Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where did you hide your stuff?

I still live at home, so i'll definitely need some places to hide. My first bits of clothes are on their way right now. I have quite a few empty boxes stacked in my room (Laptop, Xbox, computer, etc) I keep those for when I want to sell my stuff on ebay. Noone of my family will ever look in those, so they will be a perfect hiding spot for my stuff.

The only thing I am a bit afraid of is my wig. Does anyone know how careful you have to be with storing wigs? I don't want to hide it and have it ruined in a few days

As for shopping, I ordered everything on Ebay. I am in love with EGL clothing, and quite a bit of it is easy to find on there for decent prizes. The fact that it's not branded on the outside will allow me to receive it easier without raising suspicion from my parents.

I have a dresser with my girly things in it. Other than a couple of pairs of heels under my bed, everything is in that dresser.

Aspiring Member

Hide nothing, fear nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Hi

May by everybody who start CD

use her mom or sister stuff

but in some point you go & buy for you

tell me how did you buy it..?

& if you kept that as you little secret

where did you hide your stuff...?

I hope I get benefit form your Experience

because I don't know how to keep it as I want

I really had to think about this a long time to recall that it didn't really occur to me to hide things because of any concern about crossdressing...

What for?

Hidden things get found and what bothers people isn't the stuff - but you being inconsistent:

"Who are you and what did you do with the other guy I THOUGHT I knew?"

If I kept things out of sight, it was for an entirely different reason; I didn't want things that I valued disappearing. Vain hope in a large household, if anyone is so minded, but you can try... Did you ever try to hide a box of cookies anywhere?

For about thirty years, I've left clothes hanging in plain sight in the closet, CDing books out where anyone could see them, and, I've freely offered my opinions about anything if I felt like it.

People are pretty good about minding their own business if they can claim they didn't see, didn't hear, didn't notice anything. I still recall my shock at hearing CDers in support groups describing, "suddenly blind and deaf," family members who would actually walk into a room - and keep going - with the CDer standing there in plain site.

"Uh, they don't want to play. It's your business. They know all they want to know - they ARE giving you space to do what you want and you CAN bring it up without the world ending..."

Over time, CDers would go home, bring the subject up, and be met with:

"Yeah... I, uh, don't know what else I can tell you about that. So, you gonna mow the yard Saturday?"

Interestingly, some CDers would come back and say, "They don't care about what I do. So, maybe the don't CARE about meeeee....?"

Talk about finding something new to worry about!

At any rate, people constantly talk about "Having the conversation with the SO" and "coming out" to their friends, etc.

Yet, how do your friends and family know you're into stock car racing or like a certain kind of steak, and so forth?

Because you hide race cars in distant storage units and stash steaks under the bed?

I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    I really had to think about this a long time to recall that it didn't really occur to me to hide things because of any concern about crossdressing...

What for?

Hidden things get found and what bothers people isn't the stuff - but you being inconsistent:

"Who are you and what did you do with the other guy I THOUGHT I knew?"

If I kept things out of sight, it was for an entirely different reason; I didn't want things that I valued disappearing. Vain hope in a large household, if anyone is so minded, but you can try... Did you ever try to hide a box of cookies anywhere?

For about thirty years, I've left clothes hanging in plain sight in the closet, CDing books out where anyone could see them, and, I've freely offered my opinions about anything if I felt like it.

People are pretty good about minding their own business if they can claim they didn't see, didn't hear, didn't notice anything. I still recall my shock at hearing CDers in support groups describing, "suddenly blind and deaf," family members who would actually walk into a room - and keep going - with the CDer standing there in plain site.

"Uh, they don't want to play. It's your business. They know all they want to know - they ARE giving you space to do what you want and you CAN bring it up without the world ending..."

Over time, CDers would go home, bring the subject up, and be met with:

"Yeah... I, uh, don't know what else I can tell you about that. So, you gonna mow the yard Saturday?"

Interestingly, some CDers would come back and say, "They don't care about what I do. So, maybe the don't CARE about meeeee....?"

Talk about finding something new to worry about!

At any rate, people constantly talk about "Having the conversation with the SO" and "coming out" to their friends, etc.

Yet, how do your friends and family know you're into stock car racing or like a certain kind of steak, and so forth?

Because you hide race cars in distant storage units and stash steaks under the bed?

I hope not.
    I understand your point. And in agree with what you say. But sadly society we live in does not always feel the same.

We grow up in a world were crossdressing etc is seen as something wrong. It's only natural for a lot of people to be afraid of coming out for who they really are.
    I wish I had the nerve to be as casual about it here at home. But sadly I don't, I am being controlled by fear.

Smile clothes

An old suitcase in the attic has worked well for me.

Aspiring Member

Small steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I understand your point. And in agree with what you say. But sadly society we live in does not always feel the same.

We grow up in a world were crossdressing etc is seen as something wrong. It's only natural for a lot of people to be afraid of coming out for who they really are.
    I wish I had the nerve to be as casual about it here at home. But sadly I don't, I am being controlled by fear.

R,

The society you primarily live in is your home.

Make it more homey...

It's "natural" to fear thunder, earthquakes, and heights.

But, it's not entirely "natural" when you know better.

Thunder is noise, earthquakes are the earth shifting due to plate tectonics, and, a fear of heights can be a healthy thing, but need not keep you from using stairs.

You have a right to your likes and dislikes.

You need not fear them, or, give people reason to fear you.

Be more open about yourself and life will still go on... Better.

Never perfect, but better.

That's all I can tell you about that.

