Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Regret Your Masculine Tattoos While Dressing?

Do You Regret Your Masculine Tattoos While Dressing?

Although I have no tattoos I have noticed a lot of girls do.

So I was wondering if you honestly regret having "masculine" looking tattoos (one's that typically only males have..whatever that is) which are seen when you dress en femme?

Do you dress around them to hide them?

Do you want to have them removed?

Or could you care less?

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

While I have a number of tattoos most of mine would be considered neutral while some are tattoos of the female form. they can be passed off as a representation of my female self. Only one that I would change would be my back piece. not for the over all design. but for something a little different.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I've got four masculine tattoos, two on each lower forearm. I sometimes regret getting them and have considered getting all but one of them removed. [One has very special significance to my past].
    I always keep my arms covered when I dress, though I must admit I find it uncomfortable sometimes and it does limit my clothing choices.

I do not have any tattoos, but I do know a guy that lived on an island with the name "Tattoo", lol.

There are methods of completely concealing them. Here is one option...

http://stageandtheatermakeup.com/tattoolist.htm
    Last edited by eluuzion; 05-21-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a cross on my shoulder and normally have to cover it with makeup. I do regret having gotten it because I love wearing sleevelesss tops and dresses.

Jasmine

When I got my tatoo put on the upper part of my arm ( in 1963 ... yeah ink had been invented by then ) I had thought that it'd be high enough to hide when wearing a short sleeve shirt. Little did I know I'd be looking at sleeveless blouses, shells, and topless dresses.
    I made a promise to myself then that I'd NEVER be sorry for getting it or regret it, and I haven't.
    Mostly I "dress" around it with at least something like a short sleeve blouse or light sweater. The few shells I have I can pair with a light shirt and that works.
    The tatoo? ... A full face picture of a bulldog with a sailor cap. Salty Seadog.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

they are more than art, so no. They are runes...

Since I have none, (Mom made me promise never to get one as a kid...) No.

I have tatoos on both upper arms. Allways wear long sleves. Wish i didnt have them so i could wear nice slveless dresses.

No I don't regret them (both upper arms are covered) but I do dress around them.

Made of Sugar & Spice Kathleen Grace's Avatar
    I have a unicorn on my left breast which I'm tempted to put flowers around to girl it up a bit. Yes, I regret getting it in the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you crossed Richard Gere with a little bit of Julie Andrews and a whole lot of Carol Burnett, that would probably be me.

Aspiring Member
    they are more than art, so no. They are runes..
    I feel this way too, body art has deep roots into tribal passage and primitive spirituality. I would not regret my tattoos for the simple fact that it would make me feel as tho a regretted a path in my life.

And as far as tattoos being a masculine thing only. Todays culture has more ladies getting tattoos than guys. Almost every girl i know has one (and honestly cant think of a girl i know who doesnt have one) But i do have some guy friends who have no tattoo's. but that could just be the area i live in

Oh and if you want to add to your "masculine" tattoos remember you could always do some type of vineing, filigree, or some other type of accent to more or less encompass your man-too and make it a femme-too

Oh and if you need ideas Google: Suicide Girls
    Lots of very sexy Models with heavy tatoos

An Eagle, Globe and Anchor in the middle of my shoulder blades, and I will never regret it for an instant. Semper Fi!

Have three only thing I would do different is have them more colorful.
    Stephenie

Although I have a live and let live attitude, I can't stand them. I haven't got any, nor will I ever have any, and I just don't understand those who do.

They (the tatoo's) are vile things. I've yet to see one I actually like, and these days it seems you can't avoid them anywhere you go. lol

I'm not out to offend anyone with my view, so don't take my comments too personally. i just needed to express the fact there are some of us who really really don't like them

Gold Member
    I do not have any ink right now, I may get a rose on the lower outer calf. Maybe.

When I was like 19, there were some ones I wanted and I am really glad I never got around to doing it. I was in the Army at the time so thought of getting a camo U.S.A. on my arm with two M-16's under that logo. Thank goodness I never made THAT stupid mistake.

A well-placed good tattoo that is not too cliche is not too bad.
    I have seen a very few that I like on others.
    As long as it is not a tramp stamp, or stupid barb wire around the bicep, or other "bad girl/tough guy" crap then not so bad
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    Maybe the one on my arm, but not the one I have on my Leg, its a Navy tattoo that I did for my Grandfather with his dog tags & the Navy Symbol & submarine logo, I'll display that tattoo proudly for the rest of my life.

I don't regret the tattoo, but I do regret the location. I'd love to wear something sleeveless....

Almost regretted them as i was talking to two Arabic men and one noticed my markings and pointed to them and said " this is Israeli " markings, so i quickly pointed out that they are not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

[SIZE=4]My arms are loaded with tattoos, and sure, it doesn't look very feminine. I do feel more comfortable with long sleeves, but since I hardly ever go out in public en femme, it's not really that much of an issue. I certainly don't regret getting any of them.[/SIZE]

no tattoos, but

i am very hairy...waxed once and wife likes my hair so i think thats when she started to think i was gay, but just wanted to be more feminine...so that limits what i wear.

Brina
    lovin to dress...

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I have a few tattoos I only regret my chest symbol because it stretches when I try to create the cleavage illusion. But when it's just padding then no problem.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Too much of a committment.

It might be proof that I'm never going to transitition because I'm too much of a guy. Not that I have masculine tatoos, but I was never able to make the committment to get one. I'd want to change them like I do outfits and I can't, so I probably won't.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    I have 5, none of which are feminine at all. The only feminine thing they have going for them is lots of color which helps with the illusion I guess...I don't regret a single one though.

Funny though, I agree with Sarah in that the tattoos I do have would definitely play a part in the decision to transition. Kind of a reminder to myself that even though I have a strong feminine side my masculine side is still the dominant one if that makes any sense :P

Aspiring Member

I have several....

I cover all of them when I am dressed as a male because all my tattoos are as feminine as my artist can make them. I confess that I have beautifull butterflies on my lower back and just last Thursday I got a large flower and hummingbird on my upper back just above my shoulder blade. I took 5 hours from start to finish and one of the biggest rushes that I could possibly experience was that I was dressed as Annie for the entire experience. I can't even estimate the number of people who saw me and admired my new tattoo because Thursday is $10 piercing day and there were more than 50-60 people who came in to take advantage of savings. NOT ONE WORD WAS SAID ABOUT THE GUY DRESSED AS A GIRL AND NOT ONE SNICKER. Was I made....yes but I got alot of smiles and waves because I was openly being tattooed right by the entrance. You know what???? I go in for another for the other shoulder this coming Thursday. I can't wait for them to be totally healed so I can wear sundresses and spaghetti strap tops.