Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing in front of their pet

My last dog, a border collie seemed to accept me in either mode. But I always felt he knew something was different. I often wondered what he was thinking. My SO's bull dog never seemed to mind. She always got my attention regardless of how I presented. Come to think about it, even my SO got the same attention from Brandy as when in male mode.

Quote Originally Posted by pj View Post
    My dogs are all, like, "Dude..."
    And I'm all, "What?"
    And they're just like, "Whatever."
    So we're cool like that.
    Far out man.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    My dogs are very accepting. They had a few questions at first but now they are okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    My dog was pretty accepting really. I don't suppose you can be too judgemental when your hobbies are licking yourself and humping your blankeet
    you crack me up. Woof!

Quote Originally Posted by ColbyInTx View Post
    I have three dogs and I always try to give them treats or feed them while enfemme so they will like the kind lady that occassionally shows up.
    Smart lady as well as kind!

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    The dog in our house knows that she belongs to my wife and daughter, and is very cautious around me in male mode (the only male in the house).

Immediately after the transformation and Tina walks out of the bedroom the dog's tail is wagging like crazy and she is looking for affection from Tina! The dog clearly has made a decision that Tina is different from the alpha male. It's quite clear that the dog prefers Tina!

tina
    Fascinating! as Spock would say. I think he might even lift an eyebrow.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Both my parrots freeze , go skinny and silent if they see Shelly .... a sure sign of fear and confusion .

my dog abit of a perv, he lick too stick his nose up my skirts and dresses, lol

Silver Member

Animal psychology 101

You have to let the pets watch as you get dressed so they know who it is. After all you might be looking like a total stranger to them and wearing different perfume then what they are used to so you look and smell different.
    They see you as a total stranger. Next they might want matching outfits. Could get expensive.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I try not to do do it because it makes me feel odd. It started when I strafed dressing when I was a kid, my dog would howl when I got dressed. It has carried over to adulthood, with my wife's dog barking when ever either of us put a wig on.

Babysitting my daughters cat for a year, while she was overseas. When dressed in my finery, the cat was standoffish as usual, we barely tolerated each other, but she still managed to get into a couple of my photos, LOL! And her cat dish appears under the wicker chair in a few photos. See my older albums.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 05-17-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: addition

The first time I got dressed at the house I did it in the back bedroom. When I came out into the rest of the house to use the mirror I startled our dog. He wipped around and started barking at me. He hadn't approved this new person! Where did SHE come from?

He eventually got used to me, and as my wife's dog, kind of prefers women. He just wags a little more when he sees Sally.
    Sally

I have two English Bulldogs, a male and a female. If you visit my profile page you'll see my male, Gromit. I always get their opinions on my outfits before going out. They've always been very accepting of the female side me.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I posted a thread on coming out to my dog recently, he loves me as a woman as long as I feed him and take him for walks, which isn't as easy in a dress and heels:

Our cat knows it is me no matter how I'm dressed. As long as there is food and petting he is fine with it.

Our dog (R.I.P.) was confused about the stranger in the house, until I spoke to her. Once she recognized the voice she was OK.

My wife acquired her sisters cat recently, and whenever I have a skirt on he wants to come sit in my lap. Otherwise he can't be bothered with me.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 05-17-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    my family's little pomeranian gives me the cutest little confused looks...like he literally stares at me and tilts is head in confusion haha. the cat, Lucky, is a different story though. She treats me better when I am dressed up. I swear that the cat enjoys women more

post replies

Thank you all for all your responses it's amazing how our pets do react to the situation. I thought it would bring out some good replies. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly67 View Post
    Both my parrots freeze , go skinny and silent if they see Shelly .... a sure sign of fear and confusion .
    Mine too. I think it's the hair. I remember dressing up when I was a teen, we had a dog, who didn't seem to notice. The birds don't seem to care until I put on a wig; then they back away from the edge of the cage door, and if I get too close, I see their pupils dilating (wild pupillary fluctuation in a parrot's eyes indicate they are upset and may attack).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Junior Member Bikini Babe Claire's Avatar
    My cat looks at me funny when I dress infront of her

Let me add my 2cents and maybe I'll get some change. We had a yellow head parrot for 21 years. My dressing did not progress where he would see me until about 10 years ago... deep closet! He was a very friendly bird as long as he knew you, however when I was dressed, he go to fartherst corner of his cage to stay away. He went to his rewards about 6 years ago and now we have 2 monster cats. They could care less, as long as the food is delivered they are cool with whoever is the delivery person!!

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    im lucky my pets dont mind, only if I wear a long gown my cats have a frenzy!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

just tried it.

I just finished transforming to Tina. The dog has been around my male self around all day (big garden/wood/outside day), but basically has kept her distance. The moment I walked out of the bedroom and said hi to my girlfried, the dog starts wagging her tail and is looking for pets and affection.

Of course, Tina likes little dogs (my male self is a cat lover!). Maybe it's the change in voice, my perfume, the clearly different appearance...not sure, but she knows!

and she prefers Tina...rather annoying, actually!

tina

I loved reading this thread. Some of you had some very funny comments.

My cat doesn't care she still wants to be in front of the keyboard like she is now no matter how I'm dressed.
    Michelle

I think that as long as your dog isn`t Brian from Family Guy you are porbably ok dressing in front of him/her.