Heroine of Silmaria Elsa von Spielburg's Avatar
    Currently living in a dorm, so: smaller things, underthings, and mesh things in the second drawer in the small dresser next to my bed. Forms in a box underneath my jacket in the back corner of my closet. And 4" heels... sitting right in the front of the closet I rarely close. *hint hint to roommates*

Mine is all in a large duffel bag just beneath where my convertible top recesses. I also keep a small travel bag in my office drawer with my make-up kit. So far the duffel in the car works well since I always have my car with me. I normally dress at my office in the evenings and on weekends when no one else will be in.
    I also dress at home occasionally when my wife is out for extended periods of time - she does not know.
    Always trying to be the best woman I can be! - Jennifer Gregory

Learning, growing, living brookalicious's Avatar
    MY stuff is currently in the attic, neatly tucked away amongst boxes that say: "Frames" and "Halloween Decorations"

~b~

Winning!

"Even a hunter cannot kill a bird which flies to him for refuge."
    Chiune Sugihara

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I use to have it locked in a small bag, or wrapped in plastic hidden in a top corner shelve!

Now Im free to have it in my closet.

Aspiring Member
    my bedroom had a little door to where the attic and insulation were. It was never used for storage, so I had a bag to protect my clothes. Still got caught, although it was at least a few years.

I used to hide my stuff in my truck behind the seat. One day I got polled over by a cop and he looked back there and asked me who's these were? I said mine.

I used to put my stuff between my matress and boxspring, mostly cuz NOBODY would look there. But that was 12 years ago when I was 13. Since then, I've come out at least to my family, who doesn't care if I have panties and bras in my dresser. Just most of em don't wanna see me dressed or have me with em when I am.

Still need to go out with my godmother, who IS accepting.

Various places over the years. I live by myself know and they dominate my closet and dresser. Very little room for the drab work clothes.

In the bottom of my closet, with a diary -- If I am discovered, I want my story to be there next to the clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleOBrien View Post
    I used to put my stuff between my matress and boxspring, mostly cuz NOBODY would look there. But that was 12 years ago when I was 13. Since then, I've come out at least to my family, who doesn't care if I have panties and bras in my dresser. Just most of em don't wanna see me dressed or have me with em when I am.

Still need to go out with my godmother, who IS accepting.
    That was my trick when I was a teenager. If my mom ever found out, she never said anything.

Hi Sophia, I have always bought in store but since the internet arrived I have a few online purchases.

As a young teenager still living with my parents, my stash was in an old sportsbag hidden at the back of my wardrobe. Later on, before I came out to the wife I used a similar method. Now my stash hangs proudly and colourful in the wardrobe next to my dull guy crap

Tash

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Inside my stereo speakers! There were six screws that held the back onto the speaker cabinet. I would remove them, stuff my clothes in around the speakers, and replace the back.
    Me too! It was back in the 70s. Nothing quite like like listening to glam rock like T Rex and the Sweet through speakers stuffed with panties bras and dresses :-)

Now I hide my stuff right next to my wife's stuff

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Banned Read only
    I rent a 10 x 10 storage unit that is very secluded. it is essentially my dressing room. I hate to have such separation in my life, ut for now it works extremely well. it is about 3 minutes from my home, and I can go from guy to gal completely there. Here a a few photos ( if you are counting, there are 61 pairs of shoes. Ok, i like shoes. I do wear them all, though - really!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use the larger of my two closets, but it is beginning to bulge, and the crossbar is hanging low. My wife has known forever, not too happily, and she doesn't care to snoop, as far as I know.

I don't have room for all my shoes, and since I refuse to just dump them into a box, there are pairs in various chests and cabinets. I've got to get rid of some of them. Perhaps I'll have a "closet sale."

In the earliest stage of my CD career I borrowed things like hose and panty girdles from my petite mom's wardrobe and returned them as soon as I could. Later, when I had some of my own duds I stashed things wherever I thought it would be too uncomfortable or disgusting for my parents to dig around, like anywhere amongst the awful rubbish in a teenager's room.

At least the only shoes I had then were thong sandals, which were theoretically unisex, even though girls wore them, mostly.

When I finally went out into the world, I'd keep my girly stuff in duffle bags and banker boxes jammed into the back of the closet, and none of my dates or mates ever knew about the real me.

Maybe, Sophia, you'll be more fortunate than a lot of us and be able to stop hiding while you're still young.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

WOW! I wish I had that many shoes! I only have one pair now because I hide my clothes as my bottom layer in my regular clothes dresser. If I had my way, I think our shoe collections would rival each others.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    I rent a 10 x 10 storage unit that is very secluded. it is essentially my dressing room. I hate to have such separation in my life, ut for now it works extremely well. it is about 3 minutes from my home, and I can go from guy to gal completely there. Here a a few photos ( if you are counting, there are 61 pairs of shoes. Ok, i like shoes. I do wear them all, though - really!!)

Gold Member
    Ok Renee, I have to ask. The one thing that looks out of place is the blender. Mixing up your own cosmetics?

Wink

OMG renee! That is amazing! Think we are all jelous! Ever think of renting it for a day let me know!

Banned Read only
    Ok Renee, I have to ask. The one thing that looks out of place is the blender. Mixing up your own cosmetics?
    Sue - that's funny!! Actually, that is a portable light - there is no power in the storage unit

OMG renee! That is amazing! Think we are all jelous! Ever think of renting it for a day let me know!
    Holly, I am happy to loan it out, but OK is a long way from TN! I bet they have these facilities closer to home!

When I first began getting clothing on my own, I hid the items in the back of a deep closet in my bedroom with various items in front. When I was at driving age I purchased a panel van and customized it with hidden compartments. I will admit that the van was not the best as in customizing but it worked well for me, especially with a large mirror for doing makeup, good lighting and curtains behind the front seats.
    SRS January 27