Thread: Low T?

Low T?

I just recently came out of telling a good friend how I feel about her. She doesn't know that I dress, and in all honesty if things had gone liked I hoped, I don't think she would have reacted well to me dressing anyways.

In the midst of all this, being extremely depressed, I purged for the first time in many years. In actuality, it is probably the first real purge because I threw out clothes, wigs, makeup and shoes for the first time ever.

Now I've bought many of things back, and plan on re-establishing my "other" self, with even a possibly name change, but in the whole process I've also thought about another thing.

If I could take a pill to be born again a female, I would in a heartbeat. If I could take a pill now to just be my male self and not feel this way, I would in a heartbeat as well (first choice to be born again, second choice to not feel this way) We have all heard there is no "cure" for this, and we have seen many posts on theories of why we cross dress or are TG at all. I've heard many say that there are chemical unbalances or hormone levels are off.

Lately I've seen many commercials for a product called Low T. It is for men who have low testosterone levels. I was wondering if any of us out there are on it or know anything about it and can share their experiences with it.

I have read that many of us who go from the average CD to start transitioning say that getting on estrogen is one of the best things they have done, and that they feel much better about things. I wonder if the same could be said to going on a testosterone therapy, and your gender issues may recede.

The question remains if this could work, how many would take this route and stop CDing or Transitioning. I would, as much as I feel like I'd really should be female it is not always the most practical thing to do. As much as I am an advocate for letting people be who they want to be, and I support LGBT community, I'd rather not have to spend the money, have the lack of career opportunities, the scrutiny, the loss of friends & family, hiding things, not being able to be open, being miserable, feeling totally awkward and self conscious when in public dressed because of my already very tall for a man frame, and all the other negatives that go along with what we experience. I think the loneliness and lack of intimacy has a great impact on this too.

So in the end, who knows anything about Low T? Has anyone tried it? Anyone interested? I would love feedback

Aspiring Member
    As far as low T goes i cant help.

But it does seem that you could be limiting yourself over fears of the unknown. I, as most of us, have these same fears as well.
    Most of us just try to find a happy medium between dressing and our daily lives. We all struggle with self acceptance because of these issues

Also it seems to be one extreme to other in your post, "all the way or not at all", can i ask why a balance of both is not an option for you?

From what I read, she didn't feel the same about you? That in it's self. is enough to make you depressed. I think I'd rather take the gurl pill, instead of T pills. I tried that once. I almost killed my self. If you swing it, you should get some counciling. Life is too short, to be miserable. All the best...BJ

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I don't know about that specific product, but I have a friend who is a (many years post-op) TS nurse who, as a male, used to work in mental institutions when TSes were subjected to therapies intended to make them normal men. One of the most common ideas (in Australia at least) decades ago was to simply increase their testosterone levels to somewhere near the maximum safe level.

Net result was that they got hairier, more aggressive and violent, and more depressed because they could see themselves becoming less and less feminine.

It had no effect on their desire to be feminine, but did reduce the number of them due to a high suicide rate.

i don't know anything about it, but i would say don't try it until there are really safe and reasonably conclusive scientific tests.

Platinum Member
    If you consult the literature, low testosterone levels can contribute to fatigue, diminished libido, that sort of thing. Don't confuse low T levels with cross dressing, however. There are lots of guys who CD that have normal or higher than normal testosterone levels.

Depression is a separate issue. If you're depressed, go see a doctor and arrange a visit with a clinical psychologist. Therapy and anti-depressant meds can help deal with depression.

See this excellent thread on low T

I think you should read this really excellent thread on low T.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=131273

Maybe it will answer some of your questions.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Obviously, I have no idea if the level of gender dysphoria you experience means you are a transsexual or not. If and when one is ready, they are ready. When the bell goes off, there really isn't any choice. I can tell you one thing, without any doubt: If you are a woman born transsexual, and simply refuse(not to minimize your reasons for resisting, everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not their circumstances make such a huge step worth it, and find out, as well, if they are, in fact, somewhere on the gender variant scale where they can avoid transition) to face or accept it yet, No amount of T will make you "better". That is the overwhelming experience with GID: It is proggressive in nature, and the more you try to control it or hold it back, the stronger it gets. Or perhaps it just becomes too much work, and we lose our will to fight it. As we get older, it becomes close to impossible. The fact is, it never goes away. Most people like myself spend most of their lives fighting themselves until they are worn out and back where they started, only worse.Personally, I got to the point where my life was totally unmanagable. A very dark place to be, indeed. And fighting yourself by trying to be more of a man...well, all I can tell ya is, been there, done that. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of one case where that has worked, myself.

