear glasses .. eye makeup is challenge enough ... try it with poor eyesight and the impediment of glasses. You can either see what you are doing and try to steer the various wands in the limited space between your glasses and your eyes ... or you can fly free but blind.

2 - Walking and moving with grace. I have decades of bad habits to overcome or forget. I feel like a caterpillar frozen on the rim of a glass - not knowing what foot to move next. At one point, I even paid for a couple of hours of instruction from a pole dancer. She put me through a class in high heels. She looked like a cloud moving across the floor in 5 inch heels .. I followed along like an elephant in 3 inch heels. I haven't given up ... but.

and,

3 - Putting on earrings (especially studs), bracelets and necklaces with long nails.

Hugs
    Susan

Remembering to brush teeth first, then lipstick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member

it's not hip to forget your zip

Remebering to zip up in guy mode after I have had a skirt on with no zipper in front.

:d

Quote Originally Posted by LisaElizabeth View Post
    When I'm out it's hard to let someone open a door for me or to walk in first! Both things my wife takes for granted!! I'm getting better the more often I get out though...
    Lisa E
    when people open doors for me and stand aside and say "ladies first", i've never been more conflicted, but hell do I love it.