Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do CDs/TS/TV have a greater...

Do CDs/TS/TV have a greater...

Discuss the following statement:

Transsexuals have a greater insight into what a man seeks in a woman, then men themselves.

in my opinion no for simple reasons TS are females assigned the wrong external gender at birth & 2) each woman is a unique individual and I made the assumption you were talking about M2F TS

And a ***Please discuss*** would have been nice
    Last edited by Sheila; 05-16-2010 at 06:56 AM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

sorry...sounds quite silly to me

I'm not quite following you my friend. Everyone is an individual and their understanding of things is usually based on personal experience rather than "being" something.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's not silly, since Crossdressers, Tranvestites, Transsexuals etc. are all part of the transgendered community.

On this forum I'll bet they'll be several topics along the lines of why we do we crossdress? (e.g. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...+we+crossdress ) some of the reason range from: It's a part of who we are to feeling sexy.

The question we should be asking is are we driven subconsciously driven to emulate what our perfect woman who we could spend the rest of our lives with? Since finding the perfect woman is a fools errand, it's not going to happen, so therefore we find a partner who is near perfect and compromise. With crossdressing it's different because you have to live with the otherside of you; the subconscious driving you to reach that perfection.

Since every single one of us dresses in a particular, style, with a particular hair colour etc. so even if we don't admit it we are exactly on the same playing field as transsexuals since in order to crossdress there is a need to be a female in one way or another. It's just that we don't feel that we're a female in the wrong body.

you said dicuss the folowing staement
    Transsexuals have a greater insight into what a man seeks in a woman, then men themselves.
    we are doing, you just maybe don't like the answers you are getting

If you mean YOU should be asking a different question, then ask that and not the one you did
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I can only speak as a cd'er. I think for the most part, as evidenced by this forum, we often see women with our male minds and try to imitate what feels good to our male mind.

Hince all the threads about how we dress so much better than ordinary women. All we are really doing is demonstrating how we have no clue how women think and live daily. They just want to dress in a comfortable way like men have done for centuries.

We as cd'ers have to strive just as hard to be sensitive and understanding of women, as a good non-cd'ing male who wants to be sensitive. I don't think there is really much of a difference, if any.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 05-16-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I would actually answer Yes I have found that as Kara has developed (Being a TS/TG myself), I have found that I am able to predict, with greater accuracy, what women are actually looking for in a mna :P

Lota love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Kara what are we looking for in a man ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Kara what are we looking for in a man ?
    Me thinks I better elaborate here: I can usually tell, with greater accuracy, what my female friends/acquaintances are looking for a in a man, not just anyone off the street because every girl is different and is looking for different things in a man (One of my friends is looking for a completely nerdy type but doesn't want to admit it because she is ashamed of it while another wants someone who will be narky/annoying to her)
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Quote Originally Posted by KateLongman27 View Post
    I don't know how you can claim to know what someone else is thinking, better than they do.

I don’t think anyone can truly say they know exactly what they are looking for in a partner, because we all change as time goes on. We may like something about a certain partner now, but that may change as we get older and mature. I used to like effeminate looking men, now I can’t stand them…I used to prefer blond hair on a man over dark…now it’s dark all the way…

I don’t think I can say because I am TG I know men better than women…or I know women better than men and I know what each of them want in their partners…cause that’s not true…I only know what I want, and I want alone.

I don’t know if I made sense, but I know what I mean lol.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

What do men look for in a woman? If you ask 1000 men common factors will build up so much so in fact; you could probably ask are you a leg man?

However is this what men are really looking for in a woman? Or is it something deeper and more meaningful? That only a male who is transgendered can provide a more insightful look in what a man is seeking in a woman, then a male who isn't transgendered.

again the answer to your question is NO

Hi ,

I had to look at that ?? a few times, the answer is for many no.
    they dont because they are baseing what they see on how they think not as a woman because they only see what they see as a very young female they have a preconceved idear of what a woman is with out the experance to back it up. in other words no life experance. & most women dont live like , many of those t s wont to.
    & every one see s things differently & many men see a woman as a sexual object to have as a partner who looks like a sex object.

