Thread: Safe Haven Sisters for those who may Purge

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

Safe Haven Sisters for those who may Purge

I've noticed several posts from gals who are about to purge or are thinking about it.

What about setting up a safe haven for those who are about to purge ? This would give gals a breather of 3 to 6 months so they do not loose all of their items if they decide they have mad an incorrect decision.

I would be willing to be the Maryland contact.

General guidelines could be.

1. Post intent to purge on this thread.
    2. Pack her purged items in no more then 1 wardrobe size box.( a wardrobe size box can contain 3-4 ft of closet wardrobe, with space in the bottom for a couple dozen shoes. Pack anything else in 1 medium size box.(up to 3 cubic feet.
    3. Tape seal both boxes.
    4. Contact with your area Safe Haven Sister to store items for pre arranged time up to 6 months.
    5. Check in with this post anytime withing 6 months if you decide the purge was in haste and make arrangements to retrieve items.
    6. If no post is made within 6 months the Safe Haven Sister has the right to deliver boxes to Goodwill or local thrift store, no questions asked.

What do you girls think, is this a workable idea ?
    Is anyone else willing to help ?

Kelly

Great Response ! So here's the current list

Safe Haven Sisters

CT USA Kaylee Dahal
    DE USA Chloe' Buffington
    MD USA Kelly DeWinter
    Newcastle AU AliceJaneinNewcastle
    Victoria BC CA Katari
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 05-24-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Why not put the stuff in the attic or garage or just in the back of the closet. Then wait 3 to 6 months to decide. You could go back to it before that, but not get rid of the stuff until a set time...BJ

B.B.C.D. & D.Q.I.T. Chloe' Buffington's Avatar
    I would be willing to be the contact for northern Delaware and southern Pa. I am 30 mi. south of Philadelphia.
    Life is too short to not be who you are.

I was actually pm'ed by someone here asking me to hold her things...there were many vague reasons, but then she has disappeared....she hasn't been on the site here as well in months now...

in answer to you Billie Jo, purging by putting your things into the garage just isn't the same...I've never purged, but I'm sure that it is a big step to do this, and many times, as I have read and heard over the years, it is a "bad" thing...I can't even begin to think of replacing all of my shoes...

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Great idea, I'll be the ct contact, so long as I can borrow your clothes

Hugs
    Kaylee

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I made a similar offer many years ago on another site, and as far as I'm concerned, the offer still stands for anyone near Newcastle, Australia.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I think its a great idea! Wish I had thought of it before I purged! Won't do THAT agin
    Love

Lynne

I think it wont work. Assuming that others feel the same way I do and do it for the same reasons, when you "purge", you do it because you have decided you are through with crossdressing and damn well will not do it again. Be it anger at yourself, shame in yourself, or any other reasons, a purge is that moment when you have decided that you will no longer cross dress. If this is your intent, then you do not send your stuff to temporary storage - you get rid of it.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I think it has potentail to work. The method seems well thought out. If this gets off he ground I may be willing to be hold point near Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I think it wont work. Assuming that others feel the same way I do and do it for the same reasons, when you "purge", you do it because you have decided you are through with crossdressing and damn well will not do it again. Be it anger at yourself, shame in yourself, or any other reasons, a purge is that moment when you have decided that you will no longer cross dress. If this is your intent, then you do not send your stuff to temporary storage - you get rid of it.
    That's the same way I've felt when I've purged, I don't want it safely stored, I just want it gone for good. I have no intention of dressing ever again, hence purging it all.
    On the other hand, when I'm just "off" crossdressing, I tend to bag or box everything up and store it in the house out of the way somewhere.
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 05-23-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling

oh yea this is an excellent idea and have stored clothes for friends in past. PS they always come back though with six months lol

Marina: Thats why we will have an expiration date of six months. Kind of like cottage cheese ???

