Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: housekeeping?

housekeeping?

Do any of you have the impulse to be very domestic: iron clothes, do the dishes, etc. play the "wife," or is all the focus on glamour? Just curious.

Lily

If you think those things define a wife, you must own a time machine.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Nope

Not in the least, except for maybe being a wife someday. I do not however equate housekeeping with being a wife or a woman for that matter.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 05-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

ever since I started acknowledging my femme side I have been cleaner in my house, that doesn't mean I still do not let things go from time to time.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Do any of you have the impulse to be very domestic: iron clothes, do the dishes, etc. play the "wife," or is all the focus on glamour? Just curious.

Lily
    It could be something that just turns you on. Being a 50s housewife :-)

housekeeping?

no I don't feel like a wife wen I do cleaning and laundry.I enjoy doing them and yes I do do them dressed.

I have always cooked and cleaned and done the laundry i have been looking after myself and family for twenty plus years -- is that not just life?

Do housework both in drab and dress. Prefer dressing comfy but not always able.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Mmmmmmmmmnope!

I don't feel the need to "get stereotypical" in my behaviors to feel feminine. I just do the things I normally like to do, just with prettier clothes.

Kathi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Being a widower, impulse has nothing at all to do with how I feel doing housework. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done!! Sometimes I am dressed enfemme, other times I am in drab!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Housekeeping has nothing to do with being a woman or a wife. Everyone has to do it unless they a complete slob.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't make the connection between gender roles and housekeeping. Any modern couple shares the duties. There's no turn-on for me in cleaning bathrroms or vaccuuming, it's just gotta get done.
    heh, My mom's father was macho tough on the outside but did all the cooking, and was a gardener who loved to plant every kind of flower imaginable. My mom was a tomboy who liked to play sports with the boys.

If this post is about sissy maid servitude, by all means knock yourself out and have a blast.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I enjoy housework. Not because its the stereotypical "female" thing to do, but because I love doing things for my family. Service is one of my love languages.

With that said, housework does take a whole different twist when you are dressed. I still can't figure out how June Cleaver did house work in a white dress with heels and pearls! In no way does housework define a wife or woman. Unless being a wife or woman means caring for your family
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Well said.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I must admit I always let things slide domestically when I was single and alone in the house.But now I do my fair share around the house while En Femme,not out of any desire to play "the little lady" Stereotype but because Its only right do do my share of the Household chores
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

first its the glamour and then when finally the task of getting pretty is done i play the role of a pretty lady and get the house pretty,,I seem to clean much better when dressed and when its all done the house is sparkling.... then i sit back and enjoy a glass of wine looking at the lip stick mark left on the glass..maybe watching say yes to the dress or thinking about a shopping trip..
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

i live alone so it does not matter how i am dressed it must get done...

but i am dressed most of the time.
    Last edited by Loni; 05-25-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: tyop

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I do not think that was what Lilyrose was insinuating.

Xx Vicky xX

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I do the bulk of the housekeeping, laundry, meals, etc., I enjoy it more when dressed in fem, and especially when dressed in my maid outfit. My attention to detail is more acute. Did I say I also loved posing in front of, I mean cleaning mirrors..........[/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I enjoy housework. Not because its the stereotypical "female" thing to do, but because I love doing things for my family. Service is one of my love languages.

With that said, housework does take a whole different twist when you are dressed. I still can't figure out how June Cleaver did house work in a white dress with heels and pearls! In no way does housework define a wife or woman. Unless being a wife or woman means caring for your family
    Suzanne said it for me. I call it being a "house person". My wife says that's one advantage to dressing ... the place is cleaner. And .. yes .. I do stop and look in the mirrors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    With me dressing is not about being glam neither is it about being "domesticated" (sounds like a cat), it is about expressing who I am.

Because of the hours I work, we have a friend who comes and does the ironing and the cleaning for my dad & I and we share the other chores. However, because I feel generally better in myself when I am dressed, I tend to do as much as possible en femme.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I do lots about the house already,being dressed doesnt make me inclined to do any more than normal.

I was wondering about that too.
    (I'm a GG who is dating a wonderful man who is a CD)

It's kind of retro to think of doing housework dressed in womanly garb in my opinion... but it's not a bad thing if you're into it. If I lived with a man who did housecleaning, I wouldn't really care what he wore as long as he did it without grumbling. I was married for 32 years to a supposedly regular guy who whined the whole time he did anything around the house. It was so annoying that I would usually tell him to just stop doing it and I'd do it myself... but looking back, that was probably his plan all along. LOL

This post just reminded me of growing up and my mother absolutely not allowing us to watch the Donna Reed Show on television because as she put it, "no one does housecleaning wearing a dress and nylon hose!" It really irked her to see Donna wearing a neatly pressed shirt waist dress while she vacuumed. It's funny because some of the moms of my friends did in fact wear skirts or dresses all the time back then, even when housecleaning. My mom, who was usually a fashion plate, wore my dad's old shirt and some slacks when she went to town cleaning the house (which as I recall, was just about every day.)

Personally, I despise housecleaning unless I am doing a bit of decorating too. Otherwise it's a chore from hell for me and I wear what would probably be described as men's clothes when I do it- dungarees, Tshirt or sweatshirt and sneakers. Most of my girlfriends wear similar attire to do housework... so if any CD's really want to be authentic 2010 housewives, skip the pantyhose and pumps. If you don't care, and as I said I wouldn't, then wear whatever you like and do a great job!

All the best,
    MB

I agree that housecleaning has nothing to do with gender. That being said, I dislike housecleaning when I get a chance to do it dressed enfemme.

Housewife

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Being a widower, impulse has nothing at all to do with how I feel doing housework. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done!! Sometimes I am dressed enfemme, other times I am in drab!
    I'm also a widower, so have to do all of the housework, but as I spend most time at home en femme, then that is how the housework gets done