I am not advocating transition for you or anyone. I simply know that "control" and fighting who you are is a losing battle, in my experience and opinion. I don't think such a measure will ever bring you peace. Wish you the best of luck and strength.

Hugs,

Melissa

Aspiring Member

Hormones aren't everything...

I don't think testosterone has that much to do with crossdressing. It matters, but what matters in your head matters more, and, what you do with your head matters about as much.

If I've noticed anything about the TG community, it's that there are a lot of people who would be unhappy no matter what. I've heard some very odd stories and explanations, so odd that a group of CDs and TSs will look at each other during a discussion and signal to each other, "What are we going to do about this?"

One of the best groups I ever ran into was a group of well employed, well married, fun loving crossdressers. Every event with them was something like Mardi Gras. Nobody had any money problems, girlfriend or boyfriend problems, job problems, or, family problems - they just wanted to go out once a week or once a month dressed to go shopping, see a show, have dinner wearing whatever they wanted. The group, however, got tired of the "tag-along sad sacks" who just couldn't be happy with a nice evening; they wanted to talk about "their problems" - and they had plenty of them.

However, their problems were things like a poor education, bad teeth, alcoholism, lousy people skills, no money, unemployment, having been abused by someone, drugs, and so forth. They needed all sorts of help and a social group out for a fun evening or weekend just wasn't the right time or place. But, since they never "got" that we quit having open meetings and eventually the group just went back to doing things in "one-seys and two-seys."

You can find a way to be a happy in life and certainly collecting a good wardrobe and having a happy "alternate life" is a viable option, in many ways. Still, at some point it is just clothes and paint, leather and fake hair. At some point you have to bring more to any party than just you - you have to bring some jokes, a good ear, some bubbly, and some positive ideas.

Just saying...

I think you should work on your depression issues first. What is working for me is medication and therapy I am also on testosterone replacement therapy and I dont think the testosterone will make you stop crossdressing on my case if I feel better my desire to dress is more stronger

No, it is not testosterone levels. Gender identity exists prior to your body producing it at puberty, not to mention all the failed tests.

Or, let's make it much simpler: Do guys who get testicular or prostate cancer and have parts removed (and hence, low or no testosterone) start donning dresses? No.

I would look into the lonliness / depression in impacting your overall state, but beyond that, is for a therapist.

Member in Training SusanLeigh3454's Avatar

unleashing the Genie

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post

I am not advocating transition for you or anyone. I simply know that "control" and fighting who you are is a losing battle, in my experience and opinion. I don't think such a measure will ever bring you peace. Wish you the best of luck and strength.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Melissa - I am too new here to really comment, but I am a late bloomer (age 56) when I started dressing. Oh, I experimented here and there over the years. But when I really recently dressed for the first time, it was like an overwhelming release of emotion. Now, all that I think about is whether I have always been a woman and just did admit it to myself. I do not want to resist and I do not want to fight the urge. I just keep telling myself to slow down, but it is so hard.

Hugs to all

Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    So in the end, who knows anything about Low T? Has anyone tried it? Anyone interested? I would love feedback
    Hi Becca,

I have never heard about Low T, but I can attest the following:

I had been diagnosed with low testosterone levels years ago, before I was fully aware of my real situation and before I started crossdressing. Back then, I was married, and the diagnose spurred a big hope for fixing our practically non-existent sex life.

Bottom line: the testosterone treatment pretty much sparked the desire in me to crossdress, and at the same time made my body more manly and bulky — much to my dismay. I wish I had never ever started taking this stuff

olga