Quote Originally Posted by Maria in heels View Post
    but then she has disappeared....she hasn't been on the site here as well in months now...
    Billijo: In the TG/CD community Purge generaly means throwing away. Either voluntarily or involuntarily, usualy in hopes of making a permanant change in one's lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    Why not put the stuff in the attic or garage or just in the back of the closet. Then wait 3 to 6 months to decide. You could go back to it before that, but not get rid of the stuff until a set time...BJ
    Kim: Good point. Yes, this is the norm, Mayby it would help someone ? I'm not sure. Is it worth it trying ? Mayby. But just going by previous posts of girls who have purged there is a lot of regret. Usually months later. It could be an alternative.

Kaylee: Can you wait until six months have passed ?

" so long as I can borrow your clothes "
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Victoria: It will depend on whether people become involved or committed to the success of the endevor. Think of it as what's more inportant to a great eggs and bacon breakfast. The chicken was involved in the breakfast, but the pig was commited to the success!

So will you help us from the start or wait until it gets off the ground ?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Fields View Post
    I think it has potentail to work. The method seems well thought out. If this gets off he ground I may be willing to be hold point near Detroit.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I Love to be fem
    Maybe it is a good idea, but as kimberly says when you purge, you really think it is all over, and when you are in that frame of mind the last thing on your mind is to store your stuff, you just want to get rid of it. It might be that you have met somebody else and they don't like it, or there is an ultimatum from existing partner, or you feel disscusted with yourself. If it is any of these then storeage is the last thing you want to do. But saying all of that, most, if not all of us come back, so that is why I think it is a reasonable idea.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Victoria: It will depend on whether people become involved or committed to the success of the endevor. Think of it as what's more inportant to a great eggs and bacon breakfast. The chicken was involved in the breakfast, but the pig was commited to the success!

So will you help us from the start or wait until it gets off the ground ?
    I am willing to help if a sister contacts me, due to unfortunate circumstances I would be uncomfortable holding somebody's property, at this time.
    Right now, I find myself inventorying my garage. I had a break in and am fighting with the insurance co.( lots of tools and equipment aregone I love Detroit)
    Once I make my garage secure again I have a loft that I would be able to store items for people

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I would add a point to this. If the person who is purging does not choose to collect their stuff within the prescribed time, it becomes the property of the person storing it, to do with as they will, which might mean giving to charity, keeping or giving to other CDs, or a mixture of those.

Looking at it from this perspective, the person purging could say "I'm getting rid of all this stuff that I don't want, and giving it to someone might will want it", which gives them motivation to do so rather than dumping it all in the garbage or giving it to charity.

I just purge the stuff that doesn't fit. The only good reason, for me, is to have room for all the new stuff. Sorry I've never been to that point. I have enjoyed my gurly side too much. So that's why I didn't realize you had to throw it away, to purge...BJ
    PS. $250 @ LB's 40% off sale and over $200 at VS Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    I just purge the stuff that doesn't fit.

Billijo,

Thats not a purge, thats a yard sale ! LOL

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I can be the south Vancouver Island location

Katari

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I think it won't work. Assuming that others feel the same way I do and do it for the same reasons, when you "purge", you do it because you have decided you are through with crossdressing and damn well will not do it again. Be it anger at yourself, shame in yourself, or any other reasons, a purge is that moment when you have decided that you will no longer cross dress. If this is your intent, then you do not send your stuff to temporary storage - you get rid of it.
    That moment of decision is often impulsive, not a well thought-out plan to stop crossdressing. Lots of us know that from experience, and here we are again into crossdressing full-swing, with regrets we tossed out some good stuff.
    I think it is a good plan that will work. How we wish we could have a six-month do-over in other areas: I shouldn't have bought this house, I should have told her I crossdress before we got married, I wish I had that car back, I shouldn't have told that blabbermouth that I crossdress...etc..
    Unfortunately, we often do things without thinking them through, and purging is high on the list. This is a way to really purge (as opposed to easily accessible garage/basement storage), but can be undone. A good idea.

While i agree that the desision is ofen impulsive, I think if somthing like this were avalible, and well advertised, it may take some of the hast of of this for a lot of us.
    I also think an e-mail should be sent before disposing of items.

If I had the space I'd be a safe Haven Sistere for my aria... Maybe after I get this place cleaned up?

Quote Originally Posted by Katari View Post
    I can be the south Vancouver Island location

Katari
    awesome !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57