This is a very loaded ?? or two,
    The other point is some of us are not t s or ever will be so no again im both male & female so if i look at those ? where does that put me right in the middle & no im not interested in men or ever will be yet i live as a woman .

The other part is im liveing with a woman ( natal ) & have been for 37 years.
    i have that experance to back up how i see a woman or women. & how i see my self . I dont try to even emulte a woman because i was born with that part of my self as one
    We may come under the same heading of trans . there is a big difference in how we think, a male well most any way dont & cant think as a female or a woman . because they are not wired with a womans brain to start with . & theres no point in saying they do. you may dress in female no probs & you may pass well & no dought do a far better show of it than i ever will that does not make you a female or a woman
    A t s no dought most are wired with a female brain & yes hate thier body yet they are female & will, well most go h r t & s r s & what ever so they can live as a female .
    As to dressing in female i dont do that for a show or to emulat a female i dress as a woman i dont wear male clothes so thats a no brainer to me . dont have any ,

That ?? of what do i see in a male . or insights nothing because i never related to men so to ask some of us that ?
    i can sermise the answer just not give a solid one & no dought the answers will vary a lot. & because our back grounds are so different you have to take that in to account as well .

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    in my opinion no for simple reasons TS are females assigned the wrong external gender at birth & 2) each woman is a unique individual and I made the assumption you were talking about M2F TS

And a ***Please discuss*** would have been nice
    For your information:

Transsexual people identify as, or desire to live & be accepted as, a member of the sex opposite to that assigned at birth - http://www.tgguide.com I just had to trawl through all the forums that I use to find it.

.......That only a male who is transgendered can provide a more insightful look in what a man is seeking in a woman, then a male who isn't transgendered.
    I wouldn't be presumptious, thinking that our being TG gives us an advantage over other men. Any man who is gentle and confident and knows who he is and what he wants, who doesn't live in a fantasy world, but listens and looks deeper than surface will have a good idea of what he is seeking in a woman, whether he is transgendered or not.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 05-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Kate I do think I do get that, being as my partner is TS and I did not have to trawl through any forums to know that, it is well documented here alone I did say about being assigned the wrong birth gender ......... perhaps the language barrier comes into play here ........... & I did say I ASSUMED YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT M2F and did not need to say F2M as again I assumed that would be a given, I will try in future to make myself clearer to you

Aspiring Member

False

Discuss the following statement:

That statement is a false generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    That statement is a false generalization.
    Why is it?

Why is it?
    Because it assumes we are all the same, which we aren't!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    Because it assumes we are all the same, which we aren't!!
    The statement doesn't assume we're all the same, I said:

Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] have a greater insight into what a man seeks in a woman, then men themselves.

Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] have a greater insight into what a man seeks in a woman, then men themselves.
    Exactly, your statement assumes all Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] to be the same, as does the following..... "then men themselves".

You are assuming both separate groups to think the same as others in those groups..ie all Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] think the same while other men all think the same as each other, but differantly to the whole of the first group.

Account is closed

Transsexual does to equal what you just stated. We also have no more insight into what men want in a woman than anyone else since that has nothing to do with being a crossdresser, transgendered, or a transsexual.

So by your own admission, a crossdresser is less of a man than a normal male?

Oh and I can't speak for other transsexuals but why would I have some magical insight into men's desire for women?
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    Exactly, your statement assumes all Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] to be the same, as does the following..... "then men themselves".

You are assuming both separate groups to think the same as others in those groups..ie all Transsexuals [Crossdressers, Transvestites, Pre-op TS etc.] think the same while other men all think the same as each other, but differantly to the whole of the first group.
    All men want one thing in a woman, whether they know it; is another matter since our subconscious influences our decisions. When you strip away everything all men say they want, you'll find an underlying thing which is common in all men.

My statement states that because within the subconscious there is a female thinking/feeling mechanism, this enables the crossdressing etc. man to see the insight to what they're really looking for. While non-crossdressing etc. men don't have that insight.