Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little things to get used to while cd'ing

wearing tight fitting clothing to show off my figure (well in my case lack of since im a bean pole...lol)
    <3 Jenny

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Things to get used to

Attempting to put mascara on my eyelashes and not my wig when strands fall out of place.

Finding enough time to not only do a good job of getting ready but having the time to relax just a little and enjoy a quiet moment en femme.

The constant attraction of new clothes, even though I already have more than I can wear in a month.

Get the newspaper from the driveway before getting dressed (the in-laws live next door).

Understanding that putting on the clothing, makeup, wig and forms is not the same as being a genetic woman.

I like to laugh, but not laughing when I'm out and about because I can't even come close to controlling the obvious male sound of it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Pain!!! becoming so picky as a girl that I wasn't as a guy and as my wifes says from time to time a "bitch" when outfits don't work as I expected...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Smile

eye liner, and trying to remember to not be loni when i go to work.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Putting on eye lashes. I love long full lashes but it takes soo long to get them just right. Most important is keeping my knees together when sitting. Sometimes I forget and it just isn't pretty!

Sooo many little things...

But mostly sizes for clothing and shoes! That one was the worst!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Walking in 6" heels ~ once you get used to it and stop knocking over the bookshelf or riping pictures from the wall...When I put on my 3" heels I tend to started clomping around like a boy again...

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    But mostly sizes for clothing and shoes! That one was the worst!
    Clothing- you mean the "false advertising"- it says it's a 12, but it's cut like a 10! I'd like to see the clothing industry try that with men's clothes ( I think there'd be rioting ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

All of the above mentioned. And keeping hands and nails clean. After working on a greasy car, or gardening all day, no amount of nail polish will cover a mess.

Terri

[SIZE=2]The only difficulty I ever have with anything is putting the strap through that 2nd small buckle like opening after I get the prong through the tiny hole on some strappy heels I have with my long nails...it's like the strap is slightly too wide to fit through that buckle thingy..not all of them give me a hassle, but some do...guess that's why I wear pumps more, just slip my foot in & go....but I love the looks & feel of my strappy heels better...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Oh well, maybe it's just me....lol[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Doing virtually ANYTHING with long false nails on!!!!!
    Kris

putting the clothes on is the easy part for me. I'm having major problems with most everything else like make=up, styling my wig, walking ,talking, and fashion,which I have none

For me it was learning to bend my arms in that particular way to hook or unhook my bra.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    getting the clasp undone on neclasses - I can't do much when the clasp is behind my head!
    They make and sell magnetic catches for necklaces that work well except that they sometimes tend to rotate in view
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzita
    Just wondering if we could have a light hearted thread on small things you need to get used to while crossdressing, either from when you started, or even things that still kinda trip you up.
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t know, everything seems natural and obvious, like I was meant to be doing it from day one. I just laugh at the buttons on the “wrong” side – it’s like paying an entrance fee by way of male awkwardness. I can deal with the cute frustrations I bump into quite easily. I suppose heels trip me up, which may explain why I don’t wear them, but I get dizzy (motion-sick) very easily – flats are my “thing.” I am most clumsy with wigs, simply because they are hard to handle – I’m used to the inconvenience by now, but the little stray hairs invading my facial “space” are annoying yet comforting at the same time. Other than that, I can’t think of many things I’m not used to, except, of course, being male by birth in the first place – that trips me up BIG time…[/SIZE]

For me it's two little things. One is liquid eyeliner..I love the look but can't ever get it right. Most of the time if I'm going to wear it, my wife has to put it on. Thank God for the pencil type! And the second is trying to hook or unhook my bra from behind! Mostly due to a shoulder injury years ago. So i try only to buy front hook style or I do the "hook and spin" thingy!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Wow, I could just write what everyone else have written, which I will as they apply to me:

Buttons on tops on the opposite side

Starting the zipper on the opposite side on jackets

Undoing the clasp of a necklace

Closing the clasp on a bracelet that is just a bit smaller than the others and has a small clasp and eye ring

Eating my wig with my meal

Trying to get that stray hair out of my mouth when not eating. It just won't let me find it to start with!

Getting the strap buckled on heels with your leg and foot at some uncomfortable and odd angle and still doing it all blind.

#1 has to be; getting a sports bra off after a good workout. these things are so tight that after working out my arms i don't seem to have enough strenght left to pry off a sports bra.

#2 by a distance has to be; the number of times you have to reapply lipstick.

#3 a sticky one; those darn fake nails are so dam hard to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    Doing virtually ANYTHING with long false nails on!!!!!
    I agree doing anything with long painted nails.
    Buttons on the opposite side.
    Small pockets on my GG jeans.
    Shaving your legs almost all the time -otherwise stubbles.
    Always keeping my legs together or crossed

These are only my first 5.

Gold Member
    I have my own hair. I usually put make-up on with my hair clipped back and then style (or attempt to) my hair. Well, once the blow dryer and curling iron and straighener get going, the bathroom gets a bit hot. Add that I am a heavy sweater and panic sets in fast. And how do girls get the hair on the back of their head just right?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Several people have said it before, but some of mine include:

Having GG's engage me in small talk when standing in line to pay for an item, or else asking my opinion on something that they are considering buying.

Taking off a top and being careful not to have it touch my make-up.

Freshly varnished nails are a challenge - I usually knock one nail just as I am on the way out the door

Eye shadow - and I haven't even tried mascara yet!

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Not getting hair in my mouth when eating- long wigs can be tough!
    I try not to eat wigs , but I have got my (wig) hair caught in my soup before now - it takes an awful lot of washing afterwards

Oh yes, the way that men's shirts do up on the wrong side when I have to go in drab
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-16-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I have to keep remembering to take my bag when I shop or go out to eat. I have almost left it a few times

For me it's two things. Having a more graceful walk and getting into and out of a car gracefully in a skirt. I never realized how difficult it was to get into a car without showing a lot of leg!
    -Audrey

alittle thing i have trouble getting used to is when laying down in one of my dresses and have to get up without have the bottom ride up showing my underwear

Just a girly girl. Sweet Sabrina's Avatar
    learning how to hide a few things, learning all the terms. still not sue what some are, GG? where's the dictionary for the new girl? gettingg the right sizes in kingerie and dresses. why are two things that say an 8 always different?